Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Blast from the Past Thread #16, pg 128, epi 180 (Page 139)

wiwy IF-Rockerz
wiwy
wiwy

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 5:25am | IP Logged
I see the discussion on manhandling is still On! And we agree to disagree! Ha ha! Will catch up on that one later.
But was just wondering what sort of mother commits suicide on her daughter's marriage?! Why was betrayl by her husband uppermost in her mind and heart? Did she not think even once how her act would affect her (handicapped) daughter's life, leave alone how it would affect her adolescent son! It was obvious that the wedding would be called off along with badnami in the society and so on, leaving scars for a lifetime! What was Mrs Mallik thinking or rather not thinking?!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ina211IssK.Horizoncinthiann1758Katelynindi52

supriya.arshi IF-Dazzler
supriya.arshi
supriya.arshi

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 5:27am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=indi52]episode 172

interesting structure of episode. started with a scorpion failing at its task... anjali actually used her bare hand to brush it away from her beloved husband's back. this character has a note of hysteria when it comes to her pati dev and her brother and their well being, no doubt reminding us of her fear of losing her loved ones.

a direct result of this, asr insisted that di go nowhere, sit right there at rm, which meant, mehendi must shift to shantivan.

and so it was that a beauteous maiden in beige and pink with appropriate touches of gota, large pink earrings and hair left loose, just the way someone likes it, came to the doorway, munching jalebi; a telltale, actually tell epic sign of worry and pareshani. Big smile -
i can't help but smile throughout while readin wat you hav written

her buaji had just declared that she was coming with loads of things, in a state of "laaden phaaden." looked like most of that she carried on her mind, the rest in a few light carry bags.
so what ails the lovely sister of the bride, why does she mutter early in the day and hog on jalebis and look woebegone?

as if to answer this very question, appeared a vision. brushed back hair, fresh after bath early morning look, sparkling white shirt, sleek waist coat and trousers, our man in rm has suddenly decided he needs to shut the main door... and who should he find there, but the fair one in distress.

so many times before they've met at this very place, each time at a different stage of knowing, feeling, hating, wanting, desiring each other. a doorway is a lovely place, neither in, nor out, a sort of no man's land, anything goes here.Clap

what ensued was delightful romance, a little stalking, playing, flirting, making crazy. the essential excitement between a man and a woman, the thing that makes us sigh and want to fall in love. Day Dreaming -
so true...but your words make me want to feel all tht you hav expressed in your world/meadow

"devi maiyya, rakshaa karna... hume bahut dar lag raha hai," the fearless sanka devi had just prayed to her goddess, she was very scared. scared of what? "main tumhe kha toh nahin jaaoonga," i won't eat you up, he'd said the night before... and yet she feared. i wonder what scared her really

"matlab... dar nahin lag raha hai, lekin agar humne..." i mean, i'm not scared, but if i... she stood there, eyes closed, talking to herself, jalebi in hand.

little soft breeze on hair, eyes open and... and another light gust of breeze... worrying that... big bite of jalebi. obelix and magic potion come to mind. maybe when she was a baby she fell into a cauldron full of orange syrupy swirlsLOL... maybe jalebi gives her some magical stregth... she can take on the whole world, especially that rakshas, laad governor, heartbreakingly good looking dancer whom she just so wants to look at and... and dance with maybe? -
you remind me a bit of Harry Potter here...with potions nd Magic

and he's right there about to shut the door... face to face they stand, a sweet silence full of tease and tremble.

then the vision uttered just one simple word and devastated girl and viewer alike.

how can anyone make "hi" sound so heavenly. lethal.Wink

the effect was apparent on miss laaden phaden. her eyes looked at him startled...

"na... na... namaste,"  she stammered, little smile.

shudh bhasha time. madam is not going to hi and bye.

he looked at her, a little awkwardness, the silence so delicate, then...

"saman dene aayi ho..." his voice was smooth and gentle, he wanted to look at her, he was reveling in it practically, a few moments with her, felt precious maybe.

"nahin..." she's nervous, he's pleased... "matlab... ha... an..." no... i mean yes, says she.

oh the nervousness in her... how he messes with her mind. khushi needs to find her answer to this havoc.

khushi gave giving a wide berth a whole new definition as she almost reached the border of haryanaLOL to avoid being anywhere near him as she walked past.

being near was dangerous clearly.

