Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

   
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

SRK Vs Akshay Kumar: Did Akshay go wrong? (Page 2)

KhanYouGoAway IF-Dazzler
KhanYouGoAway
KhanYouGoAway

Joined: 17 December 2011
Posts: 3148

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 9:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rambo.Rajkumar

Originally posted by StevieG786

Promoting or not wouldn't have made a difference. Sharukh is the biggest star in Bollywood.  Going against him on EID was suicide for any actor out there.  Only one that could maybe have challenged him would have to be Salman Khan. Even then the King would have prevailed. 
 
If your King was the biggest star. Then despite having 3 back to back holiday releases. He never could make huge success out of Ra.One Don2 or JTHJ.
 
Ghantaa bigger star than Salman in India.

I said biggest star in Bollywood. Not just India,  this isn't even up for debate. 

Nice try tho LOL

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

ShallowOpinionsmnmjLavaLips___KkkkkingKhanTheAquaCapriWaitForIt-IceMaidenHakuna-Matataasarasingh86-RaeesRiks-happygirl123Che.Guevaraqazplmsaltaangrybread.Divyaa.ilovecrepesPureBlisstomnjerry2blue-ice.TheRager

Yuvika_15 Moderator
Yuvika_15
Yuvika_15

The Chappal Free Head
Joined: 25 July 2005
Posts: 29851

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by StevieG786

Promoting or not wouldn't have made a difference. Sharukh is the biggest star in Bollywood.  Going against him on EID was suicide for any actor out there.  Only one that could maybe have challenged him would have to be Salman Khan. Even then the King would have prevailed. 
 
u cant say that for sure becos the situation didn't arise...it could well have been dif...promotion can't cause the success of a movie, yes it can attract ppl 2 go c the movie initially, bt later its all down to the story and reviews of the ppl tht hav seen it...
 
I've neva seen akky promote his movies...I think its all down to the movie n mayb the script...im not sure if I would say tht akky's movie failed becos of CE...m sure if it had a stronger script etc it would hav worked...nevertheless I wouldn't measure the success of 1 movie by the failure of another...


Edited by Yuvika_15 - 19 August 2013 at 9:26am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

FireLordPhoenixOJ6.0-Vagabando-2RsFan

Real.Madrid IF-Sizzlerz
Real.Madrid
Real.Madrid

Joined: 02 November 2009
Posts: 21797

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bossman

Akshay didn't screw up. Ekta did. Should've never postponed the film. They shud've come at Eid with a bang. WOM wouldn't have mattered. Screen count would've been a bit less but the holiday factor would've more than made up for it. Most importantly, CE wouldn't have gained the momentum that it had when OUATIMD released. Just like SOS which was trashed left right and centre and still managed to collect just as much as JTHJ, OUATIMD would've fared the same. Should've learnt something from YPD2 earlier this year, whose makers made the same mistake releasing it a week after YJHD. Releasing a film 6 days after another that's on a dream run was a death wish and that's exactly what happened. RIP



This. Thumbs Up

It was indeed Ekta who ruined it, maybe Akshay wasn't happy with the decision himself? Because Akshay doesn't promote films he isn't happy with and films he doesn't believe in, himself.
Che.Guevara IF-Rockerz
Che.Guevara
Che.Guevara

Joined: 03 June 2013
Posts: 9133

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Well he is called King for a reason Wink 


But serious what the hell was kekta Thinking while making this shit. D'oh  feel bad for Akki.


The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

KkkkkingKhanKhanYouGoAwayWaitForIt--RaeesRiks-.Divyaa.qazplmsaltatomnjerry2

FakeLove IF-Stunnerz
FakeLove
FakeLove

Joined: 08 April 2010
Posts: 43012

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 9:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Sean



It was indeed Ekta who ruined it, maybe Akshay wasn't happy with the decision himself? Because Akshay doesn't promote films he isn't happy with and films he doesn't believe in, himself.

