India-Forums

Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

CC, Sanaya, & SaNuj

Oyster IF-Sizzlerz
Oyster
Oyster

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
So I hear the news that ChanChan is likely to go off-air mid September. I wanted to say that if the news is false, I'd be happy. If it is true, I have no regrets for four reasons.

1. The fate of no project is known until it is tried. When Sanz's previous show was wrapping up, I had hoped that she'd get the lead role for SLB's Saraswathichandra. I thought SC would be her dream project and I was so confident about the show's success. I had every reason to believe so. Drifting back in time, SC had the most promising promos, extravagant sets, accomplished actors, and more than anything else a producer known for his artistic endeavors. I mean we are talking about the person who gave us HDDCS and Devdas. With this kind of faith, you imagine my response to the news that SC might be pulled off air as the show's not doing well. There are many other Sony shows that started with so much promp but faced early closure for not living up to the audience's expectations. On the other hand, we have shows that I cannot decipher how one could possible bring herself to watch with soaring TRPs. 

2. CC to me was almost successful show. I've an obvious bias for Sanaya. But in all honesty, I believe that CC had more substance and made more sense to me than her previous show. This is because I don't measure success by popularity. I am not claiming here that CC was flawless. It had its own share of shortages but with the drama concerning the replacement in the initial stages of the show, I must say that the CVs were not given the right amount of time to fix their faultlines. 

3. Name me one Indian televisions show that that is remarkably conceptualized and well executed. I always sing praises of just one Indian show KavyAnjali. As I rewatch the show on Star Classics, I realized that there were two major loopholes in the plotline that the CVs left uncovered. I repeat that this is the fate of Indian shows given their working conditions. KSG once aptly said in an interview that even if Shakespeare were to write his plays and present episodes 5 days a week, his characters and the plotline would suffer a great deal. The CVs of CC were even more disadvantaged given the replacement, the pressure of recreating ArHi's magic, the complaints that they need to stick to the principles of a family show, and the need to deliver daily episodes. If I were boggled down with so much stress, I'd give up.

4. Sanaya makes it a point not to be out of sight. Once asked about her vacation plans, she said that let her work as much as she can now and then there will be a phase in her life when she can vacation to her heart's content, meaning, when she retires. She understands that every actor has a shell life, so she does not slacken her speed. Once an actor is out of sight, s/he will be out of mind for both the producers and the audiences. I have seen this with many promising actors such as Anita Hasnandanni, Amna Sharif, Eijaz Khan, Iqbal Khan. But Sanaya's too smart. When IPK wrapped up, we always had Sanz doses in shows like Mehmaan Nawazi, Master Chef, and her anchoring on Zeetv. We might now get to see her in NB until she gets a new long-term project. I have actually always wanted that SI does not have a daily soap on her plate whenever she steps in to do a dance show. We all see how Dhrashti has been suffering keeping up with both JDJ and her daily soap...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So I am all good except that I am going to feel so bad for not having the chance to see SaNuj together on screen once CC wraps up. This is my sole concern. I am afraid that the producers may start to believe that SaNuj as a jodi didn't work. PHs don't repeat popular jodis and here we are talking about a jodi that did not even have the chance to leave their mark. I will feel bad thinking how their potential as an onscreen jodi was left unrecognized, overlooked, neglected, wasted, and unexplored. This is JUST not right!!

So in the end I'm fine that the show is ending since the PH made few grave mistakes in the beginning and they are partly paying the price now. I am fine that Sanaya's won't be seen as ChanChan since this is just one of her other shows that'll end to pave the way for a new one. But I am not fine that SaNuj will be judged without being given a fair chance. This is not done.

Edited by Oyster - 18 August 2013 at 12:25pm

The following 44 member(s) liked the above post:

arshi__foreverleninvaidhegiipkknd10mansajparuvspring22Tess77Twinky28MeeraHKStunningSanzSarunIsBackSiestadisco_divaCyberpsychoooAmazingAmySS88NNN-08--nrityanjali-vanitha3dddsoapstiahalderSpellofJoyMadhuOshowviewerSanzBarbiejaya100Sidda8-Saba-ayshaomarDiyaSbikeriderOmNaMaSteOmspate22ChitraFNaz_nisarGodhuliLogonNewbiesoapfanbkamberAfwan-Marie-kbtrAdorableDevilxAaliyaprincessunara

Tess77 Senior Member
Tess77
Tess77

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
Yes, I will miss Sanuj terribly!!  I really loved Sanya's pair with Anuj.  Their off screen chemistry was as much enjoyable as their on screen chemistry. Cry

