Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

~*Sushant's Bollywood Journey*~ #14 (Page 34)

fansush IF-Sizzlerz
fansush
fansush

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 2:09am | IP Logged
thnku so much evryone for all the updates...!

oh, sushant !  do take care of urself...
1st anki n now sushant ...both need nazar utarofying...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Jaishankarmajoni03HitchHiker_

Luvsushanki IF-Dazzler
Luvsushanki
Luvsushanki

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 2:40am | IP Logged
oh he gets well soon
majoni03 IF-Sizzlerz
majoni03
majoni03

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

majoni03 IF-Sizzlerz
majoni03
majoni03

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 5:06am | IP Logged

Rage called Rajput

SUSHANT SINGH RAJPUT ON PLAYING THE €˜CONFUSED€™ RAGHU IN SHUDDH DESI ROMANCE AND WHY HE WON€™T PAY HEED IF YOU CALL HIM €˜THE NEXT BIG THING€™

He€™s been holed up for three days in this one room at the corporate office of Yash Raj Studios in Andheri, giving one interview after the other. Coffee and cigarettes €" one after every three interviews €" have kept him going. No wonder Sushant Singh Rajput, that Kai Po Che! showstopper, looked tired to begin with but then his eyes lit up as he talked about his glorious new innings in Bollywood, where he is working with everyone from Abhishek Kapoor to Maneesh Sharma to Rajkumar Hirani to Dibakar Banerjee.

Not used to giving so many interviews?

Now getting used to it.

But the questions must be the same?

They are!

Your answers are different?

I try to make them different but I can€™t improvise if they ask me my name. It€™s got to be Sushant Singh Rajput!

The adulation you got from TV and now the adulation from films, do you find any difference in the two?

I think it€™s too early to compare. I have just started out in films. Only Kai Po Che! has released. TV I have done for quite some time. And while I get excited about positive feedback, I am consciously trying to be immune to adulation and criticism. If there€™s some constructive observation, I will take note. But if you call me €˜the next big thing€™, I would not pay heed to it.

So you€™re saying life€™s not changed much post-Kai Po Che!?

I can€™t tell you about fan following and adulation and all that but yes, I am getting to work with very good filmmakers. To be able to work with a Rajkumar Hirani, Dibakar Banerjee and Maneesh Sharma within one year of my debut is a big thing. I have been acting for seven years and this has certainly been the best year for me. And not because it€™s films, but because of the kind of films.

Do you think the approach to a character in a film is different from the approach to a character on TV?

No. I think from an actor€™s perspective, it€™s not. The process you have to undergo to understand the character you are playing is the same. You have to try and figure out what similarities you have with the character and then there€™s a whole list of dissimilarities to work upon. You do research, you invent a background, you ask your director... just to believe that you have the right to be that character. That blend is your interpretation of the character. This process has got nothing to do with the medium. Whether it€™s TV or theatre or films, you have to be true to yourself, true to your text, true to your co-actors, true to your audience. Yes, there is a slight fundamental difference between TV and films in how you present that character.

But TV€™s characters change every day, depending on the TRP...

That€™s why it is tough for an actor to convince himself. It€™s one of the main reasons I quit TV after a certain point of time because I didn€™t know what to do. There€™s nothing I was learning there. I have nothing against TV... something against the particular show after a certain point of time.

Do you think there€™s still a step-motherly attitude in the film industry for TV actors?

Yes! Maybe because not all content on TV is that good. Also, we have that mindset €" TV actor and film actor. There€™s no such demarcation in Hollywood. There the best of actors from Daniel Day Lewis to Ryan Gosling have started out with TV or gone back to TV.

Does your approach to your character change depending on the director? From a Rajkumar Hirani to a Dibakar Banerjee to a Maneesh Sharma...

There is one similarity €" they are so clear about what they want to say through the story. They understand the aroma of every scene. And they have the faith in their actors to explore on their own and to improvise. They are open even though the perimeters are very sorted out.

Before doing TV, you did a dance course with Shiamak Davar, acting courses with Barry John and Nadira Babbar, directed your own short films. Were you consciously preparing yourself to be a Bollywood hero?

No, all that training is all coming together now. Nothing was planned. My reason for shifting my career from engineering to performing arts was a very strange one. Not to become famous or rich. I was very shy. I still am. There is an inability to express myself in front of strangers. That shyness was very painful. And when I started off with Shiamak, he told me to go for theatre. When I started performing in front of the audience, I had to bring out my vulnerable side and my private side to portray my character truthfully. When I could do it convincingly, that release was very liberating. And very magical... To make people believe you are someone else is very powerful. And then you want to do it again and again.

What is your understanding of the character in Maneesh Sharma€™s Shuddh Desi Romance?

Raghu is otherwise very sorted in life but he gets confused when it comes to relationships and the ideas about marriage and love. The conflicts that he has, I think, everyone who is in a relationship would have. But then he is very vocal about it. He wants to be very clear about whether it€™s love or infatuation. I can say that while I am not like Raghu I can totally identify with what he is going through.

If you are being tagged as the next big thing, so is Parineeti Chopra. What did you make of her as a co-actor?

She€™s very spontaneous and when you get to work with an actor like that, all you need to do is react. You€™re aware that even if you try and improvise in between, she€™s alert and smart enough to react on those improvisations. So the chemistry that you€™ll see or we felt was very organic.

