Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Jodha Akbar the movie or JA the serial? (Page 3)

Paru... IF-Rockerz
Paru...
Paru...

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 3:09am | IP Logged
liked Rajat more than HR as Akbar.Rajat is just awesome as Akbar.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Autumn_Rose

Autumn_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
Autumn_Rose
Autumn_Rose

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 3:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rimi10

Well, its not as if I didn't enjoy the movie as HR and AR were at their bestEmbarrassed but now that JA, the serial is being telecasted I think I will go for the showSmile
Off course the first and the foremost reason being Rajat. HR is definitely hotter but Rajat's potrayal is closer to what we imagine as AkbarDay Dreaming. For me HR the superhero is way better than HR the Akbar. 
Also the other reason being the details or the elaborate story for example why did Raja Bharwal ever took the decision to get Jodha married to a Mughal whereas even in modern times inter religion marriages are considered a taboo in most of our society. So it was kind of weird when they showed it in the movie. Again its very unfair for me to compare on these aspects  because the movie was only a  3hours show. 

In the movie, Raja Bhairamal was impressed with Jalal's muscle power and elephant taming skillsLOLThat is so weird! I can only understand why girls can fawn over the scene. Same with Ash, she was impressed with his muscles.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rimi10lashy

rimi10 Goldie
rimi10
rimi10

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 3:24am | IP Logged
LOLLOLLOL, I know, the way Raja Bharwal proposed to Akbar for his daughter's marriage, it did seem that he was impressed with Akbar's warrior skills more than anything else or may be he had a prophecy that this will do wonders for his kingdom.
poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 3:28am | IP Logged
HR and Aishwarya (two actors whom I personally don't even like very much) immortalized JA for me! I don't think anyone can personify Akbar the way that Hrithik did...he totally got into the skin of the character and looked and felt every inch a royal. Now everytime, I even read something about Akbar, its actually Hrithik's face that comes to my mind!LOL Same for Aishwarya...for someone who can barely act, I thought she was spot-on with her portrayal of a Rajput Princess...the mixture of docility and courage was just perfect. Also, I think the movie in general was quite realistic...yet superbly entertaining.

Regarding the show, while Rajat does a very impressive (albeit completely different from HR's take on the same character) job of playing Akbar, I find Paridhi to be a bit lacking. She is definitely improving in every episode, but IMO, she lacks the effortless dignity and class that Aishwarya Rai brought to the character of Jodha.

Also, though the show is obviously much detailed and quite entertaining, there are serious creative liberties taken and somehow Ekta Kapoor manages to infuse a sense of her Saas-bahu serial essence into a historical show also!LOL The way she plays out the rivalry between the evil Ruquiaaya and the goody-two-shoes Jodha could easily have come out of anyone of her K-serials! Also, Maham Anga more or less fills in the shoes for the typical wicked mother-in-law here, a staple of any BT show!

But overall, I do like watching the show...the ensemble cast is pretty good and its fast paced, which helps! Plus, Rajat is simply suberb! I think he carries about 80% of the show on his shoulders!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ishapariTriShaktimanzilmukul

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 3:37am | IP Logged
Agree Rimi Smile

Originally posted by poppy2009

Regarding the show, while Rajat does a very impressive (albeit completely different from HR's take on the same character) job of playing Akbar, I find Paridhi to be a bit lacking. She is definitely improving in every episode, but IMO, she lacks the effortless dignity and class that Aishwarya Rai brought to the character of Jodha.

Also, though the show is obviously much detailed and quite entertaining, there are serious creative liberties taken and somehow Ekta Kapoor manages to infuse a sense of her Saas-bahu serial essence into a historical show also!LOL The way she plays out the rivalry between the evil Ruquiaaya and the goody-two-shoes Jodha could easily have come out of anyone of her K-serials! Also, Maham Anga more or less fills in the shoes for the typical wicked mother-in-law here, a staple of any BT show!

But overall, I do like watching the show...the ensemble cast is pretty good and its fast paced, which helps! Plus, Rajat is simply suberb! I think he carries about 80% of the show on his shoulders!
Lovely catching you here...Embarrassed

Now as far as I'm concerned (at least so far) I feel AG's JA has taken as many creative liberties as Ek has...AG had to keep pace for only 3 hours...EK has  to run it for months...very difficult to keep up with the TRP act without bringing in masala/drama...so vilifying an already-shrewd power-hungry MA would not be really unheard of...yes Ruqs has been butchered and  wish the CVs didn't do that...but the rest of the story  seems to be told better/justified/explained better than in the movie (due to reasons aplenty)...

As for reality, real-life characters in emperor Jalal's life i.e. AK, BK and MA make it the perfect real-life story to retell...only the romance bit was missing...which our current makers seem to be great at adding as per their own preferences...

Edited by lashy - 19 August 2013 at 3:37am

poppy2009

Parijatrocks IF-Sizzlerz
Parijatrocks
Parijatrocks

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 3:54am | IP Logged
more than movie i like this show..

as movie dint show jalal negative image... it show s jalals transformation to akbar...

so this show seems lot more real compared to movie...

..Breeze.. IF-Rockerz
..Breeze..
..Breeze..

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 4:00am | IP Logged
I love JA movie..I've watched it way too many timesEmbarrassed I am liking the serial too, but my first vote goes to JA movieThumbs Up

TriShakti

MehRya.. IF-Addictz
MehRya..
MehRya..

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 4:19am | IP Logged
Loved the movie thats way watching the show but am just liking the show and i just cant get enough of watching it!<3

TriShakti

Go to top