Mythological Masti

India-Forums

   
Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

Lord krishna--real hero or villain of mahabharat?? (Page 3)

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Joined: 17 July 2006
Posts: 2961

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Vrish,
Yes, Krishna's non participation in the war is debate worthy, especially keeping his family out of it. But the point I was trying to emphasize here why Krishna can be regarded as a hero (which was what the original poster asked)- despite his actions on the field. Without bringing the Dharma- Adharma context or justifying everything Krishna did, by simply saying that he was God and hence above questioning.




The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

srishtisingh.Vrish...RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Joined: 20 August 2008
Posts: 59041

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 6:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

Vrish,
Yes, Krishna's non participation in the war is debate worthy, especially keeping his family out of it. But the point I was trying to emphasize here why Krishna can be regarded as a hero (which was what the original poster asked)- despite his actions on the field. Without bringing the Dharma- Adharma context or justifying everything Krishna did, by simply saying that he was God and hence above questioning.
 
Absolutely! At the end of the day, no matter how much we may debate and believe, God is above questioning. We humans are nothing compared to God and we will never have enough knowledge to comprehend his leelas. We simply cannot question what God did and term it as "right" or "wrong" based on our limited human knowledge. God is limitless. He is above right and wrong. He does everything for the greater good, and while some of his actions may be unacceptable coming from humans, it is completely acceptable coming from God.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

K__Sdebasree04

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Joined: 17 July 2006
Posts: 2961

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
Actually Janaki - no. I was trying to analyze how Krishna can be considered a hero, even without bringing his divine status in consideration. As a human being - but extraordinarily talented.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpchandana123.Vrish.debasree04VasusenaRadheya..RamKiJanaki..

Andromeda001 IF-Sizzlerz
Andromeda001
Andromeda001

Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 14039

Posted: 02 September 2013 at 12:32am | IP Logged
Those who consider Sri Krishna as Villian of Mahabharata MUST READ BHAGAWAD GITA which is also a part of Battle of Mahabharata!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cherrycoolldebasree04..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Joined: 20 August 2008
Posts: 59041

Posted: 02 September 2013 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

Actually Janaki - no. I was trying to analyze how Krishna can be considered a hero, even without bringing his divine status in consideration. As a human being - but extraordinarily talented.


Ohh ok, well either way, as human or God, he is unquestionable. Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

debasree04

sonanai Senior Member
sonanai
sonanai

Joined: 07 July 2011
Posts: 241

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 7:23am | IP Logged
Apart from Duryodhana, all were fighting for dharma :

Bheeshma : He wanted pandava to win and dharma to establish, he told pandavas the secret of his death.

Drona : He submits to his weaknesses only to make pandavas win.

Karna : He had the opportunity to go with pandavas and be the king of hastinapur and share panchali, but still he sticks with duryodhana, not only because he was devoted friend of duryodhana also he knew that as pandava will win the war and knowing that he is the elder son of kunti, yudhisthira will give the kingdom to Karna, and karna out of his duty towards his friend will give the kingdom to duryodhana, which he was not willing to. As he knew that yudhishthira is only the person who is rightful to become king..

All knew krishna was a god and thus respected his decision. Even dhritarashtra told that the war is between Krishna and his desires...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Surya_krsnbhaktVasusenaRadheya

debasree04 IF-Sizzlerz
debasree04
debasree04

Joined: 13 August 2010
Posts: 19986

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonanai

Apart from Duryodhana, all were fighting for dharma :

Bheeshma : He wanted pandava to win and dharma to establish, he told pandavas the secret of his death.

Drona : He submits to his weaknesses only to make pandavas win.

Karna : He had the opportunity to go with pandavas and be the king of hastinapur and share panchali, but still he sticks with duryodhana, not only because he was devoted friend of duryodhana also he knew that as pandava will win the war and knowing that he is the elder son of kunti, yudhisthira will give the kingdom to Karna, and karna out of his duty towards his friend will give the kingdom to duryodhana, which he was not willing to. As he knew that yudhishthira is only the person who is rightful to become king..

All knew krishna was a god and thus respected his decision. Even dhritarashtra told that the war is between Krishna and his desires...

I dnt think Panchali is a thing which anyone can share...Karna of course would be the king of hastinapur but certainly not husband of Panchali...
.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Joined: 25 October 2008
Posts: 26250

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
Drona did not submit to any weakness - he had the same weakness for his son that Dhritarashtra had.  He taught Ashwatthama all sorts of weapons that the latter didn't deserve.  He genuinely believed what Yudhisthir told him - no one else, not even Arjun, could have convinced him that.  Drona was as evil as the rulers he was supporting - Dhritarashtra & Duryodhan.

On the above, one of the things Krishna offered Karna when he met him was that if he joined the Pandavas, Panchali would marry him as well and have his son as well.  Karna of course declined, saying that he regretted how he had insulted her in that sabha.


Edited by .Vrish. - 04 September 2013 at 11:52pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anu rulzVasusenaRadheya

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Lord Rama had 1 sister ????????!!!

Author: Proud-India   Replies: 7   Views: 581

Proud-India 7 581 17 March 2014 at 4:56pm by ..RamKiJanaki..
TV show on Lord Buddha-Discussion

2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Author: .Samrata.   Replies: 56   Views: 4353

.Samrata. 56 4353 10 September 2013 at 2:26am by FrozenRain
Hanuman's meeting with His Lord in Dawapar Yug

Author: krsna17   Replies: 0   Views: 415

krsna17 0 415 27 August 2013 at 6:13am by krsna17
Lord Rama, Valmiki, Luv-Kush

2

Author: varaali   Replies: 11   Views: 2849

varaali 11 2849 15 April 2013 at 3:36pm by RJ1234
Radha as Krishna and Krishna as Radha

2 3

Author: ..RamKiJanaki..   Replies: 17   Views: 8922

..RamKiJanaki.. 17 8922 29 January 2011 at 8:57am by ...PARiNA...

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index