You are Dibakar€™s Byomkesh Bakshi. You are Bollywood€™s Byomkesh Bakshi. What€™s the biggest challenge to play that part?

Expectations of Dibakar! There€™s so much clarity that he has about the film, about the character and what he expects from me. Also, I was having these conversations with regular families in Calcutta and they were so excited. They all have a personal stake in Byomkesh! So, it€™s a huge responsibility not to disappoint anyone.

Are you aware of the other Byomkesh films?

I have seen Uttam Kumar€™s film (Chiriyakhana). Also the TV version (with Rajit Kapur).

How are you preparing for it?

I have taken three months off after the release of Shuddh Desi Romance. There will be a very drastic physical change. Let€™s just say I will do everything possible to make each and every Byomkesh fan believe that I am Byomkesh Bakshi!

And how was the Peekay experience with Aamir Khan?

Well, Aamir, after having worked for so long in the industry, he starts from scratch for every film and he is so inquisitive about everything around him. The passion he has is very infectious. He is very inspiring.

Will you ever go back to TV?

It all depends on what kind of roles I am getting. If I continue to get to work with the kind of directors I am working now, I am here to stay. Otherwise I may go back to TV or maybe open my own theatre company.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Jaishankarlunzaishika_sushitafansushProudSushantianMinion23TanyazHitchHiker_-Swetha-

ProudSushantian IF-Sizzlerz
ProudSushantian
ProudSushantian

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 5:57am | IP Logged
@KapilSharma_FC

Kapil Sharma @KapilSharmaK9
2h
Today shooting one more rocking episode wid pariniti Chopra n sushant Singh rajpoot..love u all.@comedynightsK9

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ishika_sushitalunzaMinion23TanyazHitchHiker_-Swetha-

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 6:07am | IP Logged
(credit: love_struck)

Survey finds Sushant Singh Rajput-Parineeti Chopra starrer Desi Romance pretty Shuddh

PRIYANKA SRIVASTAVA   |   MAIL TODAY  |   NEW DELHI, AUGUST 23, 2013 | UPDATED 12:15 IST
To create a buzz about the upcoming romantic comedy Shuddh Desi Romance, Yashraj Productions along with Ormax Media conducted a survey on the love life of youth in smaller cities across the country.

The survey 'Shuddh Desi India Ki Romantic Soch' revealed some startling facts about the changing mindset of the youngsters living in the hinterland. Samples were taken from 40 cities, including Aurangabad, Ahmadabad, Indore, Kota, Jaipur and Visakhapatnam, to get insight into issues such as relationship, commitment, marriage and pre-marital sex.

The survey, conducted among 5,000 youngsters, is in sync with the theme of the film which is about love and live-in relationship. The film stars Sushant Singh Rajput, Parineeti Chopra, Rishi Kapoor and newcomer Vani Kapoor.

Writer Jaideep Sahni also gave his inputs on the basis of his observations, which revealed a major clash between the opinions of the youngster vis-a-vis their parents. Indians still have mixed views about live-in relationships as 68 per cent of youngsters believed live-in relationships were born out of lust, while 72 per cent believed that live-in relationships fail and end in break-ups.

Fifty-two per cent of the young men were looking for a chance to explore a live-in scenario, while only 36 per cent of women agreed to it. Almost 80 per cent of the parents believe that those in a live-in relationship have 'loose characters'. As many as 50 per cent men believe that girls above 18 who are still virgins are old-fashioned, but, only 33 per cent young women agreed with it.

According to the study, 89 per cent of parents believe sex before marriage is unacceptable while 51 per cent of the youth disagreed with them. Smaller cities are opening up to the issue of virginity as 45 per cent of young men are open to marrying a non-virgin, while 82 per cent of parents were opposed to the decision.

Indian men have a regressive view on women as 75 per cent of them feel that girls who wear revealing clothes encourage eve-teasing and rape, while 41 per cent of women agreed with them. In case of an unplanned pregnancy out of wedlock, 22 per cent young men preferred an abortion, while only 2 per cent women considered it as an option. Seventy three per cent men believe women who smoke lack good values and five per cent even compared them to prostitutes.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

JaishankarProudSushantianMinion23Tanyaz-Swetha-

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 6:47am | IP Logged
Typhoid .. again? ... that sucks.. Unhappy
Get well soon Sushant!! Take care...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ProudSushantianMinion23-Swetha-

Minion23 IF-Sizzlerz
Minion23
Minion23

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Parineeti Chopra and Sushant Singh Rajput on Indian Idol Junior
The romance will be in the air as the vibratious Parineeti Chopra along with Sushant Singh Rajput will make an appearance on the show to promote their upcoming movie €˜Shudh Desi Romance€™. Indian Idol Juniors are excited to meet both the actors. Watch them all humming some melodious numbers. Amidst all the musical madness and fun, the episode will also see the elimination round. One among the juniors will be eliminated and the show will get its Top 4 finalists.
Watch Indian Idol Junior with Shudh Desi Romance on Sunday, 25th August, 8:30 pm only on Sony Entertainment Television

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Jaishankarishika_sushitamajoni03ProudSushantianHitchHiker_-Swetha-

Go to top