Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Bossman

Akshay didn't screw up. Ekta did. Should've never postponed the film. They shud've come at Eid with a bang. WOM wouldn't have mattered. Screen count would've been a bit less but the holiday factor would've more than made up for it. Most importantly, CE wouldn't have gained the momentum that it had when OUATIMD released. Just like SOS which was trashed left right and centre and still managed to collect just as much as JTHJ, OUATIMD would've fared the same. Should've learnt something from YPD2 earlier this year, whose makers made the same mistake releasing it a week after YJHD. Releasing a film 6 days after another that's on a dream run was a death wish and that's exactly what happened. RIP

This. πŸ‘πŸΌ

It was indeed Ekta who ruined it, maybe Akshay wasn't happy with the decision himself? Because Akshay doesn't promote films he isn't happy with and films he doesn't believe in, himself.
Che.Guevara thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Well he is called King for a reason πŸ˜‰ 

But serious what the hell was kekta Thinking while making this shit.   feel bad for Akki.

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: K.Sean

It was indeed Ekta who ruined it, maybe Akshay wasn't happy with the decision himself? Because Akshay doesn't promote films he isn't happy with and films he doesn't believe in, himself.

Sorry to barge in, but that's not acceptable isn't it? I mean if he doesn't believe in a movie, why waste his time in it for 2-3 months? If he works for a movie, shouldn't he promote it like any other actor does and let the audience decide the fate of the movie's outcome? πŸ˜•
nicegirl_good thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Oh please, Akshay didn't screw up. 
Why would he screw up? he gave his best to the film.
Now as for King Khan being the "KING" and all, no one is forever the king
He just got a plus for releasing on eid, that's that. 
People can't afford to watch 2 films back to back with family.
If both were released together, then the real competition would arise. 

LavaLips___ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ilovedhanjanird

Oh please, Akshay didn't screw up. 

Why would he screw up? he gave his best to the film.
Now as for King Khan being the "KING" and all, no one is forever the king
He just got a plus for releasing on eid, that's that. 
People can't afford to watch 2 films back to back with family.
If both were released together, then the real competition would arise. 

Again,what sort of logic is that,if your produc is good,audience will watch it anyway!

Remember bodyguard and mere brother ki dulhan? If my memory serves me correctly,MBKD did well despit releasing just a week after bodyguard!

Btw its clear you don't like SRK that much

**cough cough jen** **cough cough KSG**
Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: K.Sean

This. πŸ‘πŸΌ

If what your saying is true it makes Akshay look like an even bigger idiot. Why make a film you don't believe in? 

Just for the record I don't believe that is true. Akshay is a smart businessman. 
abby_girl30 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Agreed with Nadz...if you don't endorse te final product, then why the hell do you even immerse yourself in it. That is highly unprofessional of Akshay

That's like abandoning your wife and your child after she gives birth to your baby who isn't as good looking as you had hoped for...but that won't change the fact that its still your baby.

My analogy is weird but hope my point is clear πŸ˜† Edited by abby_girl30 - 10 years ago
DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Well everyone looks at it from his/her own perspective. During Joker, Akshay was promised something else.. but eventually it didn't happen so Akshay finished the last few days of the shoot like a professional and after that boycotted the promotions. Why should he promote the film when he doesn't believe in it himself anymore because he was promised something else? And just because Akki doesn't create a whole havoc involving the media doesn't mean he is the unprofessional one. Infact, it shows that he doesn't care about such nonsense but does what he and his fans want.

I along with a few people had let him know that we didn't agree with the postponing, maybe he didn't either? Whats wrong in that? He is a influential star and has every right to be involved in deciding the release date etc. and if Ekta doesn't agree then hopefully she has realized it now.

^^ your analogy is indeed weird. Comparing a film with children doesn't make sense. Anyhow, this article doesn't even seem completely true so I'll just stop here.Edited by K.Sean - 10 years ago
abby_girl30 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^girl now you are just defending him. Try to look at the issue without being biased towards Akshay.

When he got paid for the movie...he gets paid to act + promote...you can't leave the producer hanging in the middle by finishing half the job. If he had some grudges against Shirish it should have been discussed personally and not by abandoning the film.

If he wasn't given what was promised, he should still have suck it up like a man & gone ahead for promotions. Now you tell me if the Joker movie was produced by Akshay himself...do you think he would have abandoned it like that?? HECK NO cz its his money involved here
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
@Abby: Did you see the promo for Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Season 2? The hero has been completely modelled on Emraan's characters.