Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Why do we consume junk films like Chennai Express? (Page 5)

OJ6.0 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 8:36am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

linux..EvashKrishnala-HousefullKhanYouGoAwayColdplaying-RaeesRiks-BiraSaysWhaddupHayaa.mSilentSilver....Poojie....AbhiLovesShreyaTheRagertomnjerry2MR.KooL

Chameli_billi IF-Sizzlerz
Chameli_billi
Chameli_billi

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 8:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by khoslakadhokla

Originally posted by Dexterkilaila

One word: escapism

I'll have to disagree.

Any kind of cinema is a form of escapism, just varying in degree. Yes, a few films, once in a while, do make you think about some issues. But, even then, what you watch in a film does not equate to reality, its fictional story telling in progress. So, that itself becomes our little way to 'escape' reality and allows us to plunge into another world for those 2-3 hours of our time.

Of course. But that's a given though isn't it? All forms of cinema provide escapism, some more or less than others. It's like binging on Greek yogurt versus High calorie ice cream. Who's to say which one is better at what time? Leave it to the consumer.Both satiate appetite to different degrees. Same goes for films. I see nothing wrong with the usage of this term for CE. I have enjoyed junk films myself on various occasions.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ILoveDramamysterieux

Hayaa.m IF-Sizzlerz
Hayaa.m
Hayaa.m

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 8:46am | IP Logged
Who is he Dead there is enough stuff in media to watch out for ..be the news headlines, dramas or documentaries...whatever at the end of the day everyone needs entertainment and thats what dabang, 3 idiots, , barfi, YJYD and now CE has provided ..if the writer doesn't like such like of cinema than better not preach becoz surely that's not the opinion of those who loved such films ..massive viewership through figures does show that atleast. 
mysterieux IF-Rockerz
mysterieux
mysterieux

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 9:21am | IP Logged

I'll confess i only read the first page of this post...and my reaction was...that the writer was simply comparing masala movies to brilliant movies ...not salman vs shahrukh... its sad that a chennai express made a 100 crore but a ship of thesauras dint...but reality check it did...its movies like dabang, chennai express ...that adds to the delusion  that public maange more and more such are made...as long as people go in to see them..they will be made...but on the other hand there are actors,directors, producers, writers out there... that dare to be different... true to their art... who make movies worth their while and if they find the audience for them... that for them is a battle won and achievement...thats simply how good art has always survived...the  progress for us had been that more such movies are being made and more people have started to appreciate them thats the best thing that can happen.

Edited by mysterieux - 19 August 2013 at 9:22am

ILoveDramaChameli_billi

ilovedhanjanird IF-Sizzlerz
ilovedhanjanird
ilovedhanjanird

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 9:30am | IP Logged
LOL this forum is full of SRK fans in denial so deff no one will agree with this article
but "intelligent" films have been made and appreicated
I would watch a IHLS over ship of thesus any day so i dont fully agree with the author
i do agree about the movie being junk though 

ILoveDramaKya.Bolta.Tu

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 10:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by khoslakadhokla

I'll watch what I want...If I'm paying my hard earned money for something, it better do what I paid for! CE promised to be an entertainer, and that's what it was when I went to watch it. You see is what you get is the case with CE, which is all the more reason to leave most of the audience satisfied.

If Bollywood only had serious/intelligent movies, the place will loose its essence and will be nothing but dull and boring Approve 

Quoting this for the picture for future use. LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AnkaheeHousefullkhoslakadhoklatomnjerry2

Che.Guevara IF-Rockerz
Che.Guevara
Che.Guevara

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 10:17am | IP Logged

Credit Khosla Clap

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AnkaheeHousefullkhoslakadhoklaTheRagertomnjerry2

anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 10:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by eeyoretel

Here's a suggestion to all those who do have a fondness for good cinema but can't seem to resist their guilty pleasure movies ' try treating the next blockbuster release like it's an indie film.

Watch the trailers, read the articles written about it and ask yourselves why you want to watch that movie. Judge a film by the story that unfolds on a big screen. Expect actors to act, instead of allowing a leading man to play the the same role he's played repeatedly for decades. Be entertained by intelligent plot twists and don't get manipulated by gimmicks. Basically, try not to approach Bollywood with the mental and emotional constitution of a teaspoon. 

So much gyaan and advise. Let me quote Geet here, "yeh free mein hai? kyunki chillar nahi hai mere paas". LOL Is this person paying for our movies? If not then please let us decide where to spend our money.
Bhaisaan or behenji, whatever the case may be, not everyone is a critic or blogger sitting and waiting to analyse movies. Most movie goers are common working-class people who get 2 days off in a week, in some cases1 day and they are going to enjoy the weekend. They aren't giving an exam that they'll sit and analyse why to watch a movie bla bla LOLLOL

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

EvashKrishnala-HousefullkhoslakadhoklaChe.Guevara-RaeesRiks-atominisFleurBleuetomnjerry2blue-ice.

Go to top