Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
Bollywood 24x7 ?@B24x7Official

As per early estimates #ChennaiExpress has surpassed the lifetime collections of #YJHD today. The final figures will be out tomorrow.

Sadia.khan thumbnail

Chennai Express worldwide at 314 CRORE

Chennai Express, having smashed known-records at the box office, has now taken the Shah Rukh Khan - Salman Khan 'rivalry' to the next level. The latest Shah Rukh starrer has now surpassed Ek Tha Tiger's overall worldwide collections of Rs 310 crore in just ten days.

The film is now the second-highest grosser worldwide with Rs 314 crore collections after its second weekend. Ek Tha Tiger had grossed Rs 310 crore in its lifetime run.

Directed by Rohit Shetty and also starring Deepika Padukone, Chennai Express had a strong second weekend, collecting Rs 22.50 crore nett, taking the overall India business collections to Rs 168 crorenett. The film grossed Rs 5.50 crore on Friday of the week gone by, Rs 7.50 crore nett on Saturday and Rs 9.50 on Sunday.

The collections are the fourth highest ever for the second weekend after '3 Idiots' and 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani' and 'Dabangg'. The film had already become the highest grosser ever in Nizam/Andhra and Tamil Nadu/Kerala after seven days; over the weekend, Mysore was added to the list and soon it will also become the highest grosser ever in West Bengal.

A tale of a north Indian man, who falls in love with the daughter of a don down south, 'Chennai Express'was heavily promoted by its cast and director across all quarters. It managed roaring business not just nationally but also on foreign shores, including via paid previews.

The movie was made on a budget of Rs 70 crore.

Chennai Express is now the fourth film to go over the Rs 300-crore mark in worldwide collections, after '3 Idiots', 'Ek Tha Tiger' and 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani'. 

It is likely to be the second film to cross the Rs 350 crore-mark worldwide, even though Boxofficeindia.com analysts say the all-time record of Rs 392 crore (notched by Aamir Khan-starrer '3 Idiots') is out of reach.

The top all-time grossers worldwide are -

1. 3 Idiots - Rs 392 crore
2. Chennai Express - Rs 314 crore (after 2nd weekend)
3. Ek Tha Tiger - Rs 310 crore
4. Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani - Rs 301 crore
5. Dabangg 2 - Rs 250 crore

Che.Guevara thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HotMess

17 Crores in 11 days. Seems hard, but not impossible. It'll be what... around 190ish after Tuesday? So 12 Crores in 10 days isn't impossible. But that's going by Taran's numbers. ðŸ˜†

On Taran's figures CE will beat 3I easily 

But on BOI figure it will be a tight race to the finish. 
LavaLips___ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Just saw deewana.SRK and late divya bharati ji made a wonderful pair! Sizzling chemistry!

lOL rishi kapoor was completely sidelined by srk in tht film !

Wish divya bharti ji was alive and they made more films,1 of my fav,one of the most most underrated couples of bollywood😳
HotMess thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: KARAN888

On Taran's figures CE will beat 3I easily 

But on BOI figure it will be a tight race to the finish. 

With BOI, I think CE will manage to beat ETT but not 3I. How much has CE made until now according to BOI? ðŸ˜•
Sadia.khan thumbnail

Originally posted by: lAVAlIPS

Just saw deewana.SRK and late divya bharati ji made a wonderful pair! Sizzling chemistry!

lOL rishi kapoor was completely sidelined by srk in tht film !

Wish divya bharti ji was alive and they made more films,1 of my fav,one of the most most underrated couples of bollywood😳

Post it here

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3481670&TPN=103
pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: HotMess

With BOI, I think CE will manage to beat ETT but not 3I. How much has CE made until now according to BOI? ðŸ˜•

I think 171-172 cr till monday.. 
LavaLips___ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I guess according to boi,we may just short by a few crores...although i will be more than happy if i am proven wrong.

Still a huge achievement for the film,the film with half as good as WOM of 3 idiots has outdone it.Claps for srk
TheAquaCapri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
TheAquaCapri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DB_reloaded

todays prediction-4.75-5cr jump due to raksha bandan

so it ill cross YJHD officially today
BOI-176cr

176 BOI ?