Posted: 10 years ago

Review of Kehta Hai Dil… Jee Le Zara

Posted on August 19, 2013 by Varnica

[To set reminder and check TV schedule of Kehta hai Dil... Jee Le Zara click here.....]

Time has come for all the leading ladies of Tv town to be alert as queen of Drama is back with a bang! Sangeeta Ghosh makes a strong come back with Sony Tv's latest offering Kehta hai Dil….Jee Le Zara. We all know Sangeeta is a good actress and after her short career break, this woman is making waves by her right choice of role. She is not playing a bubbly young girl or a traditional bahu, she chose to play a well sketched matured character, suiting her age.

The show which revolves around her is quiet different from the current sagas going on the Television right now. Her character 'Saanchi' reflects a modern woman who is well versed with her responsibilities too. She is single but not frustrated. Saanchi is a woman of substance with great will power and dedication to work. She handles her father's business of 'Strawberry Farm.' She is aware of her family's concern over her long awaited marriage but she is too busy in filling their life with colors.

The first episode gave an over all idea about the concept of the show, one aging daughter in the house who is not bothered about herself, two elderly grand moms who are after her life to find a groom. The first episode was cute, well shot and everyone played their roles very effectively. Despite sharing screen space with talented actresses like Meenakshi Sethi who plays Nani and Sulbha Deshpande who dons the character of chirpy Dadi, Sangeeta was excellent in emoting her role.

Delnaaz Irani is also good as Dilshad who is Sanchi's best friend but we have seen Delnaaz many times in similar roles. Since the whole concept looks little similar to the first half of 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' where Preity Zinta's mom and Naani were dying to get her a good groom for marriage. So, by default Delnaaz is a perfect choice for this character who is desperate to get married and adds fun to various situations in the household.

Produced by Rose Audio Visuals Pvt Ltd, Jee Le Zara is set in Panchgani, Maharashtra. The show also marks the entry of the good looking B-town actor Ruslaan Mumtaz on TV who will be playing a suave and wealthy lawyer but a guy who is at ease with life and knows how to enjoy it.

The first episode has already made his entry into Saanchi's life, they will meet on a road while Saanchi is driving the jeep and he comes for a lift. Well, he looks promising and I am sure their chemistry will soon spark the small screen.

Saanchi's siblings, Prabhu and Prachi played by Nabeel Ahmed and Priyanka Sidana respectively, acted well. The show is written by Niranjan Iyengar and directed by Siddharth Sengupta.

It is not a fresh story but can work wonders if it sticks to it's simple story line and not dragging over the top concern over Saanchi's marriage. I know, this is the hightlight of the show but in Modern India, marriages have taken a back seat when it comes to career oriented women, in this case Saanchi too is running a business and she would wait for a right guy who understands her responsibilites. I hope producers and writers would think about it too.

"It is not a fresh story but can work wonders if it sticks to it's simple story line and not dragging over the top concern over Saanchi's marriage. I know, this is the hightlight of the show but in Modern India, marriages have taken a back seat when it comes to career oriented women, in this case Saanchi too is running a business and she would wait for a right guy who understands her responsibilites. I hope producers and writers would think about it too."
Completely agree to the above statement. 😊 Thanx for sharing 😊
i agree.bt it is actually a fresh one for me 😳 coz this concept solely is not fresh bt in Indian serials it is rare,last i saw a show on such concept was Astitiva on Zee .. so after a long time something from such concept is coming which is really appreciable for me 😃
anyways d review is all good.hoping for d best :D
Originally posted by ...Jes...

i agree.bt it is actually a fresh one for me 😳 coz this concept solely is not fresh bt in Indian serials it is rare,last i saw a show on such concept was Astitiva on Zee .. so after a long time something from such concept is coming which is really appreciable for me 😃
anyways d review is all good.hoping for d best :D

I also agree with u,I just got 2 see the kind of older girl-young boy couples only in k-dramas, urdu dramas...
Originally posted by Rishani7

I also agree with u,I just got 2 see the kind of older girl-young boy couples only in k-dramas, urdu dramas...

yyah i knw ..& for me man being elder is not such a big things,not just for me bt in d society too.bt woman being elders is a great deal honestly . hope they can achieve what they r trying to show :)

Jee le Zara more impressive than Do dil Bandhe ek dori se!

Recently launched shows Kehta hai Dil.Jee Le Zara and Do Dil Bandhe Ek Dori Se, onSony Entertainment Television and Zee TV respectively are gaining a lot of popularity in terms of TRPs. While Do dil is all about the story of a girl, raised amidst the love and wealth of her doting grandfather, jee le zara is a story about a girl, whose life has been a far cry from pampering. Instead, her life has seen a journey of grief and struggle.

While the former show has not so impressive star cast, apart from veteran actor Alok Nath, the latter has once upon a time-the queen of silver screen, Sangeeta Ghosh. The actress chose the show to get back onto silver screen after a long hiatus and so the popularity, just to see the actor in skillful acting precision.

Sangeeta Ghosh is not alone, seen in the show, is the young next door boy Ruslaan Mumtaz, who debuts on silver screen after his short, unsuccessful stint on celluloid. Although, we havent heard much about his histrionics, but the audience loves his on screen presence, good looks and boyish charmand so they cant help anticipating the chemistry that will brew in between Dhruv aka Ruslaan and Saanchi aka Sangeeta Ghosh in jee le zara.

Other than the star cast, what fails to impress the audience in Do dil.. is the same old ghisa pita story line of the show. Its the same love story of a poor boy falling for a Richie rich girl and the complexities henceforth. Todays audience has already had their share of these lame, mundane love stories through a variety of disappointing films and saas-bahusoaps. They now wish to see stories and characters, which are relatable and have the natural, lived in feel in them.

Hence, in this aspect, jee le zara emerges as a winner. The audience, primarily women, loves the concept of seeing a fiercely strong, independent, self driven single girl, who efficiently manages the fine scale of home and work. Despite her parents sudden demise, she succeeds in sustaining her fathers strawberry farming business in Panchgani and taking care of her younger siblings and grandmothers.

The strong TRPs of Jee le zara over Do dil are a sure shot evidence that our audience is able to associate with the strong story line of the show and has been able to accept it whole heartedly. Watching a strong independent woman is not just inspiring but also leaves several women feeling happy about their happy, single status quo.

The show has definitely garnered a stronger thumps up from the audience compared to do dil bandhe ek dori se. Lets see if the latter is able to come up with something new and more relatable for the audience to enjoy. Until then lets jee le zara!

Share your Views, Reviews, Comments and Suggestions about these shows on Twitter-iDubba and set reminders for your favorite shows on iDubba app.

I dont think that we can compare those 2 shows
i only watch this show so for me this one is the best
Both shows have different storyline and settings. So will not be able to compare them. I however prefer JLZ.
A great show with fresh new start
i hope and wish it to be the best ... :)
I agree with everyone here. Plus I think they should not keep harping about the fact that she is 34. Today I reckon it's normal for women to choose what they want.