Chat Clubs

Mischief Managed #1 (IO) (Page 42)

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Severus-

Originally posted by starsinmyeyes

I don't know but that scene has garnered mixed responses and the reasons have been various...some see lack of chemistry..some see it as a bad thing for a teacher to say..I'd say think about it from Asad's point of view...some teacher may have told him something because he was like this typical snob kind of a person...he appeared to be...teachers say such things...that scene may not have been cute per se..it was meant to emotional...it was meant to show how disturbed a childhood this man had and how he takes everything to heart...we cannot have Asad and Zoe falling into each others arms at every available opportunity and mitwaing away to glory all the time...it gets boring after a while...their relationship has reached a new stage now...and that is how it will be dealt with...honestly the same audience wanted the jerk Asad to get his act together..now that he has it together, we wish different...He isn't there to break furniture in QH

Shruti, I can see where you're coming from. But you see, THIS is what I was talking about: Gul needs to be innvoative enough to cater to the likings of the young as well as the mature audience. She has to churn up scenes with emotional and physical intimacy woven together!

Even if people are deep-minded, they won't watch melodramatic Shows which run for 500 episodes to watch some brilliant and well-sketched storyline. They'd probably go read some classic novel for that. Everyone watches this for entertainment and most teenagers watch it for good romance. So you can't blame them if watching an old English Teacher getting teary bores them out LOL You see, I may come across as a shallow person on IF but I have been a Literature student since the past 3 years-majority don't take this subject up cause we have an education board in coalition with Cambridge University so they offer a pretty difficult syllabus...and you can't write essays on Shakespeare, Keats and all if you aren't deep enough LOL But I don't find these TRP-driven daily shows worthy enough for my depth quotient (unless they are based on a good novel) LOL People who say "IPK was magical, it was THE best" and "QH is my life, my soul, my liver" probably haven't seen "magical" pieces of literature and screenplay out there.

I remember someone equated ASR to Heathcliff once and I was SO pissed LOL I mean, I have Wuthering Heights rattafied cause it was in my syllabus, I have debated hours on it with my class, I have written more than 50 essays on its structure and plotline...and then I see people insulting it by comparing Heathcliff to a character played by a mumbling, non-groomed actor and ruined by sheer neglect #facepalmmoment
This is exactly what i said,,Gul needs to maintain a balance..I actually think she has done a good job with Asad and Zoya on the emotional front..Something which was totally lacking in Arnav and Kushi..But somewhere down the line, the passion and intensity is lost..She just needs to infuse some physicality and passion in Asad-Zoya scenes..Thats enough to satisfy everyoneLOL
Lol at the Heathcliff comparisonLOL People compared ASR to Darcy as well..Oh the horrorLOL I once made a post comparing Asad's bhang induced confession with Darcy's epic confession in P & P..I din't compare the characters though cos i think its blasphemy to compare a Jane Austin creation with an Indian soap characterLOL But i did find their confession similar..Where they actually point out how the girl is a misfit yet they cant help but fall in love with themLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

starsinmyeyesnautanki_anu

-Severus- Groupbie
-Severus-
-Severus-

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
I'm sorry I went off, was catching up with Suits. Mayn, I love that Show!

So you guys are talking about movies and stuff? I agree with Shruti, disecting Asad is getting really boring LOL And Ranjini, before you start calling him 'sensitive', don't forget how he used to insult Zoya's upbringing time to time. If that's sensitive, then I should go drool over ASR like those fangirls, no? LOL

I really am not a movie junkie unless that movie's one I have been dying to see. I usually just catch up with them on TV. What do you guys think about Aashiqui 2? Worth the hoola-hoo about it? And I'm never excited about Indian action movies. They are bullshit LOL I remember that scene in bodyguard where the water sprouts from somewhere and tears up Salman's shirt buttons...and I died laughing LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

starsinmyeyesnautanki_anurogerrocks

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 2:57pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by rogerrocks

Yup...once..she is so frail man...she is not exceptionally beautiful...but she is sweet looking..

Ya Karan does look better...they tone his good looks down with make upLOL
Lol i have never found her beautiful without make up..She looked really pretty when SC started though..She got to wear such awesome clothes manLOL
Really? Why would they do that?LOL I actually think he uses way too much make up..He looks better in some of those off screen segmentsLOL
Btw, i just read on the main forum that a member is suffering from blood cancer..I get depressed reading such things cos its just so traumaticOuch

SC mein initially she looked really pretty...but who cares baby...she is married to KSGLOL

That's why I said na ..they tone down his good looks instead of enhancing themLOL

Ya..she is just 13 yaar..I just hate this diseaseDead
@ bold-I'd envy her if she were married to Asad..Not KSG thoughLOL

Yeah man its just so sad..I like how she is so confident but blood cancer is just so scaryOuch

-Severus-starsinmyeyesnautanki_anu

starsinmyeyes IF-Sizzlerz
starsinmyeyes
starsinmyeyes

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 2:59pm | IP Logged

I don't know but that scene has garnered mixed responses and the reasons have been various...some see lack of chemistry..some see it as a bad thing for a teacher to say..I'd say think about it from Asad's point of view...some teacher may have told him something because he was like this typical snob kind of a person...he appeared to be...teachers say such things...that scene may not have been cute per se..it was meant to emotional...it was meant to show how disturbed a childhood this man had and how he takes everything to heart...we cannot have Asad and Zoe falling into each others arms at every available opportunity and mitwaing away to glory all the time...it gets boring after a while...their relationship has reached a new stage now...and that is how it will be dealt with...honestly the same audience wanted the jerk Asad to get his act together..now that he has it together, we wish different...He isn't there to break furniture in QH

Shruti, I can see where you're coming from. But you see, THIS is what I was talking about: Gul needs to be innvoative enough to cater to the likings of the young as well as the mature audience. She has to churn up scenes with emotional and physical intimacy woven together!

