Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Blast from the Past Thread #16, pg 128, epi 180 (Page 87)

wiwy IF-Rockerz
wiwy
wiwy

Posted: 27 August 2013 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cinthiann1758

Originally posted by Horizon

]
Originally posted by IssPKaur

Originally posted by indi52

Originally posted by Horizon

Originally posted by viv04

Read your exhaustive beautiful thesis on teri meri. The amount of time, effort, and passion you put in comes shinning through. Your labor of love straight from your heart. I have no words.
When I saw the crazy wildness in the top two images, two words came in my head. Stampede, may be a stampede of wild buffaloes and volcanic eruption, the smoke, the heat, the molten lava.
My goose bump moment, when he so gently lovingly holds her by the neck against her dark cascades and brings her to the lowest dip. Something in those big dark hands. He just can't get his eyes and hands off her as if the world stopped right there and she is his world, his goddess.
In pick such an adorable moment.
In red, same thought came in my head as well. That could be the most intimate glance they ever shared suggestive of mating. Diwali and photo shoot glances suggestive of courtship. it seems like they just got undone getting out of an explosion and had to be in public in rush. First K is shaken as she becomes aware of the surroundings or maybe her womanhood too. Their expressions with subtle smiles so special as if suggestive of pure bliss following the ecstasy. The gleam in his eyes speak of the mail pride and possessive instinct, I came to conquer you, you let me and I did it. Sanaya at the height of her perfection here. A visible transformation, feminine maturity, blushing, glowing and acknowledging her surrender. Arshi's 170 has the pictures for this. Anyway it was symbolic of union of soul as Arshi explains the formation of the heart frame by them as they hold and support each other. This does happen during mating of the monogamous birds swans I guess.

I wish K had the same depth in her facial expression when she gets up in bed after farm house night and later when she talks with him on the phone.
Love the last image for the contentment and serenity.

Viv, hugs for that about K after the farm house!! During the height of confusion that time of to be or not to be , I was one of those who strongly believed that it wasn't , and the biggest reason for that was K' s most shallow.. If I may say, expressions the morning after as if she is just back after buying aloo from sabji mandi!! Where is the feminity, womanhood at least a hint of that... I was reminded of K' s blatant questioning post the Diwali miss kiss... "Aur woh Jo abhi kuch der pehle hua" which also disappointed me. I was told that is what K is! Was she.. The girl whose heart races poundingly with him around not even in sight!!

horizon. that shot of the woman who surrendered waking up the morning after... botched job, i agree. i wonder, is all this coyness to do with a tv channel trying to protect us from ourselves? women and sexuality seem to be anathema to some. i wrote a lot about this on crooner, even before farm house came along, and i was mighty thrilled with the character called khushi that finally she did the right thing. firstly, marriage is not a licence to have sex only, secondly, they were married as far as i was concerned.

in fact, the entire portrayal of women on indian tv is pretty sick, regressive, and does no good for anyone anywhere. no one works, no one wants to do anything but please their mothers in law. if they speak in english, they are bad. the woman is always saviour, higher, pedestal craving, and an object really... there to keeping parivaar and parampara alive...

she is never a person with her own desires, wants, needs, her individual self. while a man has

but this not showing a woman with sexual feelings, understanding them or feeling close to her femininity... it's sad, it's practically a sin. especially in a nation where this constant unreal treatment of sex, the repression, the deep seated and never admitted misogynism, and feudalism/patriarchy has taken such an ugly turn in our times... i can't even bring myself to read about the regular rapes anymore.

women, like men, like having sex. well most of them at least. it is part of being human, in our dna, biology. it is a perfectly normal thing. no need to turn her into a channel and a repressive culture's idea of achhi. if khushi can feel her dhak dhaks, she can feel everything else too. that doesn't make her buri, makes her real. that doesn't mean now all she'll want to do is jump into bed, it only means she can level with herself and be who she is. and enjoy every aspect of herself.

she didn't buy aloo that day, she had the most exciting experience of her life maybe, thrilling, inebriating, elevating... yeah sex between two lovers can be all that and more. funny part was, her first memory was of him rolling over to cover her body... then straight to achhi ladki smile and devi maiyya... er.

but after diwali... hmm that anger in her, that sizzle, possibly sparked by a terrible sexual tension she'd never felt before and didn't know what to do with... that one seemed sort of crazy but real to me. post farm house... ai ai yo.

