Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Why do we consume junk films like Chennai Express? (Page 9)

chimchimcher-ee IF-Sizzlerz
chimchimcher-ee
chimchimcher-ee

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 5:58pm | IP Logged
Comprehension problem due to the illusion created by the title. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NoThanks.khoobsurat.

Ankahee Goldie
Ankahee
Ankahee

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by abby_girl30

Cz once in a while eating junk is allowed LOL

I still haven't seen the movie so I can't comment on how bad or good it is

Love your siggy...super hawt!!!!Day Dreaming

As for the article, each to his/her own. At least let a person have freedom to pick the movie they want to see.

Edited by notagain - 19 August 2013 at 7:45pm
ElOqUeNcE IF-Sizzlerz
ElOqUeNcE
ElOqUeNcE

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 8:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by drishal

Why media keep attacking SRK , whereas no one dare to say a word against sallu..
n why y r atacking salman widout ny reason!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

Storybrooke Goldie
Storybrooke
Storybrooke

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 8:35pm | IP Logged
The article was too long so I didn't read it, but here's my take.

The majority in this film considers films like CE, Bodyguard etc to be "junk" films, consistently bemoan about the fact that BW needs to change, that the films are not what they used to be, and YET when these films come out, just who is it that actually goes to watch them the first week alone? The majority of the members. Doesn't matter if one's a fanatic or a cynic. They all go to rushing to watch it, and then afterwards bemoan about it and say the movie predictably wasn't that great.

Well, who cares when everyone pays tickets for subpar work anyways? People pay for the tickets, movies become blockbusters and the cycle goes on

Edited by Storybrooke - 19 August 2013 at 8:35pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.Chameli_billichimchimcher-ee

PigBenis IF-Dazzler
PigBenis
PigBenis

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
Well I guess this article is directed to those who bash masala or "junk" films but end up watching it anyway. So I see where he's coming from. 

But I have a problem with this term he uses "junk" for masala films. There are different varieties of films that fall under the masala category. We have films like Khiladi 786, Himmatwala, Bodyguard, Ready but we also have films like OSO, RR, and now CE which are quite different from the ones mentioned earlier and had different audience reactions. So I think, in my personal opinion, its unfair to call all these movies junk just because they fall under the masala category.

And there's many reasons why Chennai Express is accepted and gets special treatment than other masala films. First and foremost being is that it's a family film. Nothing vulgar, no inappropriate songs where women are referred to as tandoori chicken or asking them what's under their pallu or they're becoming badnaam for you or an item girl is shaking her boobs and ass so you can lust over her, no inappropriate jokes etc. It's a very different masala film and after a long time we have a film that can be watched and enjoyed with your family. Of course it's earning this much money because of SRK but it's also getting good reactions which you don't really see for other masala films. So I suggest people are bashing this movie without actually watching it to please watch it first and then bash if you dislike it. Otherwise you're just coming off as ignorantSmile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

LavaLips___Ankahee.khoobsurat.TheRagerblue-ice.

pakeezah IF-Sizzlerz
pakeezah
pakeezah

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
why do we like movies like Chennai express ?

entertainment entertainment entertainment

SRK SRK SRK

deepika deepika

rohit shetty
enigmatic_zephy IF-Sizzlerz
enigmatic_zephy
enigmatic_zephy

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
First and foremost, you can't always watch 'serious' cinema...at times one tends to enjoy mindless comedy..because that is their USP..full relaxation..mindless..you dont have to think about it...

at times they are plain funny..watching those funny faces, and tones makes us laugh..and that's what the viewer is in for..a masala entertainment..that is a genre by itself...

yes, when it comes to classics list...we may not put it up there..but that doesn't takes away the credit from the film..

On the cr club...that is irrelevant..

U have so many theatres and screens today...add to it the timing of the release..2 back to back long weekends..and no good movie lined up..no big movie lined up..i hear once upon a  mumb was to release..but see...harldy any excitement..

big filmmakers can play the volume game..hence reaching a 100 cr not a big thing now a days..
aish. IF-Sizzlerz
aish.
aish.

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 10:59pm | IP Logged
Category 1: Wanted, Sigham, Om Shanti Om, Chennai Express, Rowdy Rathore, main Hoon Na

Category 2: Khiladi786, Ready, Bodyguard, Tees Maar Khan

I like category one. I enjoy them. Category 2 gave me a headache. So trashing all Masala films is absolute BS.

Plus I don't get what the writer has an issue with. That there are people who prefer masala films over something like 'Ship of Thesus'? Maybe it's cuz not everybody searches for sense in movies, they just want entertainment. Life is getting busier and more stressful, so people take movies as a stress buster. So what if the movie doesn't have a logical script? As long as it made you feel lighter and better, there's no harm.
And these days, people pretend as if liking logical movies makes them very intellectualLOL

I think the Indian audience should accept an English Vinglish just how it accepts something like Wanted and vice versa. Then nobody would have any complaints.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-StrAnGer-enigmatic_zephy

Go to top