Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Sushant Singh Rajput FC # 29 - Chanchal Mann (Page 40)

Minion23 IF-Sizzlerz
Minion23
Minion23

Posted: 02 September 2013 at 6:46am | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima_QAmor.ChannaMereya

ChannaMereya IF-Stunnerz
ChannaMereya
ChannaMereya

Posted: 02 September 2013 at 6:56pm | IP Logged
thank u for all updates 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima_Q

Fatima_Q IF-Sizzlerz
Fatima_Q
Fatima_Q

Posted: 02 September 2013 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
Hello pankhas...sharing some creations made by AASUS (Athisda)...as per Taz's request. Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ProudSushantianMinion23

ishika_sushita IF-Rockerz
ishika_sushita
ishika_sushita

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 1:49am | IP Logged

Don't aspire to be a star: Sushant Singh Rajput

Last Updated: Tuesday, September 03, 2013, 12:31

Mumbai: Actor Sushant Singh Rajput, who has made a foothold in the industry with the success of his debut film 'Kai Po Che', says he never takes up work for commercial reasons and being a star is not on his mind.

Sushant became a household name with his portrayal as Manav in popular TV show 'Pavitra Rishta'. But he quit small screen and entered Bollywood with the Abhishek Kapoor film which won him lot of accolades.

"My plan A was not to be in movies, this was not my aim it just happened... I am going with the flow. I am not here for money or fame and I don't work for it either. I don't understand stardom and don't aspire to be a star... I want to be a number one actor. My agenda is and will be always to evolve as an actor," Sushant said in an interview here.

The 27-year-old has a number of interesting projects lined up for release including 'Shuddh Desi Romance', 'Peekay', 'Detective Byomkesh Bakshy' and another film with Abhishek Kapoor.

"I feel very fortunate to work with such talented directors. It is an exciting phase of my life. I have my own reasons to do films and be in this industry. I don't understand commerce so I don't make a decision based on what the film will do commercially, he said.

"I am not insecure... I am going with the flow and learning each day. If I don't get right kind of scripts then I will do something on TV or theatre and be happy and excited as I am today," he said.

On the potential of being the next superstar, he says, "There is a sense of huge responsibility... I am not bothered rather I am excited. I feel responsible as filmmakers want to convey certain things through the film and the character that I play. They expect a lot from me as an actor.

"To achieve that kind of perfection you have to invest time in preparation. It is deliberate on my part to take two-three months time and do research and work, make myself believe that I can feel this character," Sushant added.

Sushant wants to be part of unconventional films and portray characters that are real.

"I would like to portray characters that are etched out in good way. I am a good dancer, trained in martial arts.. I can do films that are conventional Bollywood films as they make money and entertain. This is not something I am looking for... I am trying to portray more realistic characters," he said.

He believes his upcoming film 'Shuddh Desi Romance' is not conventional.

"This film is also not conventional... It is not a typical love story. It is in very real space. We are not fantasising it. It is a romance that happens in daily life. It is quirky, witty, humorous. It is very real and that is why I opted for this film," he added.

In 'Shuddh Desi Romance' Sushant is seen romancing Parineeti Chopra and newcomer Vaani Kapoor.

"Parineeti is very spontaneous and all you have to do is react. So the chemistry is organic and natural. Vaani has not got a formal training in acting but she is confident in front of camera and she is willing to learn. It was good experience working with them," he said.

Sushant left TV when he was at the peak of his career on small screen. He got bored of doing the same thing on a daily basis.

"The show was going on and on. There was nothing new to say as an actor though I was in a comfortable space, was famous, highly paid. But then my agenda is and will be always to evolve as an actor. While doing the show I felt I was repeating myself there was nothing to learn and there was a conscious decision to leave the show," he said.

But he is open to be on TV again provided he gets an interesting offer.
"TV is a powerful medium and reaches every home. Next two-three years he feels there will be seasons of shows, there will be creativity and then it will be satisfactory," he adds.

He says though the film industry had a different notion about TV actors it is luckily changing now.

"There is a mindset that this is TV or film actor. TV actors can be as good if not better than those doing films. In Hollywood all big stars or actors are doing TV as well as films. Here there is an issue. The audience patronises all kind of good films. Today the industry is changing so there is a need for good actors."

Sushant has also expressed his desire to get behind the camera and direct films.

"I am still learning every bit of filmmaking as it excites me. Every day of shoot I ask technicians how this and that happens. I want to tell my stories some day, I don't know if I understand the graph well or how to convey a story. The day I feel I am technically able to tell my story I will do it," he said.

PTI

First Published: Tuesday, September 03, 2013, 11:56

Amor.

ishika_sushita
ishika_sushita

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 1:58am | IP Logged

Sushant Singh Rajput Takes on Bollywood as Yash Raj Lead

• Rate This  
  •      
clip
After finding stardom with television, actor Sushant Singh Rajput is set to make his mark in Bollywood films with upcoming release "Shuddh Desi Romance."
  • MUMBAI, India

Sushant Singh Rajput is the latest newbie to transition from the small to the big screen. After delivering better than the other boys (Amit Sadh and Rajkumar Yadav) in "Kai Po Che!" in early 2013, he is now the sole leading man of Yash Raj Films' love story with a difference, "Shuddh Desi Romance."

