Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Sushant Singh Rajput FC # 29 - Chanchal Mann (Page 36)

ishika_sushita IF-Rockerz
ishika_sushita
ishika_sushita

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 2:19am | IP Logged
Credit- Anshi

Sushant Singh Rajput is the next big thing in Bollywood

SHIVANI MANKERMI   |   MAIL TODAY  |   SEPTEMBER 1, 2013 | UPDATED 11:03 IST
He is just one film old but Sushant Singh Rajput is already a hot contender for the tag of Bollywood's next big thing.

Sushant is in demand by the industry's biggest banner, Yash Raj Films, has signed films with top stars such as Aamir Khan and Katrina Kaif, and is a rare newcomer who doesn't seem to have problems getting solo hero roles after his impressive debut in Kai Po Che . The actor's new film Shuddh Desi Romance opens on Friday and initial buzz about the YRF production is positive. The film co- starring Parineeti Chopra and Vaani Kapoor is based on Gen Now's notions on relationships.

"Everyone who has been in a relationship will relate to my role. I play a streetsmart guy but when it comes to love and commitment, my character is confused," said Sushant.

About the passionate kiss he shares with Parineeti, he said: " We are portraying a real- life love situation. I prefer to realistic characters, so if intimacy is needed it should be presented freely." Sushant is among the few artists who have successfully moved from television to films. However, his upward career graph has taken a toll on personal life.

He hardly gets time to spend with girlfriend, actress Ankita Lokhande.

"My personal life has been affected. There are times when I am not even able to attend Ankita's calls and then I owe her a lot of explanation," he said.

After Shuddh Desi Romance , Sushant will essay the title role in Dibakar Banerjee's Detective Byomkesh Bakshey . The character made popular by Rajit Kapoor on Basu Chatterjee's Doordarshan show of the ' 80s gets a new- age twist in a period setting. The film is based in Kolkata.

"Dibakar is very clear about what he wants. We portray a different era and I have to understand the unique culture of Kolkata in the 1940s. I have to understand the character's psychology. Hence I have taken a three- week break to concentrate on research," he says.

He is excited about working with Aamir Khan in Rajkumar Hirani's Peekay . "I have learnt a lot from Aamir Khan on the sets of Peekay.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

coolpratz

ishika_sushita
ishika_sushita

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 2:21am | IP Logged
Credit- Anshi

Sunday 01st of September 2013 07:42:03 AM GMT

Sushant Singh open to acting in regional films

Mumbai, Sep 1 (IANS) Actor Sushant Singh Rajput, who has already earned a name in the Hindi film industry, says he is open to do regional films.

He was appreciated for his work in "Kai Po Che" and now the audience is eagerly waiting to see his acting prowess again in "Shuddh Desi Romance", which is releasing Sep 6. 

"I never planned my career. I can understand Marathi, but I can't talk. I am open to everything. I just want to be a part of films that I believe in and that can be Marathi, Gujarati or anything. So, I am open to do regional films," Sushant told IANS.

Sushant, who will be working with director Abhishek Kapoor again post "Kai Po Che", says they have enough respect for each other.

"When we were shooting for 'Kai Po Che', he had this trust in me. It was very kind of him to ask me to work in this film. After the success of Rock On!!' and Kai Po Che', he could have cast any star for the film, but we have enough respect for each other. This is very encouraging for me as an actor. The film will go on floors by next year," he said.

The film, produced by Ekta Kapoor, is an adaptation of Charles Dickens' classic "Great Expectations" and Sushant will play the protagonist in the film. 

coolpratz

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 2:55am | IP Logged
Chanchal mann!! Ahah! loved the name of the FC! Chanchal mann ati random has been my status on watsapp ever since the song came out.. lol!! 
Hay-lo to all!! Are you ready for the 6th? :-D

Edited by nikitagmc - 01 September 2013 at 2:55am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ishika_sushitaFatima_QChannaMereya

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 2:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ummesulaiman

Loving all the promotions that YRF is doing with SDR...and the timing is so right.  If they had started earlier...public which has short term memory would have forgotten about it...now it is like the SDR team is on all the important shows.

I know Zanjeer is coming out on the same day...but it is a different genre.  And SDR is fresh and new and won't have the burden of being compared to the original version of an Amitabh Bachan movie.

I am not having a good feeling about Zanjeer.Embarrassed Promos are uninteresting. My Mom was like 'huh'.LOL It will get a better opening though. SDR I guess will depend more on word of mouth and pick up if WOM is good.

Edited by nikitagmc - 01 September 2013 at 2:59am

ChannaMereya

ishika_sushita
ishika_sushita

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 2:59am | IP Logged
Credit- Ashu and Tanmi

Photo: Rajput

Photo: Shuddh Desi Romance

Fatima_Q

ChannaMereya IF-Stunnerz
ChannaMereya
ChannaMereya

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 3:53am | IP Logged
niki that is why make me scared yrf confidence is scaring me too dunno if ppl are ready for films like SDR in india
Fatima_Q IF-Sizzlerz
Fatima_Q
Fatima_Q

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 4:54am | IP Logged
Hello pankhas...Sushant is tagged in a new article...please comment...

Fatima_Q IF-Sizzlerz
Fatima_Q
Fatima_Q

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 4:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

Chanchal mann!! Ahah! loved the name of the FC! Chanchal mann ati random has been my status on watsapp ever since the song came out.. lol!! 
Hay-lo to all!! Are you ready for the 6th? :-D

Hey Nikita...great to see you stop by Tongue

Can't believe it is finally September LOL

Don't know when I'll be able to see SDR myself...but yes...waiting anxiously for the 6th nevertheless Big smile

Go to top