Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Name of this TV serial actress - anyone? (Page 3)

DulceTentacion. IF-Sizzlerz
DulceTentacion.
DulceTentacion.

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dexterkilaila

Ahhha! Good old days when women on Indian TV wore jeans and tee just like us normal folks and acted without any histrionics. Kaaahhaaa gaaye woh din.Cry

I don't know her name though Roshan although I think she was there in Kutumb as well...the first one. Didn't watch the second one, it was crap.Pinch

Interesting and weirdly, when you think society will progress, it seems to be going backwards in many ways Ermm Though i know of only show currently which does portray women wearing jeans and tee. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Chameli_billi

Chameli_billi IF-Sizzlerz
Chameli_billi
Chameli_billi

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DulceTentacion.

Ahhha! Good old days when women on Indian TV wore jeans and tee just like us normal folks and acted without any histrionics. Kaaahhaaa gaaye woh din.Cry

I don't know her name though Roshan although I think she was there in Kutumb as well...the first one. Didn't watch the second one, it was crap.Pinch

Interesting and weirdly, when you think society will progress, it seems to be going backwards in many ways Ermm Though i know of only show currently which does portray women wearing jeans and tee. 

Yea that's the f**ked up part.LOL I still can't believe how things have moved backwards instead of forward. Indian TV was highly progressive from early to late 90s. It started regressing in the early 2000s. Sleepy

Really? Which show is that? All I know of from this forum are shows with women dressed up in garish sarees and jewelry with heavy makeup.LOLLOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12RangeelaaBearNaNaDulceTentacion.The-Voiceibelieveinpink

BearNaNa IF-Sizzlerz
BearNaNa
BearNaNa

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
^Watch Jee le jaara in Sony its really good one.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Chameli_billi

The-Voice IF-Sizzlerz
The-Voice
The-Voice

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Ekta had produced this serial called Kavita that ran for two some months. It was surprising to see Smriti Malhotra Irani in an Ekta project without absolutely any make up on. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12DulceTentacion.Chameli_billi-SalShah4eva-

Chameli_billi IF-Sizzlerz
Chameli_billi
Chameli_billi

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Roshan-

Ekta had produced this serial called Kavita that ran for two some months. It was surprising to see Smriti Malhotra Irani in an Ekta project without absolutely any make up on. 

I watched Kavita. Ram Kapoor was actually hot and fit back then. LOLIt was a good show, loosely based on Damini or something...where the maid is raped and Kavita fights for justice. But I think Ekta ruined that one towards the end as well. But yes, that show wasn't a typical Ekta show. Characters dressed up normally and the acting was subtle. 

Originally posted by ddds

^Watch Jee le jaara in Sony its really good one.

Will add to my list. Thanks! Big smile

Ahhha! Good old days when women on Indian TV wore jeans and tee just like us normal folks and acted without any histrionics. Kaaahhaaa gaaye woh din.Cry

I agree! It was also a time when men could watch soaps without being dismissed as womanly or feminine from their female counterparts. LOL Actors were presented in a realistic fashion - no caked-up make-up, no heavy jewelry, and no pretentiousness. The common man could relate himself to these characters. 

Do you remember watching this serial, though? Big smile

Yeah I remember watching the initial episodes. I know it was about two wives who end up moving to the same house after the death of their husband. The camaraderie between the kids and all the fights were interesting.LOL I didn't follow it through to its end though. So no idea what happened. Disapprove

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12DulceTentacion.The-Voice

DulceTentacion.
DulceTentacion.

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 1:05pm | IP Logged

Yea that's the f**ked up part.LOL I still can't believe how things have moved backwards instead of forward. Indian TV was highly progressive from early to late 90s. It started regressing in the early 2000s. Sleepy

Really? Which show is that? All I know of from this forum are shows with women dressed up in garish sarees and jewelry with heavy makeup.LOLLOL

Tell me about it LOL with all these tv shows portraying OTT dress sense and make up, people wonder as to why people are so backwards. TV shows are very influential, and most people are afraid or can't be arsed experimenting. All the shows revolve round the same concepts. Nothing new or whatsoever. Sleepy

Qubool Hai. The female lead is portrayed as a modern muslim girl whose an NRI from USA. The show is kinda boring now though so i wouldn't recommend it to you LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

The-VoiceChameli_billi

DulceTentacion.
DulceTentacion.

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 1:08pm | IP Logged

I think people like to watch the typical fightings, drama, good vs evil type of things hence when a new concept is put forth the show ends up becoming a sinking ship. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

The-VoiceChameli_billi

ibelieveinpink IF-Stunnerz
ibelieveinpink
ibelieveinpink

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 1:28pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by DulceTentacion.

I blame Ekta Kapoor. Dude she basically turned the whole landscape of TV around and then Rajan Shahi made Bidaai and Yeh Rishta...I mean women don't make rotis and clean the house in new, expensive, designer saris, lods of gold and make-up and hair all styled. LOL

I remember the days when shows like Ahaat, Ayushman, Just Mohabbat, Dil Se Dosti were on in the early 2000s and boy do I miss that genre and realism. Parampara was a family drama too but I don't remember it being so OTT. Damn, there used to be such a great variety. That the one show where the girl gets raped and is preggers but then goes into the coma. That was so progressive for that time period. Or Choodiyan and Heena and Yeh Meri Life Hai. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya12DulceTentacion.The-VoiceSunshine797

Go to top