"khushi," an even yet urgent call.

she stopped, eyes widened... dhak dhak dhakdhak... her trouble had started.

she turned around gingerly... he was looking at her, quizzical.

he took his time to walk up to her. heartbeats and music reflected a more and more frantic state of mind.
Clap

he stood before her a moment, enjoying her frazzled state.

she couldn't bring herself to look at him.

then he held up a closed fist. intrigue, control, power, possession so many things an image can suggest.

and then once more he acted with a sense of  that right, of intimacy...
without a word and never asking her permission, he took the bags from her arm, set them on the floor, with a light smile, moved in, stroked her skin as he caught hold of her wrist... ufff,Embarrassed
she was startled, what's he doing, holding hands with her in the hallway? eliza doolittle Confusedwould have had such a job saying that... bit of eliza in khushi often... today definitely. -
is she an author or a character from a novel?

hey hey.. the music entered on cue, things were happening in two hearts and the tremors riffled the air.

but it wasn't what she feared, or maybe hoped for, it's her earring. he was returning it... of course flirting the h out of her in the process.

this is asr. once he is on a project, and a deal has been sighted, he will go all out to win...

i want to win you, i want to defeat you.

gold gleamed the hair on his fore arm, as he let the earring fall into her palm. every shot carefully taken, fully assessed for impact and heart thud quotient.

so he found it or took it or what, just to have this little game with her?

two pairs of eyes held each other in a dazed embrace... the dance continued.

a little gentle movement of the head, a playful smile, "kya dekh rahi ho?" he asked, what are you looking at? cool voice, husk in it.

"main janta hoon tum kya soch rahi ho..." i know what you're thinking.

oh no, what does he know about her thoughts... does he know? "hum... s..s..soch..." me... think... she's in no state to answer properly. this alpha male courting with its power control possession thrill thing she has never ever ever been exposed to. it is indeed too much to handle

and he tells her, do not think you've won...

"hum jeet gaye..." she's incoherent. things still not registering, she's drowning... if a little hand holding gets her to this point... strange to think a whole awakening in a farmhouse leaves her so brassy and unmoved.

the talk of win lose seems to give her back her resolve... khushi loves a battle... just like her friend in white shirt.

and so they war over who won and who didn't... felt like foreplay again.

battle timebegins. advance, retreat... an animal grace in our man.

"tum jeet gayi par sirf meri vajah se..." you won, but only because of me.

seriously? she has won the pratiyogita, natraj ji is sitting in her home, so who has won? she didn't need him  to win... would have won even without him.

ah the confrontation, the fight that excites... friction divine.

"hum khud sambhal lete, samjhe aap?" i would have managed myself, do you understand?

attagirl, give his own lines back to him.

"aap ko kya lagta hai, aapke hone na hone se hume faraq padta hai? aap nahin bhi hote na toh bhi hum jeet jaate. aap hume itna pareshan karte hain ki kabhi kabhi hum devi maiyya se prarthna karte hain ki aap hamari saamne hi na aay..."

and then the classic faraq padta hai moment... Winkyou think it makes a difference to me your being or not being there? in fact you bother me so much, sometimes i pray to dm that you don't come in front of me.

there's a hysterical edge to her voice. sanaya takes it to the perfect pitch... something enderaing in this girl who is reaching an unknown, never before visited place within her.

she has no idea that love comes with its own power play, especially when things start getting hot. and on dhak dhalks she runs off

but she does look back at him once, somehow mesmerised by this pareshan making devil. and he's right there looking back, his sure smile says he knows exactly what's happening to her and he's enjoying it...

but he did look a little perturbed when she said she prayed he wouldn't appear before her. involuntarily did apart of him hurt at that? the invincible one has a tender heart, if only someone would see it.

if our hearts fluttered with khushi at this interlude at beginning of episode... at the other end sat love that creeps one out. shyam stood on the gallery and stared beguiled, besotted at khushi ji while planning to kill his wife for the sake of his "love."

second time i noticed that the director chose to portray shyam's perusal of his object of lust through a dreamy camera. close ups that caress, she smiles in slomo, she is ethereal... what a sick fantasy an essentially unethical and amoral creature builds. how easy it is for him to consider murder, the moment even the slightest desire of his is thwarted or threatened. asr, though, never sees her through this saccharine haze, he sees her with a direct gaze, bold, straight forward, and he sees her for who she is. as she is. and he likes what he sees. i always enjoyed this detailing by creators.

a scene from the mehendi. akash has just been caught trying to sneak in. a gentle but firm "akash... no way" from anjali. adroitly handled reaction shots from all present, each character true to her/his feelings at the moment. no over acting, camera is light... and an atmosphere of wedding is created.

and once more the buaji nk connection... payal asks buaji to put some mehendi for her nand kissore, put an "n" on her palm for him. this cheeky little "romance" between nk and bua is intriguing writing i feel. something funny in it, something cognisant of reality perhaps, our inexplicable secret desires maybe, and something sort of sad here too. it isn't easy to be a lonely middle aged woman with no husband and no children. and be considered too fat and past your prime to be desired.

your take was splendid as always but i loved the way you screwd shyam in such a formal manner ROFL...tht guys deserves worse Dead don be so polite on him!!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cinthiann1758indi52

ina211 Senior Member
ina211
ina211

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 6:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by wiwy

I see the discussion on manhandling is still On! And we agree to disagree! Ha ha! Will catch up on that one later.
But was just wondering what sort of mother commits suicide on her daughter's marriage?! Why was betrayl by her husband uppermost in her mind and heart? Did she not think even once how her act would affect her (handicapped) daughter's life, leave alone how it would affect her adolescent son! It was obvious that the wedding would be called off along with badnami in the society and so on, leaving scars for a lifetime! What was Mrs Mallik thinking or rather not thinking?!