Meeting Rajput at Yash Raj Studios (though he is a bit under the weather due to the frantic promotional spree) finds the actor very happy about working with Yash Raj, and fully geared up for the responsibility of a solo lead in a YRF enterprise.

He never aspired to be in films and it was the package of UTV, Abhishek Kapoor and the script that made him take on his debut film. "I was only auditioned for the role I played in Kai Po Che!,'" he smiles.

"But if given a choice from the three roles, I would do the same role again. I have this inability to express myself in front of several people still, though luckily this does not happen in front of either an audience or the camera. When I quit television, it was to do a filmmaking course abroad," he says.

While actors are actors are actors, Rajput does feel that film actors are bigger than their small-screen counterparts. "There are minor technical differences " on television, there are extreme close-ups, work is fast and when you are on a reality show, everything is live and you are playing yourself," he notes. "You have to convince yourself to prepare and research, and everything works right when the script and co-star are right."

Rajput notes that the problem with television today is content, which is not only illogical but stretched and repetitious. "For an actor, though, it is easy and great money and you can get famous quickly. I quit Pavitra Rishta' because things were getting too monotonous," says the actor.

"Shuddh Desi Romance," he says, is a real, unconventional, quirky and intelligent love story. "You can feel that the characters are one of us. There is no escapism." He refutes the concept that drama and audience gratification are not there when the story is real. "The film is about infatuation and love, conflicts within relationships and societal protocols and hypocrisy," he says. "When real emotions come in, and real issues, there is definitely going to be drama. Here the Western concept of living-in is explored in a romance."

Songs, being unreal, were difficult for him at first. But he soon got into a comfort zone with them. Though Rajput prefers realistic films, heightening emotions in a larger-than-life way is also good as the audience, he concedes, loves such films.

His next two films, Kapoor's "Fitoor" and Dibakar Banerjee's "Byomkesh," are his kind though. Fascinated by the latter film, which has gone on the sets, he says that he was intrigued by Bengal's most famous fictional detective that he plays. "Here is a man who has no secure job. He has a different wiring from all of us," he says. "I am thrilled that Dibakar has chosen me. I personally lay more importance on substantial work rather than commercial success."

Rajput has also found his soul mate in Ankita Lokhande, his "Pavitra Rishta" co-star. However, he is a tad upset about her not being chosen as the heroine of a big forthcoming film. "There are reservations against television actors," he says.

A prestige conquest is Rajkumar Hirani's "Peekay," but he would rather not talk about that role. "I do not know whether I am supposed to reveal anything about the film," he smiles.

Below are other television talents besides Rajput who have played leads in Hindi films:

Aamna Sharif 

Amarr Upadhyay 

Amit Sadh

Anita Hassnandani (Natassha)

Karishma Tanna

Masumeh

Prachi Desai 

Smita Patil (newsreader)

Shah Rukh Khan

Vidya Balan

ishika_sushita
ishika_sushita

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 2:18am | IP Logged

Sushant Singh Rajput, Parineeti Chopra will not promote Shuddh Desi Romance in Patna?

Dailybhaskar.com  
Related Tags >>
Shahrukh Khan
Next
1 of 9

Film promotions, these days, are of utmost importance. A movie's publicity is important not only for the concerned production house, but even the film's cast and crew. When Shah Rukh Khan can rake in an unimaginable amount of moolah by promoting his film, why wouldn't the rest of the film industry follow suit? Since SRK was born and brought up in Delhi, the capital city is one his favourite places when it comes to promotions, events, performances and meetings.

Following SRK, SSR too had expressed his desire to promote his film in his native place. SSR who? We mean Sushant Singh Rajput. The current Bollywood hearthrob belongs to Patna, Bihar. Now that he's moved on from television to the big screen, the actor wishes to go back to his birthplace to let all the Patna population know about his roots. 

But looks like Sushant will not be able to promote his film Shuddh Desi Romance there. If rumours are to be believed, one of his female co-stars is to be blamed. Here's the full story:

The latest goss is that Sushant Singh offered to the team of his film that they should visit Patna to promote Shuddh Desi Romance.A much casual conversation was taking place, when one of his co-actors raised an objection stating that the city is not safe for women.

Hence, she might have issues visiting the place.

After all, what are film promotions when one of the main actors is missing.

Hence, so far, the Patna tour is not on the cards for the cast of the movie.We don't know who's safety issues were a concern, but Sushant, insiders reveal, was not too pleased with these objections and issues against his native place.

But he didn't take the argument forward and did not insist his wishes further.The actor maintained dignity and silently kept his wishes to himself. Looks like they are not going to his native place now. One Shuddh Desi gentleman he is!  

Edited by ishika_sushita - 03 September 2013 at 2:15am
Amor. IF-Stunnerz
Amor.
Amor.

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 4:55am | IP Logged
can i join?

Fatima_Q

Fatima_Q IF-Sizzlerz
Fatima_Q
Fatima_Q

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 5:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Amor.

can i join?

Of course Tongue
New pankhas are always welcome Hug

Please do remember to comment on Sushant's profile at least once a day. Embarrassed

Go to top