Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Johnny.Balraj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
.. Edited by DAKDAK - 10 years ago
Indian cinema will forever be stagnant until these 90's superstars are around. Atleast an Aamir will balance Ghajini with a TZP or a Dhoom 3 with a Dhobhi Ghaat and even Akshay whose been doing OMG and Sp 26 to compliment a Khiladi 786 but guys like SRK and Salman have rarely shown a passion for the arts or any creativity, atleast recently. Its all business for them. Saif and Ajay used to experiment before but even that's pretty much stopped now.
But the future seems bright with the young guns like Ranbir, Sushant, Ranveer and Arjun. They seem to have some passion for the creative side of cinema. How long it lasts for each, is anyone's guess.
Raisins thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: eeyoretel

Here's a suggestion to all those who do have a fondness for good cinema but can't seem to resist their guilty pleasure movies ' try treating the next blockbuster release like it's an indie film.

Watch the trailers, read the articles written about it and ask yourselves why you want to watch that movie. Judge a film by the story that unfolds on a big screen. Expect actors to act, instead of allowing a leading man to play the the same role he's played repeatedly for decades. 

Somebody needs to tell him there's a reason movies come out on Fridays cuz its the weekend!! People go to unwind at the theatres not for critical analysis. Seriously what common, working man has the time to read articles n ponder n analyze n contemplate over a movie?? Everyone's not a frikkin' movie critic for Lord's sake...most of the people watch a movie for what it is, go home n doze off ðŸ˜› 
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Bcuz we are idiots not sensible enough for overrated crap like Lootera

Kya.Bolta.Tu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: BeShArAm

Bcuz we are idiots not sensible enough for overrated crap like Lootera

Ii wasnt crap probably the only movie where Sonakshi and  ranveer have actually hsowed their acting skills.
abby_girl30 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Cz once in a while eating junk is allowed 😆

I still haven't seen the movie so I can't comment on how bad or good it is
khoslakadhokla thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dexterkilaila

One word: escapism

I'll have to disagree.

Any kind of cinema is a form of escapism, just varying in degree. Yes, a few films, once in a while, do make you think about some issues. But, even then, what you watch in a film does not equate to reality, its fictional story telling in progress. So, that itself becomes our little way to 'escape' reality and allows us to plunge into another world for those 2-3 hours of our time. 
chimchimcher-ee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This piece is definitely not written for the ones who prefer mindless entertainers (Read, pav bhaji lovers) or the fans... nor is this shoving the writer's likes or dislikes down other people's throat. This one is written for those who complain about the state of BW movies... those who crave for good movies. Yeah the ones who'd ask a few months later, "Why do we consume junk film like CE, ETT, & their ilk?" The writer is saying to those people -- Though you've watched the movie reluctantly... out of curiosity... to criticize... whatever the reason was, it's a fact that you have contributed on the huge box-office collection of the movie. So, if you are the one who's going to ask the question on the title, my suggestion don't watch the movie.. don't give the producers and distributors the wrong message that the whole India loves to eat pav bhaji by contributing on the success of those movies.

Like the members here always complain about Kat the Non Actor & the success of her movies. I always wonder, why do people watch her movies then? I'm not a Kat hater... nor a lover either.. watching the promos of her films, I know she's going to offer me crap.. so I don't bother going to theaters to watch her movies... I don't contribute on the high TRP of her movies either... Yeah, don't even watch her movies on TV. (Well, barring three or four movies I missed them all). Now if anyone says to me that the department of acting of BW has gone to the dogs, for it serves us CAT-feed, I'll definitely suggest him/her  -- Don't watch her films then, My Friend!

Edited by eeyoretel - 10 years ago
At the end of the day it's a cinema hall not a lecture hall

Koi film Kisi ke zindagi Nahin badil sakti 😉 😉

Cinema sells dreams at the end of the day 😉 all they are is dreams
MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: eeyoretel

This piece is definitely not written for the ones who prefer mindless entertainers (Read, pav bhaji lovers) or the fans... nor is this shoving the writer's likes or dislikes down other people's throat. This one is written for those who complain about the state of BW movies... those who crave for good movies. Yeah the ones who'd ask a few months later, "Why do we consume junk film like CE, ETT, & their ilk?" The writer is saying to those people -- Though you've watched the movie reluctantly... out of curiosity... to criticize... whatever the reason was, it's a fact that you have contributed on the huge box-office collection of the movie. So, if you are the one who's going to ask the question on the title, my suggestion don't watch the movie.. don't give the producers and distributors the wrong message that the whole India loves to eat pav bhaji by contributing on the success of those movies.

Like the members here always complain about Kat the Non Actor & the success of her movies. I always wonder, why do people watch her movies then? I'm not a Kat hater... nor a lover either.. watching the promos of her films, I know she's going to offer me crap.. so I don't bother going to theaters to watch her movies... I don't contribute on the high TRP of her movies either... Yeah, don't even watch her movies on TV. (Well, barring three or four movies I missed them all). Now if anyone says to me that the department of acting of BW has gone to the dogs, for it serves us CAT-feed, I'll definitely suggest him/her  -- Don't watch her films then, My Friend!

dats the longest post i have ever come across of u ...😲😆