India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

PavitraRishta-reflection of Culture&Family:Mod note P3

serialcraze Groupbie
serialcraze
serialcraze

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
I never had a problem with Arjun-Purvi marriage, but there is no way I can support their wedding given  the situation. I understand Arvi is a popular couple with lots of fans and the couple have really good chemistry. Their romance makes TRPs go off the top. But if the CVs had all along planned to unite the couple they should have never showed Arjun-Ovi marriage, Ovi pregnant and having a still born. I don't think any parents would happily get their daughter married to their other daughter's ex husband whatever the history is. The most sickening is the fact that both sisters were pregnant with the same guys child. And the sister whose child survived got the man at the end and the family whole heartedly supported them. With high TRPs I believe Indian audience not only accepted the storyline, they are enjoying every bit of it and would probably do the same within their families. I am not Indian and I got to know about Indian culture only through movies and serials. If Pavitra Rishta is what Indian Culture is
about then I am very happy that I was not raised with Indian cultural values.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

onam_lifersshreepari-kirloskarcs-07ShaktifanSwatiafreenaamna

relentless. IF-Stunnerz
relentless.
relentless.

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
Why are you even relating a serial with Indian cultural values?

It's fiction, remember!?! I just don't get it why people start relating real life with a fiction based show LOL

See I'm not being rude but your last line is going to be taken as an offence. I'm born and brought up in India and its rich culture. Sorry but not hearing a word against my country and its values taught to me.

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

lexusdevilRashmi31rsshreejessiejaydiana72soniiyaapaagal_JShivPancham101.Peeves.aathya-LiveLaughLove-soapwatcher1peachesnplumsHuma-ashfaque2012pallavi25

-LiveLaughLove- IF-Rockerz
-LiveLaughLove-
-LiveLaughLove-

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 8:19pm | IP Logged
Wow before generalizing about Indian Culture remember this is FICTION and a SOAP made by EKTA KAPOOR.
People watch these shows for entertainment not to get values and learn about other cultures generally.
The type of situations shown in soaps are unrealistic and would most likely never happen in real life whether your indian or not.
Fiction serials do not define a culture. I'm very proud to be an Indian.

Edited by -LiveLaughLove- - 18 August 2013 at 8:19pm

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

lexusdevilRashmi31jessiejaydiana72soniiyaapaagal_JShivPancham101soapwatcher1MidnightRambler.Peeves.aathyapeachesnplumsHuma-ashfaque2012pallavi25relentless.

relentless. IF-Stunnerz
relentless.
relentless.

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
Absolutely proud to be Indian. Thanks to the good god that serials are only serials. Not my world Dead

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

lexusdevilRashmi31kandykandypaagal_JShivaathyasoapwatcher1peachesnplumsHuma-ashfaque2012

MidnightRambler IF-Rockerz
MidnightRambler
MidnightRambler

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Hi serialcraze, I understand what you're saying about what the show is saying.

However, I think you're being unfair to the Indian culture and people by generalizing them completely due to ONE show.

I am not a fan of a lot of what has happened on the show and I do share many of your opinions (about the show only, of course).

However, let's just leave this serial to be what it merely is...a TV serial. India is a diverse country, filled with culture, traditions, so many different types of people. I am not Indian but I am definitely not going to use this show to learn about and form an opinion about the Indian culture.

TV shows, movies, other types of entertainment are not accurate ways to learn about a culture. They are just entertainment.

Edited by ChemistryMajor - 18 August 2013 at 8:30pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

diana72soniiyaacs-07soapwatcher1.Peeves.

MidnightRambler IF-Rockerz
MidnightRambler
MidnightRambler

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -LiveLaughLove-

Wow before generalizing about Indian Culture remember this is FICTION and a SOAP made by EKTA KAPOOR.
People watch these shows for entertainment not to get values and learn about other cultures generally.
The type of situations shown in soaps are unrealistic and would most likely never happen in real life whether your indian or not.
Fiction serials do not define a culture. I'm very proud to be an Indian.

Yes, completely agree with you.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

soapwatcher1

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by serialcraze

I never had a problem with Arjun-Purvi marriage, but there is no way I can support their wedding given  the situation. I understand Arvi is a popular couple with lots of fans and the couple have really good chemistry. Their romance makes TRPs go off the top. But if the CVs had all along planned to unite the couple they should have never showed Arjun-Ovi marriage, Ovi pregnant and having a still born. I don't think any parents would happily get their daughter married to their other daughter's ex husband whatever the history is. The most sickening is the fact that both sisters were pregnant with the same guys child. And the sister whose child survived got the man at the end and the family whole heartedly supported them. With high TRPs I believe Indian audience not only accepted the storyline, they are enjoying every bit of it and would probably do the same within their families. I am not Indian and I got to know about Indian culture only through movies and serials. If Pavitra Rishta is what Indian Culture is
about then I am very happy that I was not raised with Indian cultural values.

@ bold, could be construed as offensive. 

Please remember this is just aTV show. It is like saying daily soaps such as Dallas and The Young & the Restless reflected society in the US or even sitcoms like Friends or How I Met Your Mother or The Office is how life is carried on here.  While we enjoy The Office, I am sure most of us work in organizations that will not tolerate anything remotely akin to the lackadaisical work ethics of that show. 

So please a friendly request to not equate Indian culture and values with what is shown on this time pass show.

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

lexusdevilRashmi31diana72JShivPancham101paagal_aathyaMidnightRambler.Peeves.afreenaamnaHuma-peachesnplumsrelentless.pallavi25ashfaque2012

ShaktifanSwati IF-Rockerz
ShaktifanSwati
ShaktifanSwati

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
I'm agree with u TM...m indian...n i hv strong objection against lyk dis show...bcs dey started show under Indian culture name...n den parted away very rudely...if dey want to jst entertainment...so dey hv no right to use indian culture n values...why dey using...Indian marriage institute...Sanskaar...bhalaaiii...sacrifice...pure love...husband-wiife, mother-daughter, mother-son, father-daughter, father-son, bro-sis, pure freindship ect ect...relation which related indian culture n values...

yes m proud to be indian...bt wen pavitra rishta lyk other show which use indian culture n values...potraying Indian culture n values wrongly...dey create huge humilation for indians...m feel very bad n agree on dem...dey no ri8 to call dem indian show...dey prove dat show jst good for nothing...dey create misunderstanding btw Indian-non Indian...

i agree with ur each n every point of view...bt kinda feel bad wen i read lyk dis post of non-Indian ...what non-Indian feel n understand abt India n Indian culture / Indian golden values...n dey stated jst lyk u stated...u r very happy to not raise u with indian values...its really shamefull n big humilation for India n each n every Indians bcs of jst pathetic n disgusted show lyk pavitra rishta n other tv show which telecast under indian culture n values...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

onirfanscs-07

Go to top