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

arshi__foreveripkknd10spring22vanitha3dddsoapsSpellofJoyjaya100

kbtr IF-Sizzlerz
kbtr
kbtr

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Sanaya and Anuj make a real great pair and I will miss them sorely. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

xRumiiXvanitha3djaya100

AmazingAmy IF-Dazzler
AmazingAmy
AmazingAmy

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Wonderful post Sonya, you always know exactly what to say! Hug

I'm making a post here after ages...its sad but not surprising to hear about the Chhan Chhan ending. Don't get me wrong, I love SaNuj but the story itself was quite lackluster and uninteresting, even their lovely chemistry couldn't save it. The dull storyline was the biggest culprit in this mess, along with whichever nut made the decision to put this show in the most difficult time slot, on a channel like Sony whose ratings always suck.

Anyways, I'm hopeful that the next show Sanaya picks will be more relevant and connected with her core fan base, which is the youth, not 50 year old auntys. She has built a fan following in the youth due to her previous shows, MJHT and IPK, so I hope her next show is aimed at that same crowd. There are some actresses who are suited to do the saas-bahu type of shows. They couldn't engage the young crowd even if they tried! Whereas Sanaya already has us...all the director has to do is cast her in a relevant love story and he'll have us wrapped around his finger.

As for Sanaya, she was the one shining light in this show for me...her performance was always praised and noticed so she did her job successfully, its the story that failed. But I don't want to look back on this show with any bitterness. Everyone makes mistakes so its okay. The important thing is that Sanaya kept working after the closure of her last show. It shows she's always in demand and fresh in people's mind. Good actors keep working. It will help her figure out what works and what doesn't, what suits her best and what doesn't, what the fans want to see her in most, etc. Everything happens for a reason so I'm sure something bigger and better is in store for Sanaya after this.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

paruvxRumiiXTess77vanitha3dSS88-nrityanjali-P.SrinivasSanzBarbiespate22xAaliya

-nrityanjali- IF-Dazzler
-nrityanjali-
-nrityanjali-

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
Res. I need to make it grand, because this is the most beautiful post in the forum now Sonya Hug

Beautiful, beautiful post ! RESERVED for my own petty thoughts compared to your beautiful masterpiece :') <3

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

paruv-Saba-

MadhuO IF-Rockerz
MadhuO
MadhuO

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Beautiful post.
Looking forward to see what Sanaya will pick next. Smile
Will miss SaNuj...they make an awesome pair.

Edited by MadhuO - 18 August 2013 at 1:03pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

paruvTess77spring22vanitha3djaya100

SS88 IF-Dazzler
SS88
SS88

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Very well said, Sonya. I do believe there are bigger and better things out there for her. And hard work never goes unnoticed. She's delivered her part wonderfully, and if it didn't connect with the TRP/TVT audiences, then she has at least learned what not to do. Although I can't help but think that if Anuj had been present from the beginning of the show, and if they'd stuck to the original Khubsurat plot, this show  would've made it's mark. I don't think anyone is going to dismiss the SaNuj chemistry. They saw them dance at the Gold Awards, and everyone who had eyes knows they have excellent chemistry.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

paruvTess77spring22MeeraHKjaya100DiyaSspate22

Siesta Goldie
Siesta
Siesta

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 2:05pm | IP Logged

I completely share your feelings about the show and SaNuj as well. My major reason of disappointment that the show is going off air is also that the potential of SaNuj as a pair will go unrealized. I know its highly unlikely that we will see them together in another show but wish we could. I just realized that its just been over two months that Anuj was brought in as a replacement. To create an impact as a pair in such a short time and that too in a show which is not a love story is an achievement in itself. Even in love stories, the pairing takes more time than this to create an impact. 

Coming to Sanaya, I still don't fault her reasons for taking up Chhanchhan. As you said, no one knows what will work and neither does anyone set themselves up for failure deliberately. The concept did sound good on paper but the execution went all wrong with the haste in which the show was put on air and the pathetic choice of main lead. Added to that was the highly competitive time slot where once the viewers went away, it was very difficult to get them back. 

I still applaud Sanaya's conviction to take up a different role where the easier way for her would have been to take up a love story. 

I think the show got much better in the past 2 months and I was enjoying it...i liked Chanchan's character and the lighthearted feel of the show sans OTT and too much melodrama.

I am sure Sanaya, Anuj and the rest of the cast will get bigger and better things in the future as they are all talented and I wish them all the best.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

paruvTess77MeeraHKvanitha3dddsoapsSS88jaya100DiyaSxAaliya

Go to top