Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Shahid: The Kapoor Ranbir should worry about (Page 7)

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vedant123

Originally posted by vssaras

Originally posted by vedant123

Shahid MIGHT be a good looking guy and also MIGHT be more talented but no where he is competition to Ranbir

Gone are days when he  used to have large forces of girls. Behind him and he was considered to be next thing! Being considered and being competed among new comers shows very fact that in last 10 years he has done nothing! Tab nhi Kiya, an Kya Karega!??

And Anyways he has Los pr Screen Presence... I was just looking and listening to DJ! I was so bored seek g Shahid! Ileana was hot and sexy and was only good thing besides song, Shahid has lost screen personna

LOL!...nobody loses their screen presence...they either have it or they don't..LOL 

Ohk he doesn't have it Tongue

Are you sure?...you are the one who said he lost his "screen presence"..to kabhi to lagha tha..TongueLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TheJake

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
To be honest..I think Shahid is a better actor than Ranbir. 

But we all know acting alone isn't what makes a Star. 

Reason why Ranbir is popular and doing better than Shahid is because Ranbir is smarter. He picks better scripts, films. While Shahid pics boring films. Also, Shahid doesn't have a good screen presence..which works against him. 

Am not saying Ranbir is a bad actor. He's a good actor, and I love Ranbir. But I think Shahid is the better actor. 

I have yet to see a performance of Ranbir where I was like what brilliant acting yaar. Barfi..didn't really think he was that great. He usually just plays himself in all his films...a player lol. Only film I felt he wasn't playing himself was WAS. But his perf in WAS is nothing to rave about. 

While with Shahid..there was maturity in his performance in JWM. Kaminey..he was brilliant..playing two different characters with equal ease. Was shocked to see Shahid in this role because I always saw him as a chocolate hero in commercial films. 

In conclusion, I think Shahid is the better actor because he is more versatile. Ranbir plays the same old Besharam characters in every one of his films. 

Edited by beboholic - 19 August 2013 at 2:05pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

A_la_modevssarasSunoNa..._Darling_TheJakePureBliss

SunoNa... IF-Sizzlerz
SunoNa...
SunoNa...

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
I love both Ranbir and Shahid as actors. Both are good. 
Rabir has better script sense though, he has chosen better movies . 

I find Shahid a better actor, and a more natural one. Sure HWM belonged to Kareena all the way but Shahid left his presence as well, Kameney he was so good at it, Vivah, 36 China town and few more. He has good comic timing as well.. Not sure if i would ever be able to imagine Ranbir in a movie like VivahLOL

I hope Shahid gets success atleast further and chooses good movies. He is a good actor, a good dancer and a looker as well. Have seen him directly, he is such a looker. 

On topic: Dont thing Ranbir needs to worry about anyone, he has made a place for himself in BW. He has shown his versatility and acting skills, he is here to stay for long so why worryLOL
Shahid just needs to stop pissing off everyone, if he changes his attitude he will be back in the game as well . Good luck to him 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vssaras.khoobsurat._Darling_TheJake

kareena05 IF-Dazzler
kareena05
kareena05

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
Shahid Kapoor is a good actor and deserves to be on the top, i wish him the best and hope to see him do a movie with Amrita Rao

vssaras

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -sylph-

I love both Ranbir and Shahid as actors. Both are good. 
Rabir has better script sense though, he has chosen better movies . 

I find Shahid a better actor, and a more natural one. Sure HWM belonged to Kareena all the way but Shahid left his presence as well, Kameney he was so good at it, Vivah, 36 China town and few more. He has good comic timing as well.. Not sure if i would ever be able to imagine Ranbir in a movie like VivahLOL

I hope Shahid gets success atleast further and chooses good movies. He is a good actor, a good dancer and a looker as well. Have seen him directly, he is such a looker. 

On topic: Dont thing Ranbir needs to worry about anyone, he has made a place for himself in BW. He has shown his versatility and acting skills, he is here to stay for long so why worryLOL
Shahid just needs to stop pissing off everyone, if he changes his attitude he will be back in the game as well . Good luck to him 

lol I can't imagine Ranbir in Vivah either. Actually can't imagine Ranbir in JWM either..not because of Kareena being his sister..Ranbir lacks maturity in his performance..and Shahid's role in JWM was mature. Tons of ppl say JWM is bebo's film..but JWM wouldn't be JWM if Shahid wasn't there in the film. I loved both of their performance equally..bebo got the role that ppl noticed more because she had the funny lines. I wanted Shahid to win best actor for JWM but some overrated actor won that year. 

And Shahid cracked me up in 36 China Town. He can be good in comedy. Sometimes he goes OTT but he was good in 36 China Town. 

Edited by beboholic - 19 August 2013 at 2:28pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vssarasSunoNa..._Darling_TheJakePureBliss

guess.wh0 IF-Dazzler
guess.wh0
guess.wh0

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by beboholic

Originally posted by Bossman

A Biased article if there ever was one.

Shahid's last legit hit was JWM in 2007, 6 years ago. None of the new actors had even debuted then. What Crowd puller?
Ranbir Kapoor isn't loosing sleep over anyone but if he should be worried about someone its probably Arjun Kapoor. Followed by Ranveer and Imran. Shahid is a notch below with the SOTY guys, Ayushman, ARK.
The guys been in the industry almost 10 years and is still being compared to newcomers, that doesn't give me too much confidence in his abilities. If he couldn't do it until now, he's never going to do it.
His contemporaries are Abhay and Emraan. While Abhay has carved out a nice niche fanclub, Emraan is the new hero of the masses. None of the three will ever be superstars, including Shahid.

totally agree..well said. But wasn't Shahid's last hit Kaminey? Not that it makes any difference since Kaminey is ages ago as well. LOL

Kaminey was an average grosser.

Today everybody talks about the 100 cr club. Shahid is yet to enter the 50 cr club.LOL

Even guys like Abhishek and Imran have solo films that are 50+ grossers. So once again I ask, what star power?

.khoobsurat.

NoThanks IF-Rockerz
NoThanks
NoThanks

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 2:38pm | IP Logged

.khoobsurat.

TheJake IF-Sizzlerz
TheJake
TheJake

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 3:20pm | IP Logged

I think --- the problem with this forum is ... What I have noticed ... everyone's opinion is based on what's happening this very moment or very much biased. I doubt I have ever seen neutral comments on this Forum.

I doubt Taran and that box office editor were thinking about this Forums 2% population while giving their opinions.

I wonder if people would have been busy saying the same thing if RK never gave the hits he gave these past few years.

Ladies, Gents ... if Shahid had no screen presence and he's no better than Ranbir ... then ask yourselves ... why would he STILL be here today after doing so bad in his career? Why would producers waste their money on him? It's not like he is a member of one of Bollywood first families ... that producers have no choice but to waste their money and keep on grooming.

Alll I will say is ... people are definitely under estimating Shahid, just cause his luck wasn't with him when Mausam/TMK came out. Only time will tell.

By the way, I'm not getting when people say Shahid got no screen presence. Doesn't it normally depend on who you like to watch on screen and who you don't? LOL 

Edited by TheJake - 19 August 2013 at 3:21pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sabra_alivssaras.khoobsurat.

Go to top