Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

SRK Vs Akshay Kumar: Did Akshay go wrong? (Page 5)

Real.Madrid IF-Sizzlerz
Real.Madrid
Real.Madrid

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by abby_girl30

^darling lying about your movie being the most entertaining thing is NOT cheating the fans...it's called marketing. Plus half of the bollywood lies anyways.

Akshay endorsed Khiladi 786 and TMK...did those movie not cheat his fan. Your rebuttal is quite illogical TBH. Anyhow end of discussion here...I don't wanna fight over such petty things

Yes maybe because he liked those films himself. I too liked K786! Just because the critics or you don't happen to like a film doesn't mean he or his fans don't either. He should endorse what he likes or wants to endorse.. professionalism doesn't have anything to do with that. Khair, that's my opinion. It's actually one of the qualities I love about this man. 

And my reply was illogical? Honestly, it was still more logical than yours where you compared the responsibility a man has towards his wife and children to that of a film Sleepy

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 6:27pm | IP Logged

Is Ekta upset with Akshay?

Aug 20, 2013 - Reena Kapoor
  • Email this page
  • Printer-friendly version

T9.jpg

Despite its record-breaking collections at the box office, Chennai Express hero Shah Rukh Khan seems to be persistent with the film's promotions. But that is not the case with Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobara.

The film opened to a lukewarm release last week but the hero, Akshay Kumar, is not half as aggressive with the promotions as his rival SRK. Akki left for Bangkok a day after the film's release to shoot for his next project. "The film might not have had the best opening, but Akki's extra few days of publicity could have saved the film," says an industry insider.
Apparently, his premature exit hasn't gone down too well with producer Ekta Kapoor. "Actors usually have a pre-planned schedule which includes a certain amount of days dedicated to a film's promotions after the release. Akshay hadn't taken that into consideration, it seems like. The clash between Rohit and Ekta's films has turned into an ego war now, which the latter's losing," says a trade analyst.

chammakchallo Goldie
chammakchallo
chammakchallo

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 6:50pm | IP Logged
ekta shouldn't have changed the date plus the film sucked
samiam1234 Newbie
samiam1234
samiam1234

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 6:58pm | IP Logged
Akshay knows all too well not to sting SRK.  Heck even Salman wont do that.. the two bozos combined their power after a very succesfull Mujhe Shaadi karoge and tried to bring him down with Janeman.  They also had preity Zinta who had star value for good measures. Plus there was alot of negative publicity with SRK in Don, where most ppl did not like him copying Amitabh.. Guess what SRK destroyed the star power of Sallu and Akki.. They will not try this crap again, I guarantee you they are scared

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

KhanYouGoAwayWaitForIt-ilovecrepesqazplm.Divyaa.

Yuvika_15 Viewbie
Yuvika_15
Yuvika_15

Crazy Creatives Head

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by samiam1234

Akshay knows all too well not to sting SRK.  Heck even Salman wont do that.. the two bozos combined their power after a very succesfull Mujhe Shaadi karoge and tried to bring him down with Janeman.  They also had preity Zinta who had star value for good measures. Plus there was alot of negative publicity with SRK in Don, where most ppl did not like him copying Amitabh.. Guess what SRK destroyed the star power of Sallu and Akki.. They will not try this crap again, I guarantee you they are scared
janeman failed becos the movie wasn't that good the story was lacking... a movie's success isn't driven by the star cast..u could have the biggest star cast bt the film becomes a flop becos the story doesn't work well...i.e. paheli, it had rani, big b and srk...who are not small stars... yet the film flopped..why? becos she film lacked a good concept and story... .also if the success of a movie was all down 2 star power then srk, salman, aamir and big b would never have a flop film to their name...but they do... which jus proves the point...if the movie was good ppl will watch it... bt akky's movie ppl didn't like hence didn't watch its nt got anything 2 do with CE... I remember a BW movie which was released on its own and had a few good weeks b4 a big movie was going 2 b released, bt still the film didn't do well becos the story and concept of the movie didn't click with the audience...I cnt remember the name of the movie as it was a few yrs ago nw... so my point is even if Akky;s movie was released much before or much after CE, it stil wouldn't have done well becos ppl had problem with the movie's story... it wasn't strong enough 2 pull the audience tht loved the first OUATIM

livinggod29 Newbie
livinggod29
livinggod29

Posted: 03 January 2014 at 11:56am | IP Logged
The story and the entertainment matters when it comes to long term success.
ouatimd was not as entertaining than the first movie !

Go to top