Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Sushant Singh Rajput FC # 29 - Chanchal Mann (Page 60)

ishika_sushita IF-Rockerz
ishika_sushita
ishika_sushita

Posted: 08 September 2013 at 10:16am | IP Logged
Credit- you2,BW forum

Shuddh Desi Romance UP Zanjeer DOWN

Sunday 8th September 2013 13.30 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Shuddh Desi Romance managed to show good growth on Saturday as it collected around 7.50 crore nett adding to the 6.25 crore nett on Friday taking its two day figure to 13.75 crore nett. The film is faring best in Delhi NCR and Rajasthan while business in Maharashtra, CP Berar and Nizam is not so strong. The film will put up a healthy weekend.

Zanjeer dropped on day two as it collected 2.75 crore nett compared to 3.25 crore nett on Friday. The two day total is 6 crore nett and there is not much hope for the film. The film saw big drops in the single screen areas where opening was slightly better, the multiplexes could not really drop much as start was so low. The Telugu version of the film also dropped on its second day.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima_QAmor.

ishika_sushita
ishika_sushita

Posted: 08 September 2013 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Credit- Anu

Shuddh Desi Romance Doing Well In Overseas | Box Office Collections

It seems that the videsi...we mean the overseas audiences are liking YRF's newly released venture Shuddh Desi Romancethat got released on 6th September. This Sushant Singh, Parineeti Chopra and Vaani Kapoorstarrer made a total business of around 6 crores in 2 Days at the International Box Office market.

Sushant Singh Rajput And Vaani Kapoor in Shuddh Desi Romance Movie Stills

Sushant Singh Rajput And Vaani Kapoor in Shuddh Desi Romance Movie Stills

The film has worked big time in UAE-GCC, what with raking in around $ 432k on 1st Friday and 1st Saturday while in USA it collected $ 278k in 2 Days at the Overseas Box Office.

Shuddh Desi Romance collected approx  10.3k in U.K on 1st Friday and picked up on Day 2, collecting approx  28.8k taking its 2 Days U.K total to  39.1k.

Fatima_QAmor.

ishika_sushita
ishika_sushita

Posted: 08 September 2013 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Credit- Anu

Fatima_QAmor.

-Priya- IF-Addictz
-Priya-
-Priya-

Posted: 08 September 2013 at 10:19am | IP Logged
still need to check out this film on holiday so cnat find a place showing indian films :s
glad that the film is doing wellSmile

Edited by -Priya- - 08 September 2013 at 10:19am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima_Q

Fatima_Q IF-Sizzlerz
Fatima_Q
Fatima_Q

Posted: 08 September 2013 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
Hello pankhas...good to see that SDR is doing well Tongue

@Ishika thanks for updating us and posting all the articles here.

Will watch the UTV video and comment more in the morning Tongue

ishika_sushita

bonnefille IF-Rockerz
bonnefille
bonnefille

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 2:28am | IP Logged
Dunno if this has been posted before...

Sushant Singh Rajput: Ankita is a stablizing factor in my life

The new crop of stars don't believe in hiding their relationships to earn their fanbase, in stead they believe that fans love them irrespective whether they are dating or single. The latest heartthrob Sushant Singh Rajput belongs to the same category and quite like the modern take in his latest romance Shuddh Desi Romance, the actor too doesn't shy away from speaking his mind. Excerpts from a freewheeling chat:

Shuddh Desi Romance takes quite a modern take on relationships...
Normally, love stories in our films are constructed in a way to escape from the monotonous life where all the emotions are heightened. Generally, in a Hindi film the hero will go the heroine and say Main tumse mohabbat karta hoon (I love you) and then they fall in love. Phir ek villain aata hai jisko end main hero maar deta hai and then it's a happy ending but this doesn't happen in our real lives.
Shuddh Desi Romance is a very real and rooted romantic film. We are showing romance as it normally happens, in a very real space, so it's going to be special. The audience will be able to relate to the characters.

The film explores the live in relationships, what's your take on it?
Most of the youth today are confused whether to stick our orthodox Indian culture or whether to allow ourselves to be seduced by the western practices.  The Indian culture has its own dark side in terms of its social behaviour and hypocrisy so we are afraid of this set protocols laid down by our society. It's a matter of one's personal choice and I am fine about being in a live-in relationship with Ankita.

Have you gotten used to the media adulation that is coming your way in the recent times?
No yaar, I don't think I will ever get used to it (Laughs). It is out of my comfort zone. As I am interacting with the media I am learning from them so hopefully things might change.

