Chat Clubs

Mischief Managed #1 (IO) (Page 128)

GoodyTwoShoes IF-Sizzlerz
GoodyTwoShoes
GoodyTwoShoes

Posted: 24 August 2013 at 4:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by GredandForge

Originally posted by sujataraje

no i didn't get the point... i mean who are you talking about????
anyways i am not saying actors dont matter..of course they matter alot.. because i can see how attached people are with surbhi as zoya and karan asa asad...

I am talking of acting as a job. If you have to live you won't be waiting for someone to offer you the position of CEO right?
ohh thats true man...my husband always says,,,,this industry is super risky.. i mean how many people come to Bombay,,,,how many get chance...the is such a big margin...anyways..people so all types of role to survive..i can see amara upashyaay selling green tea and medicine to become fair and slimLOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

starsinmyeyesnautanki_anuGredandForgerogerrocks

starsinmyeyes IF-Sizzlerz
starsinmyeyes
starsinmyeyes

Hello ladies...seems like a healthy debate is up. Here are my two cents:

The only reason a serial works is because of a solid story backed by slick direction and played out by good actors...

IMO...Barun, Gurmeet, Sanaya, Amar Upadhyaya are very average actors...and they will fall flat if not backed by good writing. .

On the other hand...actors like Karan and Ronit can make a mediocre scene look brilliant only by their acting prowess. ..

Bollywood is a different ball game altogether. ..it requires a personality that can slip into a multitude of roles without looking odd.good looks are not essential. ..audience should be able to identify with a character in a limited time span...only 3 so far have made it big in films from tv...SRK, vidya and sushant...because all three of them have a believable personality. ..they could be anyone from the crowd types...

A classic example of a good TV actor not making it in films is Wentworth Miller who played Michael Scofield in the tv series Prison Break...he is an amazing actor with drop dead good looks...but he is cut out for TV only...he is too unreal to be identified by a film audience. ..same with KSG...and Rajeev Khandelwal...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

GredandForgenautanki_anurogerrocks

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Originally posted by rogerrocks

yaar i think in male actors  scenario is still better..but in female actors case...its cut throat completion .,PH and channel wants to launch new face with every new show,,,.,now what do you think jenny or sanaya ,jia or anyone else who are experienced popular can grab leads roles in upcoming shows after their current shows..its damn difficult..specially of they dont sustain TRPs
This i agree..But thats always been the case in showbiz..SRK can romance DP but Madhuri cannot romance a Sidharth MalhothraLOL Thats how it works..My mom watches PKD and i swear Mansi Parekh is fab..She deserves to be the lead of that show manLOL Oh and i read that Shalini is just four years older than KSG and she is playing his mother..ChauvinismLOL

I think its Salve. Mansi SalveLOL 
Vaquar also is just a year or two older I heard.

But you are right though. If age shows on the woman, she's no longer eligible but Aamir Khan, Chiranjeevi, can continue to play college studentsLOL
Yup Mansi Parekh is Gulaal ka leadLOL
Vaquar is that young? Good thing though..I always thought Shalini and Vaquar had good chemistry esp. when the show started..Its a different thing that i hate Rashid and never want him to unite with Dilshad in the showLOL

GredandForgeGoodyTwoShoesstarsinmyeyesnautanki_anu

GoodyTwoShoes
GoodyTwoShoes

Posted: 24 August 2013 at 4:29am | IP Logged

see like jia did..she just did jeeni aur juju to survive in industry ...i doubt sanaya can do wonders now...she is not a typical bahu type materialLOL

It has got to do with the right stylist man. See Meghna Malik.

The TV industry needs to move away from this saas bahu. Even shows like Pratigya, Ruk Jaana Nahin, Hitler Didi, Afsar Bitiya ended up as saas-bahu dramas. Heck! Even Bhaskar Bharti couldn't escape that.
indian audience is very moody...you can never predict what will work and what not..but i think anything with good grip over characters and good direction always works...now be it different story or not

GredandForgestarsinmyeyesnautanki_anu

GredandForge IF-Sizzlerz
GredandForge
GredandForge

Posted: 24 August 2013 at 4:29am | IP Logged

Oh yes..If your aim is to just find work and you are prepared to do any crap that comes your way, then am sure you can keep doing one soap after anotherLOL But if you wanna prove your mettle as an actor and do a good show, then it gets really difficultLOL

After a while, it just doesn't matter. The lifestyle needs maintainence. So anything is better than nothing. Only rare people come with a passion to act and they get their success.

GoodyTwoShoesstarsinmyeyesnautanki_anurogerrocks

GoodyTwoShoes
GoodyTwoShoes

Posted: 24 August 2013 at 4:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by starsinmyeyes

Hello ladies...seems like a healthy debate is up. Here are my two cents:

The only reason a serial works is because of a solid story backed by slick direction and played out by good actors...

IMO...Barun, Gurmeet, Sanaya, Amar Upadhyaya are very average actors...and they will fall flat if not backed by good writing. .

On the other hand...actors like Karan and Ronit can make a mediocre scene look brilliant only by their acting prowess. ..

Bollywood is a different ball game altogether. ..it requires a personality that can slip into a multitude of roles without looking odd.good looks are not essential. ..audience should be able to identify with a character in a limited time span...only 3 so far have made it big in films from tv...SRK, vidya and sushant...because all three of them have a believable personality. ..they could be anyone from the crowd types...

A classic example of a good TV actor not making it in films is Wentworth Miller who played Michael Scofield in the tv series Prison Break...he is an amazing actor with drop dead good looks...but he is cut out for TV only...he is too unreal to be identified by a film audience. ..same with KSG...and Rajeev Khandelwal...
bang on..but i still feel rajeev did better than karan...LOL
sushant i like him...but i still doubt how long he can go

GredandForgestarsinmyeyesnautanki_anurogerrocks

GoodyTwoShoes
GoodyTwoShoes

Posted: 24 August 2013 at 4:32am | IP Logged

yaar i think in male actors  scenario is still better..but in female actors case...its cut throat completion .,PH and channel wants to launch new face with every new show,,,.,now what do you think jenny or sanaya ,jia or anyone else who are experienced popular can grab leads roles in upcoming shows after their current shows..its damn difficult..specially of they dont sustain TRPs
This i agree..But thats always been the case in showbiz..SRK can romance DP but Madhuri cannot romance a Sidharth MalhothraLOL Thats how it works..My mom watches PKD and i swear Mansi Parekh is fab..She deserves to be the lead of that show manLOL Oh and i read that Shalini is just four years older than KSG and she is playing his mother..ChauvinismLOL

I think its Salve. Mansi SalveLOL 
Vaquar also is just a year or two older I heard.

But you are right though. If age shows on the woman, she's no longer eligible but Aamir Khan, Chiranjeevi, can continue to play college studentsLOL
Yup Mansi Parekh is Gulaal ka leadLOL
Vaquar is that young? Good thing though..I always thought Shalini and Vaquar had good chemistry esp. when the show started..Its a different thing that i hate Rashid and never want him to unite with Dilshad in the showLOL
yes shalini and vaquar look good together..but i too dont want rashid for dilshi...but i know at end shiren will die..and dilshi and rashid will reuniteLOL

GredandForgenautanki_anurogerrocks

GredandForge IF-Sizzlerz
GredandForge
GredandForge

Posted: 24 August 2013 at 4:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by starsinmyeyes

You've got a good point there. 
It also has to do with seeing them daily on TV. TV and Film industries are cousins in the real sense. Similar but you need different skills. 
The reverse has also not worked out. 

GoodyTwoShoesstarsinmyeyesnautanki_anurogerrocks

Go to top