Jhalak Dikhhlaa Jaa Season 6

Lauren Punit- Who is choreographing whom?

stardust2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
This is Punit's third season in JDJ.
In season 4 he was paired with anushka n unfortunately got eliminated in the start. We never got to see what the pair could do.
Last season he had shobani has his partner, who was one of the best amongst the girls next to Isha and wild card. But we did not see punit extract her best. Apart from 1 or 2 performances, none of hem were memorable. Punit did more of hip hop n bollywood styles last season with no concept or story. Only contemparary was the 'abhi mujh mein kahin' which ndoubtedly was their best performance.

And suddenly this season he is coming up with concepts n storylines and amazing choreography which makes me wonder if Lauren is also putting some efforts in the choreograpghy department...😕
All their dance styles have been international which i know is lauren's forte... The time they did Broadway Jazz, i felt it was completely choreographed by her. 

I may be wrong and taking away from punit's true potential but can't help it when i think of his performances last season. 😲

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I don't understand how this was a theory few weeks ago and now everyone is acting like it is a fact. Punit's strength as a dancer IS in contemporary although he does a lot of hip hop, and so is Lauren's. Punit's concept last season was also praised. As good as Shibani was she was not a dancer. Having an actual dancer in the team changes everything!!! Look at Salman's concept's last year and look at his concepts now. 

With Shibani Punit did : Bollywood, Bollywood, Tango, Contemporary, Bollywood, Lyrical hip-hop, Freestyle, Robotic, Jazz Funk & Indian Semi-classical, Bollywood, and Freestyle.

With Lauren Punit did: Hip-hop, Robotics, semi classical & paso doble, Contemporary, Contorted contemporary, Bollywood and broadway, Bollywood, contemporary, Broadway jazz, contemporary and  lyrical hip-hop, and yesterday he did Garba and Robotics?

I am sure Lauren does give her opinion just like every other contestant. But as artists I am sure she knows her boundaries. We can't criticize this team harsher just because Lauren's input would be more valuable than some other contestant's input. I don't mean you when I say this but some people here are acting like Lauren choreographs everything and Punit is just there to execute it with her. Almost everything they do has a Bollywood base. So is Lauren also an expert in Bollywood dances, and things like garba and semi classical? or are we saying Punit is so incompetent as a dancer despite being both Remo and Terrence's student that he wouldn't know things like contorted contemporary and Paso doble (things that everyone knows)

If Punit stepped up his game this season it can also be because he got eliminated last season despite giving good performances. So he is trying much harder now. Even Salman's choreography improved from his first season to second season. 

oOSaraOo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
me and my family is chorepraphing the whole acts 😆 did I answer it for u
fastforward thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The same topic again and again..Oh wait, what was I expecting? 😆

It will go on and on till Jhalak gets over..Seriously?? 🤔  😆
Venus.X thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Perfangel5655

I don't understand how this was a theory few weeks ago and now everyone is acting like it is a fact. Punit's strength as a dancer IS in contemporary although he does a lot of hip hop, and so is Lauren's. Punit's concept last season was also praised. As good as Shibani was she was not a dancer. Having an actual dancer in the team changes everything!!! Look at Salman's concept's last year and look at his concepts now.

With Shibani Punit did : Bollywood, Bollywood, Tango, Contemporary, Bollywood, Lyrical hip-hop, Freestyle, Robotic, Jazz Funk & Indian Semi-classical, Bollywood, and Freestyle.

With Lauren Punit did: Hip-hop, Robotics, semi classical & paso doble, Contemporary, Contorted contemporary, Bollywood and broadway, Bollywood, contemporary, Broadway jazz, contemporary and lyrical hip-hop, and yesterday he did Garba and Robotics?

I am sure Lauren does give her opinion just like every other contestant. But as artists I am sure she knows her boundaries. We can't criticize this team harsher just because Lauren's input would be more valuable than some other contestant's input. I don't mean you when I say this but some people here are acting like Lauren choreographs everything and Punit is just there to execute it with her. Almost everything they do has a Bollywood base. So is Lauren also an expert in Bollywood dances, and things like garba and semi classical? or are we saying Punit is so incompetent as a dancer despite being both Remo and Terrence's student that he wouldn't know things like contorted contemporary and Paso doble (things that everyone knows)

If Punit stepped up his game this season it can also be because he got eliminated last season despite giving good performances. So he is trying much harder now. Even Salman's choreography improved from his first season to second season.

👏 for the stats! That helps me a lot as I didn't watch last season's JDJ. I'm loving Punit even more now!
Originally posted by: Shelly1026

👏 for the stats! That helps me a lot as I didn't watch last season's JDJ. I'm loving Punit even more now!

Yup that summarized it all

As for last season, Shelly you should check out his acts. For me Punit passed the test when it turned someone like Shibani into a dancer. Trust me, she was another Ekta last season in the beginning, but Punit even got her working and they even scored few 30s. All people have to do is put 2 and 2 together, and they will get the answer unless they want to stay oblivious to the stats.

Originally posted by: oOSaraOo

me and my family is chorepraphing the whole acts 😆 did I answer it for u

Please Sara, stop stealing my thoughts, when I saw the topic on the main forum, I was ready to say it out loud that "It was Moi who choreographed their brilliant acts" 😆

Looks like I am a sheer brilliance compared to you considering you had to rely on your family while I choreographed them all by myself
I_M_SultaN thumbnail
hmm punit was par exellence with shibani to so shibani was also a trained dancer then 😳
lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I'm pretty sure she s helping him choreograph. It's pretty natural to offer your opinions (especially when you are a professional and know quite a few important facts) and I'm sure Punit is listening to her. But I definitely do think that Punit originally offers his own idea and choreography. Lauren probably just polishes his idea and choreography. 

The fact is, whenever a choreographer get's a professional dancer paired up with them, the concept and dances are always better. Think of it this way: 2 experts + experience = amazing dance. 1 expert + learning dancer = alright dance. 
Edited by lovely_lady - 10 years ago
Carabelli5 thumbnail
Originally posted by: stardust2011

This is Punit's third season in JDJ.

In season 4 he was paired with anushka n unfortunately got eliminated in the start. We never got to see what the pair could do.
Last season he had shobani has his partner, who was one of the best amongst the girls next to Isha and wild card. But we did not see punit extract her best. Apart from 1 or 2 performances, none of hem were memorable. Punit did more of hip hop n bollywood styles last season with no concept or story. Only contemparary was the 'abhi mujh mein kahin' which ndoubtedly was their best performance.

And suddenly this season he is coming up with concepts n storylines and amazing choreography which makes me wonder if Lauren is also putting some efforts in the choreograpghy department...😕
All their dance styles have been international which i know is lauren's forte... The time they did Broadway Jazz, i felt it was completely choreographed by her.

I may be wrong and taking away from punit's true potential but can't help it when i think of his performances last season.😲

Bottom line, Lauren is a higly trained dancer and choreographer which is precisely why Punit is suddenly the star of the show.