Interesting chat, you guys!

viv04,
Fantastic, your comments on indi's "thesis"TongueLOL. No but seriously...your thoughts so very perceptive...getting undone..rushing to be in public..Khushi in touch with womanhood...a shared smile post ecstasy...and i came to conquer, you let me, i did. Wah!! Too exciting to read and connect withClap And that image of the mating swans...artful heartful beauty!!

viv04 and Horizon,
Completely in sync with you on that shallow morning after expression post farmhouse...anti climax diya humari khushi kumari ne...left me confused, her casualness, whether it had or had not gone the whole way. Very sad, after so many months of build up, to feel so subzi mandi-ish after reaching crescendo with the one and only!!
The only redeeming things: the night had been sensuous despite all odds of tacky conservative tellydom getting in the way...and much much more, as Indi points out too, that they made love/had sex before the so called saath phera wala atoot bandhan! In that, the show stayed true to it's grain. And i salute that. Cos even in this day and age, with reality being meelon koson door from all our so-called "sanskaars", mainstream thought and expression in apna desh is still prickly and judgmental when it comes to the subject of sex.

As for Diwali...Horizon, humara sorry yaar... cos i love it to death, her referring to it as "abhi woh jo kuchh der pehle hua". It was so volatile, so transient, so nameless, their rishta...esp those days...when the show was so self-assuredly marching onwards to a truthful soulful tune. Felt delightful to me that she didn't even know what to call that moment flaming with desire...

Indi,
Fiery fab words there on the general outlook towards women and sexuality. I had a chat with a 20 year old taxi driver yesterday. Wanted to know what he felt about the recent bombay gangrape. The girl was drunk i hear, he said. Does he have a sister, i asked. Yes, older, said he, but it's different cos she's in the village. I gave him a talking to that he is unlikely to forget this lifetime...looked completely shell shocked by the end of it he did. What is it about us, i thought later, that makes them so damn shaky about themselves? What is this constant need to box us in categories on the basis of what we look like, eat, drink, wear, say, do...practically everything except breathe, though that's sometimes seen as a problem too. A young taxi driver one can deal with, and make see some sense, given his proclivity to modernity in these times...but for those bigger and more powerful...where to begin with them? Shock them, a part of me says, and they'll get used to it. But with all the "achcha" traits ingrained deep down in us, will we actually be able to pull that off?? So it is about us too..us and our conflicting inner selves. We need to take stalk of our feelings and desires, get rid of some of those in-built guilt processors...be as open as we can, and not give in to what society and popular culture will have us believe. That's where i'm making my start...apart from making small dents chatting here and there with uninitiated unsuspecting folk! Too simplistic, more evolved minds might think. But i'll do it my way cos i see no other.

issk ji,

Indi,
 completely share your anguish. Women on our TV are idealistic (acc to their parameters) to an extent of being unreal. All of them are so predictable and the entire TV world is happy to stick with only a certain monotonous portayal of all of their prime time ladies. All the "nayi soch" only restricted to the "nayi ways" they dedicate their lives to cater only and only to their families.

That farm house morning after, totally forgettable. We had a more perfect sort of "morning after" after Teri Meri that a separate analysis is written for that part!  perhaps the makers should have been shown their own portrayal of that woman having just experienced her man in that proximity for the first time! By farm house "aachi bahu" that she was made into completely hijacking a girl irrestitably in love with this man!

Issk and Indi:

I know Indi is fine with that Diwali dialogue and Issk ji glad to know you are ine same club. Khushi seemed to have connected dots for her emotions to being in love with him on her walk back home that night before Diwali.  Although loved her fire in her questioning that night of passions,  some how felt she was trying to spell out a few things that were meant to be only "felt"! Anyway,  I recall  all our discussions of that time and accept it more now than I did earlier.

About that underlined, there are supposed upper class women who get judgemnetal about other women in a certain dress or a life style, what do I expect from a  20 yr old taxi driver? The problem seems too deep rooted, and the mind set too hypocrytical that I can't help being extreme cynical about the whole issue if there ever will be a light! So IssK, total appreciation for what you do!

