Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: HotMess

I said the total was a *little* over 192 but then I look at the BH numbers and it's 192.85. It's almost 193. How fail of me. πŸ˜†  I can't believe the movie made 7.06 Crores. That's way above what I would have predicted too.

And same! My mum had a day off so she asked me last night if I wanted to go watch CE again today. But then it didn't work out because I got lazy and my mum realized she didn't like the climax with all the fighting and doesn't want to rewatch that scene on the big screen. :(

& my mom complains she didnt watched full movieπŸ˜†
khoslakadhokla thumbnail
Originally posted by: HotMess

I said the total was a *little* over 192 but then I look at the BH numbers and it's 192.85. It's almost 193. How fail of me. πŸ˜†  I can't believe the movie made 7.06 Crores. That's way above what I would have predicted too.

And same! My mum had a day off so she asked me last night if I wanted to go watch CE again today. But then it didn't work out because I got lazy and my mum realized she didn't like the climax with all the fighting and doesn't want to rewatch that scene on the big screen. :(

Yes, close to 193 cr. which is beyond amazing! I'm so thankful to all the audience who made it happen, who went more than once for the movie. Ah! look at me talking like its my movie that made this much money πŸ˜† But whattodo! SRK's success feels like my success πŸ˜³ Uski khushi main meri khushi...😳

Aww...that's sweet of your mom to ask. We went shopping and I was supposed to sneak out to the theatre in the mall, but missed the movie timings and had to 'suck it up' as suggested by my sibling when I kept whining about missing the movie. πŸ˜†
-RaeesRiks- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
7+cr😲

Never expected ...

3Idiots is not far now

off-beat thumbnail
Arey yaar abh bhi bas bhi karo...kitni bhar bhar ke tareef karoge..kitna kharcha paani karogey...
pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Balki planning a film with SRK?

View Image in Large Size
According to the buzz, SRK and Balki are surely coming together for a film

Wednesday, 21st August 1:30 PM IST

SRK is on a roll with the stupendous success of 'Chennai Express'. After working on a variety of movies and with various directors, reportedly now R Balki had a closed door meeting with King Khan.

There were reports earlier as well that Balki was planning a film with SRK. It was also reported the filmwould bring Amitabh Bachchan and SRK together in an unconventional way. But nothing was confirmed then.

According to the buzz now, SRK and Balki are surely coming together for a film. But is it the same filmreported earlier with Big B or a new project? Only time will tell.

.Bongsookie. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I want to make movies for the South Indian market but that market can change, taste can change. I want to make movies for critics but critics and their appreciation can change for a certain kind of cinema. And then I make movies because my heart says so.

^ He is such a good speaker! 😳
Cute interview :P
Samilicious.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

SRK and Deepika are re-defining sexiness β˜ΊοΈ
-RaeesRiks- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Saina Nehwal

Saina Nehwal ?@NSaina

@iamsrk Congrats on the smashing success of Chennai Express! Hoping to catch the blockbuster soon!!

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Chennai Express Made More Than 100 Crores Profit

August 21st, 2013 by Koimoi.com Team
Tweet

Chennai Express has maintained its earning spree at the box office and despite its lavish budget, the film has managed for itself hefty profits. Approximately made on a budget of 75 crores, the film has earned off a profit of 117. 25 crores at the domestic box office so far. The film's profit rate so far rests at 156%.

Shah Rukh Khan in Chennai Express Movie Stills

In almost 2 weeks of its run at the theatres, the film has smashed the pre-set records of box office. It has already surpassed other major releases of the year namely Shootout At Wadala, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, Kai Po Che! and Chashme Baddoor and is currently at Number 7 position on Koimoi's List of 2013's Movies with Best ROI.

Koimoi.com Bollywood Box Office – 2013 Movies With Best ROI

(all-India net collections) (in Rs. crores)

Koimoi analyses the profit and loss measures of each film that is released, keeping a close eye on the investments made on it. The profit margins of the films are calculated on the basis of the film's return on investment (ROI). ROI is calculated by the number of times a movie earns over its production and marketing costs. Contrary to popular belief, 100 crore club is not the index of profit or success. But it is the ROI the film garners that makes it lucrative of profit incurring as a venture!

Now, enjoy reading koimoi.com on your Android Smartphone. .

ROI Rank

Movie Name

Producer

Cost* (Crores)

Lifetime India BO (Crores)

ROI
(BO less cost)
(Crores)

ROI multiples
ROI/COST%

Aashiqui 2

Vishesh Films/T-Series

612%

Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani

Dharma/UTV

322%

ABCD

UTV

283%

Fukrey

Excel Entertainment

232%

Murder 3

Vishesh Films/Fox Star

186%

Jolly LLB

Fox Star

167%

Chennai Express

Red Chillies Ent. & UTV

191.25*

155%

Shootout At Wadala

Balaji/White Feather Films

138%

Bhaag Milkha Bhaag Viacom 18 & ROMP 50 102.50 52.5

105%

Kai Po Che!

and

Chashme Baddoor

UTV

and

Viacom 18/Shomaker

and

and

and

100%

*Costs are based on Assumptions and Estimates

pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
^^.. this is really good.. when  we take the budget into account.. If we look at the list above CE.. all but YJHD have been made below the budget of 12 cr