Why do we consume junk films like Chennai Express? - Page 8

Posted: 10 years ago
Category 1: Wanted, Sigham, Om Shanti Om, Chennai Express, Rowdy Rathore, main Hoon Na

Category 2: Khiladi786, Ready, Bodyguard, Tees Maar Khan

I like category one. I enjoy them. Category 2 gave me a headache. So trashing all Masala films is absolute BS.

Plus I don't get what the writer has an issue with. That there are people who prefer masala films over something like 'Ship of Thesus'? Maybe it's cuz not everybody searches for sense in movies, they just want entertainment. Life is getting busier and more stressful, so people take movies as a stress buster. So what if the movie doesn't have a logical script? As long as it made you feel lighter and better, there's no harm.
And these days, people pretend as if liking logical movies makes them very intellectual😆

I think the Indian audience should accept an English Vinglish just how it accepts something like Wanted and vice versa. Then nobody would have any complaints.
No way am I a supporter of mindless masala comedies, but this film was way better than many other masala films that have released in the recent years! I love all kinds of films be it TZP, Barfi, Dil chahta hain, Rock on, english vinglish, the dirty picture, agneepath etc. providing they are entertaining!!
This article should had probably come out when ETT became a blockbuster! that was one of the most pathetic films ever to reach the 100 crore club! CE atleast deserves to be in the club because it was paisa vasool for me!
It helps you to forget the reality. It is so mad, crazy and outrageous that even though you know you're watching junk you get to escape reality for a while.

Sometimes it does give you a headache especially if you're in the mood to watch something slightly more meaningful. But if you're looking for an escape, if you're looking for time-pass this is it. You know it is BS, but you look forward to moments when you feel relieved and you can laugh without a worry without the hassle of every day life.
Edited by digitalcamera - 10 years ago
Nothing it just get u into the junk for a while then u just come back from it!😆
for me, its like a relief from our daily lives.. for plain time pass..

I love Pav Bhaji...best veggie dish in the world...yummy...👍🏼..

I love watching Masala films as long as they are well made...I can't watch movie like Himmatwala or Khiladi786...but give me Ghajni,Wanted,Ready,Dabanng,CE...they are on repeat watch...
Originally posted by Storybrooke

The article was too long so I didn't read it, but here's my take.

The majority in this film considers films like CE, Bodyguard etc to be "junk" films, consistently bemoan about the fact that BW needs to change, that the films are not what they used to be, and YET when these films come out, just who is it that actually goes to watch them the first week alone? The majority of the members. Doesn't matter if one's a fanatic or a cynic. They all go to rushing to watch it, and then afterwards bemoan about it and say the movie predictably wasn't that great.

Well, who cares when everyone pays tickets for subpar work anyways? People pay for the tickets, movies become blockbusters and the cycle goes on

Those majority were srk and deepika fans. lol I don't think anyone else on this forum wanted to see it other than the biggest srk and deepika fans. The rest who wanted to see it were probably Rohit Shetty fans.  I for one am a huge srk fan...but I don't go see a film of his just because he is in it. I saw half of CE online...and I hate it. I didn't rush to see JTHJ either. I can tell which films am going to enjoy or hat by the trailer and who the director is...and I usually never like any of the Rohit Shetty film except Singham. Now that was a masala film with good script. Rohit shetty was just banking on SRk and Deepika when he made this crappy film called CE. Now others on this forum don't get offended because I called CE crap. Everyone should be entitled to their opinion. Just because I hated CE doesn't mean am a hater. I hated on Bodyguard too and everyone knows am a huge fan of bebo. And I love Salman. 

AND tons of ppl hated on Ra.One. Do you see me going around calling them haters and ignorant. I don't see why ppl have to call each other names just because they don't like certain films.

and StoryBrook this statement above isn't for you am just saying in general.  
Edited by beboholic - 10 years ago
cos its my favorite stars BIGGEST junk. u have problem?
🤣

GO SRK GO...