Viv love this
My goose bump moment, when he so gently lovingly holds her by the neck against her dark cascades and brings her to the lowest dip. Something in those big dark hands. He just can't get his eyes and hands off her as if the world stopped right there and she is his world, his goddess.
[/QUOTE]

Viv, so beautifully put, the meeting of the two soulmates, the flowering of Khushi! wonder who conquered , who surrendered, who lost, who won!
Again, agree with Horizon regarding Khushi's reaction to Diwali almost kiss! Not very feminine , I thought then. Grilling her man for answers. Some things are just felt. Maybe it was a release of her sexual tension as Indi suggests. Hmm...
I agree with Indi and Issk on the regressive portrayl of females in our TV serials. What society expects a woman to do. To ask the man what was he trying to do? Seduce her, while he had a girlfriend? But KKG isn't that obvious? He could not keep his hands off you inspite of the fact(and you will admit) that he was not a man of "character dheela" category. Why, he backed away, when his phone rang and he came back to his senses. And you? Why did you let him come so close to you? If not interrupted you would have let him kiss you! So accept your sexuality woman, accept that you wanted him to touch you too! So there was a need for confession from both sides. 
Viv, Horizon, Issk, yes the morning after the farmhouse was so disappointing. But what was more irritating is the fact that at time of original telecast no one knew whether thay had actually done "it". I remember IF agog with speculation if they had consummated. Maybe CVs were waiting for the reaction of the viewers and so left us guessing deliberately. From what I gathered at least 80% viewers were wishing they had done the deed! And that's a relief. Lovemaking here was an expression and extension of their love for each other!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

viv04IssK.HorizonKatelynindi52Mysticaldivine

sohara IF-Sizzlerz
sohara
sohara

Posted: 27 August 2013 at 12:40am | IP Logged

credit goes to tumblr

Episode-172

Shyams snide plan backfired him. He is in utter shock after the scorpion attack. Poor Anjali has been yowling, how she would have survived if anything would have happened to her beloved pati. Alas if she would know his fallacy. Still its unfathomable to me that a person can think to kill his wife who loves him immensely.

The whole family is worried for Anjali. Being the eldest she always gets the treatment of the youngest. Anjali is actually the big baby of Raizadas. Specially, to Arnav. He is her younger brother, but not less than a father figure to her. He is disgruntled after seeing the scorpion in her room. No way he cant let her sleep in her own room. He is eagerly leaving his room for her. It has reprimanded again that how possessive Arnav is for his di. He can give up his everything, his comfort, even his existence. He wants to ensconce her in his own parapet, so that nothing can harm her. it is sure indication of the future that if needed he will give up his happiness for her sake. Exactly it happened after the terrace incident.  Poor man, doesnt aware of the perilous scorpion who has already muffled her life. Her life is at stake every second with her atrocious husband.

Arnav says loud and clear that all the coming rituals of Payal and Akashs wedding will take place in RM only. Cause he wants his sister 24/7 under his scrutiny.

A new day has arrived heralding the delectation of a new phase of their life. The  day incepts with the arrival of Guptas in RM for mehendi ceremony. Anjali welcomes them by aarti. As usual mami shows her disparagement to Payal. Im so fed up of her childish, mean demeanor. Payals eyes are searching for her man, what doesnt go unnoticed by Anjali. She reminds her that the function is only for girls, so Akash wont be visible today. She apologizes to the family for arranging the mehendi at their place. But amma and bua accepted it without any grudge. They consider the importance of the rituals, not the venue. They are not rich, but their cortesy, etiquette always prove that they came from a very respected family, apparently not like mami. When Anjali asks about Khushi, bua tells her that she is coming with the baggage.

Khushi enters the house with few bags in her hand, munching jalebi in consternation. She is trudging across the hall and cogitating, whether she meets Arnav or not.  She is beseeching DM not to make her confront him. Really Khushi? I thought you would love to meet your LG after your romantic tango with him. or I guess its your usual way to prevaricate, what actually is in your mind. This time her DM played a little prank with her beloved devotee. Her mehsoos is heralding the presence of laad governor. After a long time we saw her sensed Arnav. With the gentle breeze, the handsome prince confronts her with even a gentle, yet sexy "Hi". Im pretty sure all the girls gone dead after hearing that sensuous hi. He is looking dashing, sexy, and pristine in the touch of white. Khushi literally gasps audibly to see him and replies in incoherent manner

Namastey

You came to drop the goods?

No.. yesshe is whirling in the vortex of  her melange thought. She walks away from him meticulously keeping a distance. She is trying to be reticent with him. Is she scared whether his close proximity makes her weak or not. Cause he is already deranging her, making her pant, getting her weak on her knees.

Khushi

Her dkak dhak increases at his call. She turns her head slowly towards him. He moves close to her. A mischievous smirk is glinting on his face. He lifts his fisted hand. Khushi is ambiguous at his behavior. He takes the bags from her hand, holds her hand and gives her the jhumke. Khushi recollects the moment when he gestured her that her earring is missing. Khushis mind is in staccato. She is weakening at his smoldering gaze.

What are you looking at? I know what are you thinking.

