Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

~*Sushant's Bollywood Journey*~ #14 (Page 66)

bonnefille IF-Rockerz
bonnefille
bonnefille

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 8:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by luvsushita23

http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/festival/2013/shuddhdesiromance
more about SDR at TIFF!!

there will be 3 screenings!!

Synopsis from site-
From the writer of Chak De! India and the director of Band Baaja Baaraat comes a modern desi love story.

No country's cinema has more thoroughly plumbed the complications of love than India's, so it's surprising that there can be anything new to say. And yet Maneesh Sharma's Shuddh Desi Romance feels remarkably fresh. In fact, for anyone raised on Bollywood's classic love stories, this contemporary take may prove delightfully shocking.

It begins with Gayatri, played by charismatic rising star Parineeti Chopra. An entirely modern woman, she has a particularly skeptical perspective on love and marriage. That may be because of her unusual work experience: she is occasionally paid to be a wedding guest, hired by families wishing to inflate the number of attendees for the sake of appearances.

At one ceremony she meets Raghu (Sushant Singh Rajput); the two will be performing the roles of distant relations. Matching each other quip for quip like lovers in a screwball comedy, they soon find themselves romantically entangled. But because each is so sure they're too smart for an old-fashioned courtship, their love story takes startling, unconventional turns.

Sharma, the director of Band Baaja Baaraat, builds a classic love triangle among Raghu, Gayatri and rival Tara (Vaani Kapoor) but keeps shifting the balance. Drawing charming, natural performances from Chopra, Rajput, and Kapoor, he sets the tale against gorgeous Jaipur locations, and peppers the film with engaging supporting players (legendary actor Rishi Kapoor is delightful as a moustachioed villain).

Festival 2012's City to City spotlight on Mumbai revealed new daring in that city's independent filmmakers. That energy has clearly proven infectious. A film like Shuddh Desi Romance, made to entertain a wide audience with its vibrant romance and music, still finds ways to question the old conventions, and reflect the changing nature of relationships in India today.

The storyline is interesting and different from the usual stuff. Looking forward to September 6. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

JaishankarMinion23-Swetha-

Minion23 IF-Sizzlerz
Minion23
Minion23

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Bonne based on promos so far i think there is a good balance. I dont see any one character sticking out more than the others
Promotions wise i think its because of Sushant falling sick that one day and again he missed yesterday day because Nitasha tweeted he was busy with something else...

He was also supposed to have a live chat today SDR had even tweeted about it but guess it got postponed for some reason Confused i hope it still happens!! 

Jaishankarbonnefille-Swetha-

HitchHiker_ IF-Stunnerz
HitchHiker_
HitchHiker_

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 8:53am | IP Logged
Compilation of Sushant's weekend appearances -

The Front Row - Fri -  8:30 PM - Star world
Star Verdict - Sat - 7:30 - Star Plus
Dance India Dance - Sat - 9 PM - Zee
Comedy Nights With Kapil - Sat - 10:00 PM - Colors
Komal's show - ETC - ???? - 8:30 PM

Edited by shweta_r - 29 August 2013 at 9:07am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Sahana-Jaishankarlunzaishika_sushitabonnefilleMinion23ChannaMereya-Swetha-

HitchHiker_ IF-Stunnerz
HitchHiker_
HitchHiker_

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bonnefille

I really do not want SDR to be similar to Cocktail where the heroine's character is more important than the hero's. A balance between all three characters would be most ideal. Saying this only because I feel Parineeti is being given maximum importance in the promotions, but that could also be because Sushant is a recluse. 

I think it is well balanced. Parineeti is the senior most and most vociferous amongst the three and therefore seems to be most prominent...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bonnefille-Swetha-

ProudSushantian IF-Sizzlerz
ProudSushantian
ProudSushantian

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 9:57am | IP Logged
Thanks Anu for sharing the articles.

bonnefilleMinion23-Swetha-

ChannaMereya IF-Stunnerz
ChannaMereya
ChannaMereya

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
thank u for all articles

Jaishankarbonnefille-Swetha-

Piyatrix IF-Sizzlerz
Piyatrix
Piyatrix

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
I am unsure about the Ashutosh Gowarikar project, I loved JodhaAkbar, one of my all tym fav, but dint like any of his other films, his films could go either way, a real gem or total trash Ermm also the man has lost touch in recent past with a few articles floating around about his temper, script sense, pissing off producers ect ... lets see, the film is based on Mohenjodaro Harappa civilisation?! , could be a multicast hope Sushant makes the right choice.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Sahana-bonnefilleHitchHiker_-Swetha-

ChannaMereya IF-Stunnerz
ChannaMereya
ChannaMereya

Posted: 29 August 2013 at 12:28pm | IP Logged

Promotions not tiring: Parineeti Chopra

IANS | Aug 29, 2013, 03.29 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
Promotions not tiring: Parineeti Chopra
Parineeti Chopra More Pics
The leading cast of 'Shuddh Desi Romance', Parineeti Chopra and Sushant Singh Rajput, feel that promotion is as important as the film itself. 

"Promotions are as much part of the film as any other thing. Not tiring at all, very exciting," said Parineeti. Sushant feels if a good film is made, then the audiences should be told about it. 

"When we make a good film, then we want to tell everyone and want them to watch the film. So I feel promotions are as important as film," said Sushant, who made his debut with hit movie Kai Po Che! this year. 

Produced under the Yash Raj Films banner, the film is directed by Maneesh Sharma and is set for a release Sep 6. It also stars Vaani Kapoor.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Sahana-Jaishankarbonnefillelunza-Swetha-

Go to top