Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Balika Vadhu Written Update 19/8/2013 (Page 6)

aparnauma IF-Stunnerz
aparnauma
aparnauma

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Ganga is a kind hearted good natured girl.She grew up in an environment which is not really conducive to emotional growth or mental maturity.
She became mother without ever feeling what it is to feel like a woman.

She is mentally the same insecure 12 year old girl She just stepped into a different world where everything is beautiful.For the first time she experienced all this niceness.Her reactions are  more like a small girl awestruck by beauty surrounding her.

So there is a lot of gratitude for Jagya and she definitely has a huge crush on Jagya.
Since is a nice girl her feelings come out in a positive way.

Sanchi is very immature and her parents in their over protectiveness never allowed her to grow up emotionally so it is no surprise she comes across as a spoilt little girl who at times get nasty when things do not go as she wanted.Since she is selfish brat her feelings for Jagya come out as wanting to own him.

There is a reason why it is said that  a child needs to grow up in a secure happy home  in order to turn out as a well balanced adult.

Ganga never had a home or parents who could guide her when she was growing up.So it is unrealistic to expect her to be balanced adult who is capable of sorting out emotions.

Sanchi's parents failed big time because they did not take care of their child's emotional growth.

---------

Ganga only knows that she likes her doctorsa I don't think she will be able to say whether it is just gratitude or crush or love at this stage.
So this physical distance is necessary for  both Jagya and Ganga to sort out their feelings.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

aa112233Jan50hookedMisseshaumam_goofyCat_dixie123

sectoreight Goldie
sectoreight
sectoreight

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aparnauma

Sanchi is more like a child who was not allowed to grow up by her protective family.

When you say "not allowed to grow up" -- what more could the shekhars have done?  

I mean they have given her full freedom to study what she wants, dress the way she wants, make her own choices and her own decisions.  I think she has had the full freedom to grow up and be responsible and mature.

Naturally, she will not have the maturity of say, ganga, who has faced certain situations in life ... because saanchi has not had to face those situations and there is no need for her to go through those situations either - rape, child, abuse.  If these situations don't exist naturally in saanchi's life, there is no way they can be manufactured artificially to make her grow up (nor should they be artificially manufactured).

So, what do you feel the shekhars could have done differently?

I think they may have a few flaws in terms of their pampering,  but for the most part, from an objective point of view,  saanchi does not engage in criminal activities, drugs, alcohol, anti-social or illegal activities.   I think the shekhars upbringing has been fine.

I don't mean to challenge you aparnauma. On the screen it is hard to see tone of voice or facial expression. I am genuinely keen to know where you feel the shekhars have fallen short.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Jan50seetha74

aparnauma IF-Stunnerz
aparnauma
aparnauma

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 12:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sectoreight

Sanchi is more like a child who was not allowed to grow up by her protective family.

I don't mean to challenge you aparnauma. On the screen it is hard to see tone of voice or facial expression. I am genuinely keen to know where you feel the shekhars have fallen short.

Why do they feel pressurised to give into her whims?
It does feel like they are taking the easy way out to escape from her tantrums by just giving her whatever she fancies. 
What is their reason for agreeing for this marriage with Jagya?
If they thought that she was making a wise choice why would they have to try so hard to convince themselves?
They just felt it is easier to give in to her than trying to convince her otherwise,

If parents find it easier to give into their childrens' whims rather than convincing them that it may not be right for them then obviously something is wrong with the parenting.
Today it was the groom of her choice in the past it could have been the toys of her choice or lot of other things.
Her thinking process - How is that she knew only to take from her parents and never knew that she should be giving them something back too?
Why was she not corrected when she was a child?Why did they not shape her thought process when she was a child?
Parents do play a major role in the mental development of a child.Shekhars' role is not evident here.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Jan50hookedMisseshaSPujaatominisdixie123

saba113 IF-Dazzler
saba113
saba113

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 12:15am | IP Logged
The gratitude Ganga feels for Jagaya is never going to be less ever It will be always there in her all her life because what he did for her she worships him for that Consider him equal to her god  that will never be less ever even when she becomes his life partner she will be thankful to him always  as she is now 

She has a mind of 12 year or not  but the fact remains her feelings are not huge  crush This is love otherwise there is no love She cannot recognize that , she cannot say it because she has never experienced anything like this ever  so of course she cannot say she loves him Tomorrow she will only get that understanding in her what she feels for him is love she loves him but fact remains she has fallen for him now  The flower of love has blossomed in heart which will only grow up with time , she is  feeling its fragrance  Tomorrow she will give it name flower of love means she will say i love him But she has fallen for him This is love otherwise what is love ? These feelings in her will only grow up with time and become more strong,    Crushes are never like this Her feelings are much more deeper and stronger than only a crush 

Edited by saba113 - 20 August 2013 at 12:21am

Jan50hookedDreamer_BeautifulSoul_ExcuseMePlztiny15yanks28

aparnauma IF-Stunnerz
aparnauma
aparnauma

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 12:32am | IP Logged
Developing affection towards a person who helped her means those feelings have come out of gratitude.