Khushi is getting impediment, trying to gather her words.

Dont you think that you won.

Khushi is still stammering, just repeating after him.

Dont repeat everything what Im saying. Im talking about the challenge. Remember one thing Khushi, that you won only because of me. you cant force me to do anything cause the challenge didnt complete.

Khushi gathers some courage and retorts back in a volley,

The bet was for the competition. I won the competition; I got the statue of natraj, then who won? Or moreover I wouldnt need your help to win. I could mange by myself. Do you understand?

Arnav is dumbfounded at her addle pated behavior. It seems she is not demure of coy anymore. So she resumes in volition,

What do you think, your presence makes any difference to me? if you would be there or not, I would have won. You trouble me so much that I sometimes pray to DM that you shouldnt come in front of me.

She brought their epic fadak padta hai dialogue. Every time they said, it doesnt matter, in real it always mattered. Arnav is flummoxed at her temerity, he contemplates her keenly. khushi huddles fast in tiff. But as usual doesnt forget to look back to see his reaction.

Two effeminate men are in resentment. Akash is pacing back and forth. Payal is at home, but he cant meet her. NK is back with his chips. He is planning something to gate crash the ladies function. Akash is eager to know what is the plan. Nk will execute the plan, but  in return he wants Akash service. Akash is willing to serve him to reach to Payal. He whispers something in Akashs ear. Akash refutes strongly. But NK is sure about his idea, he is telling Akash to rely on him.

The ladies are all gathered for mehendi. Amma is showing Khushi some designs. But khushi seems in embroilment; must be feeling guilty to say those harsh words to Arnav. Definitely she didnt mean those words. She knows very well how much phadak her laad governor does to her. Anjali is panicking, where is chotey? Khushi perturbs more to hear this. The smarty pant I guess deliberately not answering the phone, to make Khushi feel the fadak.

Payal teases bua to write nandkishores intial N on her palm. And buajis nandkishore is also coming to meet her in the guise of a woman. Nk wore a saree and fully covered his face to gate crash the females party. But poor guy tripped and became unveiled. Akash warns him to be careful.

I couldnt control my laughter to see NK in saree. he was actually looking cute!

Devil Shyam is ogling Khushi lasciviously from upstairs. He is getting upset that he cant get beautiful Khushi because of Anjali. I didnt like how the camera showed Khushi from Shyams lusty eyes. He mutters with contempt to do some mayhem to anjali. Where  Khushis eyes are searching for her Arnavji. She must be in compunction and tensed at the same time for him.

NK and Akash both are descending down, going towards the hall, where all the ladies are applying mehndi.. Poor NKs saree opens when it gets stuck with a nail. But he is completely oblivious about it. Akash is calling him from behind to let him know. When he felt the pull he realizes that his saree is completely out of his body except the ghungat. He wraps himself around the saree. i was laughing like crazy clutching my stomach to see the scene. Anjali sees akash, so she calls him and scolds him to leave right now. Poor Akash, he follows his dis admonishment like an obedient boy.

Shyam is still ogling Khushi imprudently. Akash and NK come there, despondent.

Aaj to mera jeer haran hone wala tha. But you save my life. Thanks Akash.

Akash is trying to refrain him not to try this plan again. But NK seems determined,

Mei do bar golati nahi karta.

Nk notices that Shyam is also starring at the ladies. He comes to him and asks him whether he needs a saree or not, so he doesnt have to look at Anjali furtively. Shyam seems completely lost in Khushi, so that he unknowingly tells the truth that he is not looking at Anjali. Nk looks at the girls and teases him.

Naughty fellow.

The girls are applying henna on their hands and having a delectable time.. Nk finally gets in the women's gathering.

Haire nandkissore.

Nk gets frightened at buas voice. Bua notices NK first,

what the way you wore a saree?

Nk you can run away, but cant hide. Bua will somehow catch you.

Nk is cowering of bua.

Bohot sarmilee rahi ho. You must be very shy.

Bua is surprised to see such a girl who even doesnt want to show her face in front of women. Nk nods his head in affirmation.

I was also a very shy girl when I was young. Dont know where those days have gone!

She asks him whether she is grooms friend or relatives?