Even if people are deep-minded, they won't watch melodramatic Shows which run for 500 episodes to watch some brilliant and well-sketched storyline. They'd probably go read some classic novel for that. Everyone watches this for entertainment and most teenagers watch it for good romance. So you can't blame them if watching an old English Teacher getting teary bores them out LOL You see, I may come across as a shallow person on IF but I have been a Literature student since the past 3 years-majority don't take this subject up cause we have an education board in coalition with Cambridge University so they offer a pretty difficult syllabus...and you can't write essays on Shakespeare, Keats and all if you aren't deep enough LOL But I don't find these TRP-driven daily shows worthy enough for my depth quotient (unless they are based on a good novel) LOL People who say "IPK was magical, it was THE best" and "QH is my life, my soul, my liver" probably haven't seen "magical" pieces of literature and screenplay out there.

I remember someone equated ASR to Heathcliff once and I was SO pissed LOL I mean, I have Wuthering Heights rattafied cause it was in my syllabus, I have debated hours on it with my class, I have written more than 50 essays on its structure and plotline...and then I see people insulting it by comparing Heathcliff to a character played by a mumbling, non-groomed actor and ruined by sheer neglect #facepalmmoment

I agree with everything u say Prof...and u aren't shallow..u are honest...

But look at this from a commercial perspective...Gul has got the nerve of the audience firmly in her grasp...and the moment she sees the TRPs dropping, she will use this nerve to it's full potential...and this is the ugly truth...she will tell her story the way she had planned...and use Asad and Zoe to pin the audience down...and with their chemistry it will work...

We all know that Gul did not start with QH having AsYa in mind...their chemistry had good business potential, which she figured out probably within a week of QH's launch...she patiently, painstakingly built this love story...got the audiences hooked and now she uses it intermittently to keep the viewers happy...whatever kind of romance she shows...at least one faction of the viewers enjoys it...because now she has angst, cheese, a marriage hanging in the air, a showdown, emotional and many such tracks tried and successfully tested on Asad and Zoe...all of them were enjoyed by some or the other category of viewers...

The reason she so confidently says that she will do what she likes is because she knows she cannot lose her viewership till she has AsYa...and that's a fact...U may stop watching the cheese fest but when things take a turn around...u will start watching againLOL

-Severus-nautanki_anurogerrocks

starsinmyeyes
starsinmyeyes

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 3:01pm | IP Logged

So you guys are talking about movies and stuff? I agree with Shruti, disecting Asad is getting really boring LOL And Ranjini, before you start calling him 'sensitive', don't forget how he used to insult Zoya's upbringing time to time. If that's sensitive, then I should go drool over ASR like those fangirls, no? LOL

I really am not a movie junkie unless that movie's one I have been dying to see. I usually just catch up with them on TV. What do you guys think about Aashiqui 2? Worth the hoola-hoo about it? And I'm never excited about Indian action movies. They are bullshit LOL I remember that scene in bodyguard where the water sprouts from somewhere and tears up Salman's shirt buttons...and I died laughing LOL

Aashiqui 2 is depressing as hell...and so boringOuch

starsinmyeyes
starsinmyeyes

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 3:03pm | IP Logged

Yup...once..she is so frail man...she is not exceptionally beautiful...but she is sweet looking..

Lol i have never found her beautiful without make up..She looked really pretty when SC started though..She got to wear such awesome clothes manLOL
Really? Why would they do that?LOL I actually think he uses way too much make up..He looks better in some of those off screen segmentsLOL
Btw, i just read on the main forum that a member is suffering from blood cancer..I get depressed reading such things cos its just so traumaticOuch

SC mein initially she looked really pretty...but who cares baby...she is married to KSGLOL

That's why I said na ..they tone down his good looks instead of enhancing themLOL

Yeah man its just so sad..I like how she is so confident but blood cancer is just so scaryOuch

Phir se Asad...dude hua kya hai tujheLOL...

any cancer is scary yaar...I hope she gets through thisOuch

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 3:03pm | IP Logged

Hi 5 mate..Harvey Specter is my dream manLOL
I still think Asad is sensitive manLOL I thought he was being a judgmental and narrow minded ass when he insulted her..I found him supremely insensitive only on two occasions- first when he taunted her about her dead parents and second time when he said she doesn't deserve a family..That was just so below the belt..Lets keep this argument for another dayLOL
I don't think you'l like Aashique 2..Its not your kinda movie i thinkLOL I liked it cos i love tragediesLOL But the story is half baked and the performances are not so great..But the songs and chemistry is top notch..So yeah, if you can look past the mediocricy and appreciate this, then you should give it a tryLOL

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 3:08pm | IP Logged

Phir se Asad...dude hua kya hai tujheLOL...

any cancer is scary yaar...I hope she gets through thisOuch
Lol i have always liked Asad man..Am more into the characters than actors..Its always been that wayLOL I can never watch a serial cos i like the lead actor or actress..I mean watching a movie is fine but how exactly do you put up with a silly show everyday just because you like the lead?LOL I see many KSG fans claiming that they watch QH only for them and they don't particularly like the show & i find that bafflingLOL

Yup but blood cancer seems to be the scariestOuch

Go to top