Love for a man is all about wanting to share life with him.That desire to share life out of gratitude for that person cannot be termed as love.

If what she feels is love for that person she should go ahead and build her life which is worthy enough to share it with him.Make a beautiful life for herself and her child and ask him to share her life with him then I will accept it is love.

From what they have shown so far it does not look like love to me.It only looks like infatuation combined with gratitude.If people are convinced that it is love then it is up to them and their opinion.

aa112233Missesha

sectoreight Goldie
sectoreight
sectoreight

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 12:46am | IP Logged

If they thought that she was making a wise choice why would they have to try so hard to convince themselves?
They just felt it is easier to give in to her than trying to convince her otherwise,

If parents find it easier to give into their childrens' whims rather than convincing them that it may not be right for them then obviously something is wrong with the parenting.

Her thinking process - How is that she knew only to take from her parents and never knew that she should be giving them something back too?

@red - I find this interesting.  Why does saanchi need to give something back to her parents?  Children don't have any obligation to parents.  Parents have not done anything great by giving children life and then paying their way through life.   Children don't ask to be born, parents foist life onto them.  Parents have children for their own happiness,  child doesn't ask to be born.

I had my children because I wanted the experience of bringing up a child,  for my own happiness. My kids don't owe me anything nor do I expect it from them.  I don't apply any guilt tactics nor do I nurture a sense of obligation onto them or try to codify it into a contract.   If they happily want to give me something, I am happy to take it.  But  none of my kids know that they "should" be giving back something to me or that they "have" to give it back to me.

The only people that my kids have to give back to is their own children (my grandkids)

@ blue  -- They did have a long discussion, but saanchi was adamant.  I don't think at this age,  there is any sort of control over the child, and even if ira and co. were to exercise control over saanchi, it would be a sort of temporary exercise.  After a while, saanchi would rebel, even if they were successful in getting her married to a boy of their choice.

At this age, what can shekhars do beyond giving her an overview of their concerns? They did do that.  She is also an adult and has her own marzi and viewpoint. 

I don't feel that they adopted a defeatist attitude here.   "Trying hard to convince saanchi" does not mean that they can repeat the same arguments over and over again.  They had an initial shock reaction,  mentioned it once or twice and the matter had to come to a stand still when saanchi refused to have any discussions.  After all she is an adult.

Jan50atominis

aparnauma IF-Stunnerz
aparnauma
aparnauma

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 12:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sectoreight

@red - I find this interesting.  Why does saanchi need to give something back to her parents?  Children don't have any obligation to parents.  Parents have not done anything great by giving children life and then paying their way through life.   Children don't ask to be born, parents foist life onto them.  Parents have children for their own happiness,  child doesn't ask to be born.

I am not talking about her giving back to her parents or being obliged to her parents.

It is about inter personal relationships and relationship with fellow human beings,It just does not look like she has been taught how to respect fellow human beings and consider their feelings.This has to be in childhood by the parents,It is their duty to educate the child that just like her feelings get hurt other peoples feelings get hurt too,
If she had been taught to respect fellow human beings since childhood they wouldn't have ended up with a child who is so unmindful of the hurt that she causes to them.

sectoreightJan50hookedMisseshaumamSPujadixie123

sectoreight Goldie
sectoreight
sectoreight

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 1:01am | IP Logged

Developing affection towards a person who helped her means those feelings have come out of gratitude.

Love for a man is all about wanting to share life with him.That desire to share life out of gratitude for that person cannot be termed as love.

If what she feels is love for that person she should go ahead and build her life which is worthy enough to share it with him.Make a beautiful life for herself and her child and ask him to share her life with him then I will accept it is love.

From what they have shown so far it does not look like love to me.It only looks like infatuation combined with gratitude.If people are convinced that it is love then it is up to them and their opinion.

But don't we all develop affection only towards people who help us?  Whether it is friendship or romantic love?   Who develops affection towards people who kick us and are not our well-wishers?

So how is Ganga's love (even if born out of gratitude) a lesser love than someone else's love (which may be born out of lust ?)

I also don't think that there are pre-conditions to falling in love -- i.e. ganga must make her life for herself first, and only then ask him to share her life.  Why?

She can ask him right now to share her life.    

Ganga has made a connection with him -- a connection she never had with anyone else in life till now.  We all seek that 'zen' connection with someone else -- and she has found it in Jagya. 

She is not in love with him for his money,  she is not in love with him for his looks (though it doesn't hurt that he is a hot sexy doctor LOL)  -- she is in love with him because he sees the person that she can be,  and the person she is meant to become.   

Is that so very very wrong?

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Jan50saba113BeautifulSoul_tiny15yanks28

Go to top