Kai Po Che was well received by the critics as well as at the box-office. Apart from you there were two other actors but it was you, who stole the maximum limelight. 
I think everyone did a fabulous job in the film, especially Rajkumar Yadav who was brilliant. I was sure that people would like the film but at that time I wasn't really concerned about the box office figures.  This is the most exciting phase of my life for the obvious reason that I am getting to work with some really good directors. 

Did you become more choosey about the scripts after the appreciation of Kai Po Che? What are your criteria while signing up films?
The main reason is the script. Whatever little knowledge I had about filmmaking helped me understand that the script of Shuddh Desi Romance or Peekay had something new to say. I was offered five to six films before Kai Po Che but I didn't find them interesting. I have auditioned for all my films. I was signed for Shuddh Desi Romance and Peekay even before it released.

Did you worry that turning down movies would end up earning you an arrogant image?
Ultimately if one doesn't want to be a part of the script no one can force him. If I would have taken up any film on the basis of relationship then my work would have suffered. I have been honest if I haven't liked a script, because of which I have been able to maintain my relationship rather than ruining them.

Tell us about your growing up days
I did my initial schooling from Patna and then moved to Delhi for my higher studies. I was a protected and pampered child. I have four elder sisters and whenever I needed something I would to ask them their opinion. I would go to school and come back home, study and be with my family. I was very shy and introvert because of which I could never make friends.

Talking about studies you dropped out of engineering to become an actor. Was there a pressure to prove yourself?
There wasn't any pressure but all since all my sisters had a strong academic background I was expected to do something like that. I managed to get my admission into one of the top colleges of engineering. During those days I also took keen interest in performing arts and it was liberating for me as it helped me to become confident and come out of the zone where I was unable to express myself in front of two people also.  It became addictive. At that time I decided to become an actor. I wasn't concerned about money but I just wanted to do this all my life.

What was your family's reaction when they first learnt you want to get into acting?
They were very supportive but at the same time they were a little shocked and confused as they wanted me to complete my formal education. I was sure that I wanted to pursue my career in performing arts and didn't want to waste another year and half on my studies. I somehow convinced them and today they are proud of my decision (Laughs).

You were at the top of your game when you quit television. What made you take such a bold step?
After quitting my formal education this was the second time around where I was taking a big leap. While I was doing television, I was doing the same thing every day. It was becoming monotonous. Although it was a very comfortable position to be in as I was highly paid and was famous but there was nothing challenging. My agenda of becoming an actor is to learn and grow every day.  I am not here for money or fame. If that were the case, I wouldn't have quit TV.  I don't aspire to be a star. I don't understand stardom. I never came to this industry to be the number one star. I wanted to be a number one actor.

You have been very vocal about your relationship with your girlfriend Ankita Lokhande. Is marriage on the cards? Do you take her opinion for your work?
I think marriage can happen any time. It can be this year or next year. She is a stabilizing factor in my life. It is because of her that my happiness gets multiplied. Whenever there is a setback she holds me.  We are in a very happy space today.  She is very much aware of the films I am doing. She does give me suggestions.

Were you ever star struck when you first came to Mumbai?
During my growing up days I watched a lot of Yash Raj films especially Shah Rukh Khan Films. I was a big fan of his films. I was never star struck but I remember once I was sitting with my friends at a coffee shop near Shah Rukh's house in Bandra. He had kept some party and I could see a lot of big cars entering his bungalow. I told myself that one-day I would like to go inside and party with him. Fortunately he had kept an Eid party this year and I was also invite. I was really happy about it (Smiles).  

By Swati Rohatgi

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ishika_sushitaFatima_QAmor.

ProudSushantian IF-Sizzlerz
ProudSushantian
ProudSushantian

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 5:29am | IP Logged
Hi EveryoneHug

Fatima_Q

ProudSushantian IF-Sizzlerz
ProudSushantian
ProudSushantian

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 5:31am | IP Logged

Watched Shuddh Desi Romance & Loved it

performance wise Pari, Rishi Kapoor & Vaani all were goodClapClapClap but Sushant was the show stealer (atleast for me) StarStarStar loved his acting & expressions as confused yet lovable RaghuThumbs UpDay Dreaming Sushant & Pari's chemistry was good & they looked adorable together & liked Sushant with Rishiji & Vaani tooSmile
All songs & backgroud scores are good...visual wise loved song GulabiSmile

I m so happy that film is doing well on BOClapDancing& so happy for SushantBig smile
wish it becomes Super Hit, In Shaa AllahEmbarrassed

Fatima_Q

Go to top