Sorry to barge in, but that's not acceptable isn't it? I mean if he doesn't believe in a movie, why waste his time in it for 2-3 months? If he works for a movie, shouldn't he promote it like any other actor does and let the audience decide the fate of the movie's outcome? Confused

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

rish.gsKhanYouGoAwayWaitForIt-FireLordPhoenixabby_girl30noor321-RaeesRiks-atominis.Divyaa.Kai.PiyatrixilovecrepesOJ6.0-SalShah4eva-

ilovedhanjanird IF-Sizzlerz
ilovedhanjanird
ilovedhanjanird

Joined: 01 January 2006
Posts: 14927

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 9:35am | IP Logged
Oh please, Akshay didn't screw up. 
Why would he screw up? he gave his best to the film.
Now as for King Khan being the "KING" and all, no one is forever the king
He just got a plus for releasing on eid, that's that. 
People can't afford to watch 2 films back to back with family.
If both were released together, then the real competition would arise. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sarasingh86Real.Madrid-Robin-

LavaLips___ Senior Member
LavaLips___
LavaLips___

Joined: 29 November 2012
Posts: 606

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ilovedhanjanird

Oh please, Akshay didn't screw up. 
Why would he screw up? he gave his best to the film.
Now as for King Khan being the "KING" and all, no one is forever the king
He just got a plus for releasing on eid, that's that. 
People can't afford to watch 2 films back to back with family.
If both were released together, then the real competition would arise. 


Again,what sort of logic is that,if your produc is good,audience will watch it anyway!

Remember bodyguard and mere brother ki dulhan? If my memory serves me correctly,MBKD did well despit releasing just a week after bodyguard!

Btw its clear you don't like SRK that much

**cough cough jen** **cough cough KSG**

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

KhanYouGoAwayWaitForIt-Che.Guevara-RaeesRiks-saltailovecrepesPureBliss-PoisonIvy-blue-ice.TheRager-SalShah4eva-

KhanYouGoAway IF-Dazzler
KhanYouGoAway
KhanYouGoAway

Joined: 17 December 2011
Posts: 3148

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Sean

Originally posted by Bossman

Akshay didn't screw up. Ekta did. Should've never postponed the film. They shud've come at Eid with a bang. WOM wouldn't have mattered. Screen count would've been a bit less but the holiday factor would've more than made up for it. Most importantly, CE wouldn't have gained the momentum that it had when OUATIMD released. Just like SOS which was trashed left right and centre and still managed to collect just as much as JTHJ, OUATIMD would've fared the same. Should've learnt something from YPD2 earlier this year, whose makers made the same mistake releasing it a week after YJHD. Releasing a film 6 days after another that's on a dream run was a death wish and that's exactly what happened. RIP



This. Thumbs Up

It was indeed Ekta who ruined it, maybe Akshay wasn't happy with the decision himself? Because Akshay doesn't promote films he isn't happy with and films he doesn't believe in, himself.

If what your saying is true it makes Akshay look like an even bigger idiot. Why make a film you don't believe in? 

Just for the record I don't believe that is true. Akshay is a smart businessman. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

WaitForIt-Che.Guevara-RaeesRiks-.Divyaa.-SalShah4eva-

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Ranbir will be playing Kishore Kumar: Amit Kumar

Author: Sam_dean4Eva   Replies: 1   Views: 1290

Sam_dean4Eva 1 1290 22 November 2011 at 3:06am by bamboocopter
Will Akshay Aish Jodi Outperform Akshay Katrina

2

Author: surkikhani   Replies: 13   Views: 4110

surkikhani 13 4110 13 September 2010 at 9:47pm by -Mmmmm-
Jubilee Kumar - Rajender Kumar

Author: souvik1   Replies: 2   Views: 4217

souvik1 2 4217 19 June 2008 at 11:05pm by souvik1
From Khiladi Kumar to Dr. Akshay Kumar

Author: jaanlover   Replies: 3   Views: 2189

jaanlover 3 2189 13 May 2008 at 11:20am by jaanlover
Akshay/Priyanka Vs Akshay/Katrina

2

Author: kawal_tak   Replies: 12   Views: 5833

kawal_tak 12 5833 15 December 2007 at 7:26pm by Mages

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index