India-Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai
Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Getting back to BALH

maverick53 Newbie
maverick53
maverick53

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 3:46pm | IP Logged

Have just got back to BALH after virtually months. There are so many changes, and had to catch up on the latest with a a few WUPs.

This doesn't look too good. How long can it last?

Priya is no longer the  girl next-door: she looks like a somewhat tired,  typical middle-aged mom on the verge of growing fat, although she  still wears blouses meant for someone half her age.

Pihu is a lumpy, sullen-looking young woman, with a wooden expression;  she has obviously made the wrong career choice in opting for acting.

Khush could be the younger brother of the second version of  Karthik; unattractive.

All the other young men are gawky and awkward and have no personal charm. 

RK is RK - predictably natural.

The twins are fun but right now it seems a bit contrived .

How long can it last?

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

chowdhury27ROSHAN73RghtMndLftBrainsahana747Ramdeewani

pink27 Senior Member
pink27
pink27

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
You dnt worry abt how long BALH wld last...

thank you for your review.respected.

In my opinion.BALH is doing well post leap.and RaYa are looking more fresh and romantic than before.

Yes the actor khush needs to be repalced..

But all in all the show does look interesting and i am watching!!

THis seems to be your first post in the forum..So welcome..Wld hv wished if you had joined the forum and commented,when you used to watch the show..and if at all you ever liked it!

but i dnt see you commenting on this forum,coz i presume now you no longer wld watch it as you have NOT liked it .Smile

Edited by pink27 - 18 August 2013 at 11:40pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

maverick53ROSHAN73dilini2lovelysakshi

lovelysakshi IF-Sizzlerz
lovelysakshi
lovelysakshi

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
please don't come up with negativityConfused

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

maverick53ROSHAN73

maverick53 Newbie
maverick53
maverick53

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 1:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pink27

You dnt worry abt how long BALH wld last...

thank you for your review.respected.

In my opinion.BALH is doing well post leap.and RaYa are looking more fresh and romantic than before.

Yes the actor khush needs to be repalced..

But all in all the show does look interesting and i am watching!!

THis seems to be your first post in the forum..So welcome..Wld hv wished if you had joined the forum and commented,when you used to watch the show..and if at all you ever liked it!

but i dnt see you commenting on this forum,coz i presume now you no longer wld watch it as you have NOT liked it .Smile

Thanks for the welcome.
I saw the show first during a visit to India over a year ago and the main actors seemed so realistic, I was hooked. I then went on to watch from the start on You Tube and was mighty impressed.

The story upto, and including, the Holi Day episode (after the first love-making scene)  was / is an absolute winner. A little bit of editing here and there would rank it among the international bests in soaps. 

I live abroad and meet people from all over the world, and I feel strongly that many people in the  rest of the world (not just Indian immigrants) would have loved a well-edited, subtitled, weekly dose of Ram and Priya  on their TV screens -  from Austria and Azerbaijan to New Zealand and Zambia.  There is an interest in authentic India, and I am sad that such serials are not being used to promote Indian TV.

I understand, of course, that Ekta must have her own priorities particularly as she has to bring out episode after episode within such a short time; so, I guess she is doing well in playing to the rules of the TV market in India. As a world viewer, however, I wish for  better international recognition for her best.

But the best has sunk so low now.

Sorry if my post gave you the impression that I dislike BALH - I just can't relate to it any more although I loved the first part of the story so much.

Edited by maverick53 - 19 August 2013 at 1:49am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RghtMndLftBrain

vm2002 Senior Member
vm2002
vm2002

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 3:37am | IP Logged
Welcome to the forum.  I am bit confused  after reading both your posts, its bit contradicting.  Wondering  whether  you dislike the characters/their appearance/blouse  style/ acting etc  or whether you  dislike the story line /  editing & absence of  sub titles& Promotion.

With reference to this
I live abroad and meet people from all over the world, and I feel strongly that many people in the  rest of the world (not just Indian immigrants) would have loved a well-edited, subtitled, weekly dose of Ram and Priya  on their TV screens -  from Austria and Azerbaijan to New Zealand and Zambia.  There is an interest in authentic India, and I am sad that such serials are not being used to promote Indian TV-   Going by this statement dO you really think Priya's  blouse style  will  matter  to them ?

maverick53

maverick53 Newbie
maverick53
maverick53

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 4:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vm2002

Going by this statement dO you really think Priya's  blouse style  will  matter  to them ?

Priya's blouse style is not the main issue - but it is a side issue to the extent that it  suggests that the soap, having run out of gas, has to keep its viewers with this kind of thing - manipulating star-struck viewers with glamorous pictures, etc., etc.

There is no contradiction between the posts: what was attractive (wit, humour, naturalness, and a certain freshness) in the past has been replaced by "attractive" things like her blouse, which is really quite odd under the circumstance.

To get to what is universally appealing, BALH has to go back to odd, funny, witty interactions and word-play, and small but unexpected details.
Now there are schemes, ruses, contrived situations.

AS FOR PROMOTIONS - ONLY THE FIRST BIT OF BALH  I SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED. Not the rest of it .

Edited by maverick53 - 19 August 2013 at 4:13am

RghtMndLftBrain

aditi_34 Goldie
aditi_34
aditi_34

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 5:27am | IP Logged
Hey there
well,like many even my views differ from yours..
I personally,like Priya's new look post leap.She looks elegant and classy.Also,per me,she is nt suppose to luk lyk d gal next door Priya Sharma.C'mon,she has been long married to a biz magnate.
Also,many of us know that the actress gained weight(for realistic portrayal) for the Pregnancy track.The storyline might hav jumped down years ahead,but in real time,the actress would need time to get back in shape.Also,the flab didnt show much.
Now,about Aanchal Munjal,the new Pihu.Agree,the gal lacks brilliance.But she is not way too bad either.I wont be unfair to her and take some time to form an opinion there.TBH,i liked her scenes wid PRK and Sammy.
aditi_34 Goldie
aditi_34
aditi_34

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 5:41am | IP Logged
The actor playing Khush is miserably bad.Nothing less than a replacement would work there.
By the other men,i guess you only meant Sammy.Well,i dont have an issue there too.
After 2+years of show,I'm quite satisfied with the story line. CVs have managed to keep grossness at remarkably at low level when compared to other urban,long running shows.
Personally,in the period between July 2012 to July 2013 (Season 2),the episodes from January to May 31 and the last one month bfore gen leap,were my favourite.O'course,the original story is long over(with consummation).Also the story of reunion of separated lovers and dat dat of a married couple taking up challenges of life together is over.
Past has been an awesome and a very satisfying journey.I'm quite sure,future wont be disappointing as well.:-)

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top