The mehndi wali asks Khushi what name she should write on her palm. When Khushi says K bua refutes them and tells them to write SD of sankadevi or P of parmeswari. She tells them that her niece is a little crazy but very nice though. Nk assents from behind by nodding his head. mami agrees with buas P as her name is phatti saree as well. Gosh how petulant she is! Nk cant refrain himself to comment. He suggests D for desi girl. All get incredulous to hear the male voice. Bua asks him whats wrong with her voice. He starts to cough   to cover his mistake. Bua tells him to give his hand so that she can apply mehndi on her palm. But bua gets ambiguous to see the big male hand. She tells him that though she is a soft girl but she needs to beautify her hand like a woman. I think bua got who is the shy girl behind the veil. She asks him whether she is married or not, cause she suggests her to marry a guy named Nandkissor who is grooms cousin and  very nice guy. But the shy girl retorts her by nodding her head vehemently. Bua tries to agree her, why she is refusing without seeing him, he is a nice guy, came from abroad. He is a bit weak in hindi, but he impressed her since the day she met him. If she agrees, she wants to proceed the proposal.  Khushi also recognized him. So she teases him, if she doesnt like him her buaji is eagerly waiting to marry him. NK gets terribly frightened to hear this. He recollects his nightmare where he is marrying bua. He cant continue his disguise anymore. He stands up, uncovers his veil and starts to scream,

No save me from buaji

All are flabbergasted to see NK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOd_qEF-dck

creidt goes to Nandini

vandana1965wiwysoni19sweetPutijaChalhov..Anita..Mysticaldivine

PutijaChalhov IF-Sizzlerz
PutijaChalhov
PutijaChalhov

Posted: 27 August 2013 at 12:46am | IP Logged
Thanks once again  one and all for your lovely wishes

IssK.HorizonKatelynMysticaldivinesohara..Anita..

sohara IF-Sizzlerz
sohara
sohara

Posted: 27 August 2013 at 12:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by salooni

Originally posted by Katelyn

hi 
some fav song that i keep humming now days
pls avoid my bad choice
if then sorryEmbarrassed

Thank you for sharing, Soni!  I really enjoy watching the last vm!  I was looking for some new songs now I have another favorite "Tum Tak (Raanjhanaa)."

wow s much happy to know that
you too prefer some of my fav
it i wow timeBig smile
absolutely wonderful choice.
 Loved both the VMs, 
thanks for sharing.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

IssK.Katelynsoni19sweet

Arshidiehardfan IF-Dazzler
Arshidiehardfan
Arshidiehardfan

Posted: 27 August 2013 at 1:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi52

hi ad, that's happy news. are you happy? looking forward? praying for you of course, and hoping all goes well. a good husband like arnav ji may he be... but are you up for the gussaLOL? i hope he is all you want him to be. all the best. Hug

Thanks a lot diHug I will be happy if everything happens smoothlySmile I can handle Arnavji's gussa but not ASR'sLOL Only Khushi can tame the lion... I can'tLOL The guy was my badi maa's student... I just want a good guy... I will go home next week for the next step... Let's see how things turn out...  Thanks a lot once again diSmile

best of luck

Thanks a lot soniSmile

viv04IssK.Katelyn

Arshidiehardfan
Arshidiehardfan

Posted: 27 August 2013 at 1:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cinthiann1758

ArshiD,
Ever since this show I have affirmed my belief and now totally believe that matches are made by God.  All will be well.  Just pray and ask and you shall receive.  My wish and prayer is that your parents are open to the direction from the Divine and are influenced in their decision for you.  I too will pray for a wonderful man for you.  you deserve it!Heart

Thanks a ton Hug Even I strongly believe that matches are made by GodSmile My parents will give just the best to me...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IssK.Katelyn

Arshidiehardfan
Arshidiehardfan

Posted: 27 August 2013 at 1:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ArshiHamesha

ArshiD...indeed it is a big decision in any girl's life and surely makes you think like that too...just remember it's written somewhere...God is provider and we are receiver...just have faith...in God and in your parents...

my prayers are with you for this hunt of a man who really love you the way you are.

Thank u so muchHug Yes I believe in destiny & my parentsSmile Fingers crossed... Just hoping for things to happen smoothly...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IssK.Katelyn

soni19sweet IF-Sizzlerz
soni19sweet
soni19sweet

Posted: 27 August 2013 at 1:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sohara

Originally posted by Katelyn

hi 
some fav song that i keep humming now days
pls avoid my bad choice
if then sorryEmbarrassed

Thank you for sharing, Soni!  I really enjoy watching the last vm!  I was looking for some new songs now I have another favorite "Tum Tak (Raanjhanaa)."

wow s much happy to know that
you too prefer some of my fav
it i wow timeBig smile
absolutely wonderful choice.
 Loved both the VMs, 
thanks for sharing.

thanks sohuCool

cinthiann1758KatelynMysticaldivine

Go to top