Spot on, Wivy!
I feel they let that angle...in fact that side of story totally hanging when they could have done so much with it. It just makes you feel they had not thought this through. They just wanted to have an angle where Arnav would blame his father for his mother's death...but they never took it further than that. No details. No reasons...No logic :D
That is the reason i really liked - valley of flowers a fan fic by charlotte. It beautifully brings in another angle to the whole thing...about how your notions about some people can be totally different. 
Arnav  always hated his dad so much...what if he learnt there was another angle to the whole thing? what if his dad was not to blame for ... anything? Interesting right? Ah but then...what's the point...we got what we got and i am happy we at least got arnav and khushi :)

IssK.Horizoncinthiann1758Katelynwiwyindi52

IssK. Goldie
IssK.
IssK.

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 7:05am | IP Logged

Wiwy the wicked! Tum theek ho?? Theek ho tum??? Abhi barely getting over the previous chat and you are throwing in another come-on!!
Humaari toh saansey hi ruk jayengi at this rate!!

On a serious note...hum bhi agree. But Abhi ke liye humaara reswa on the subject. Another time, phir kabhi, hum zaroor bolengey!!LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

samin6Katelynwiwyindi52

IssK. Goldie
IssK.
IssK.

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 7:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DurgaS

Jai Shri Krishna

Mere to Giridhar Gopal, doosro na koyi ... a beautiful Meera bhajan ringing in my ears. Belated Janmashtami wishes to everyone. I did miss the celebrations.

Thank you all for welcoming me back. Achcha laga ye jaankar ke mujhe itna miss kiya gaya tha Wink (Felt good to see that I was missed so much)

Thanks everyone for the congratulatory wishes on my getting the runner up position in the phrase contest. I am glad you all loved the phrase. Larumaji, thanks to you too. But a correction, I was the runner up, not winner as you mentioned. Smile

@Wiwy

Thanks for posting the pictures on my request. Embarrassed Lovely beach pictures. So that's you in Barun's blue. Wink You must have had a gala time out there. Thanks for pm'ing the latest news. I think you did cover all. Smile Amazing find about the green and black colours from wiki. Thanks for bringing it here.

@AD

Marriage alliance, is it? That's interesting news. Ponnu paakka vandangla? What's the update? I wish whoever you do marry keeps you happy and loves you unconditionally. Smile 

@IssK

Still in Goa? Hope you are having fun and relaxing out there. Thanks for the pics. Loved the Holi edit of Khushi. Bright and happy. Smile 

@Ami

Breathtaking edit. Waiting for you to unres. Embarrassed 

@Kate

I see that you've posted some lovely segments and vms. Thanks for the links. Got to see them. Embarrassed

@Anita, @Sohara

Thanks for updating me inspite of being very busy at school. Hope you plan and squeaze out some BFTP time from your busy schedule. All the best for you entrance exams Anita.

@Samin

All the best for your exams too. Do prepare well and read us whenever you want to relax. Let us know once the reports of your daughter's MRI scan are out.

@Arshi, @Anita, @Sohara, @Indi,  

Thanks for the pms with the links to your reviews. Will update the blasters' takes posts soon.

@All

That is some wonderful discussion going on about women on TV, Arnav's mishandling etc. And almost all blasters are participating in the discussion . Feel very very proud that we are having this on the blast. Keep up the good work. Still reading everyone's povs. Hope to join soon.
Big smile 

And some of you made a trip to Doordarshan serials. Those were the golden ones, weren't they? I remember the earliest one I saw was Ye jo hai zindagi, the title song by Kishore Kumar still fresh in my mind. Hum log with Ashok Kumar's gyan and his chan pakaiyya verses, Buniyaad - the epic saga based on partition (It is being shown again on DD nowadays), Bharat Ek khoj - excellent adaptation of Nehruji's book, not easy to portray the whole of Indian history in such a short time, Ramayan and Mahabharat - the classic epics (empty roads during telecast, detailed discussions among all age groups, these gripped the whole nation), Chanakya - it was very well made, Karamchand - the carrot eating detective, and I could go on and on... LOL  

Jai Shri Krishna Durga ji! Bahut Bhelcomes Back!! Shurukiya for liking editwa!

Still in Goa hum. Heading to Chennai soon...maybe will take Chennai Express...they say one meets thee..love of one's life... on that train these days! But then...me having major doubtwa that Raizada my Shehzada will be taking tirainwa...so maybe will just fly only. And NO, me not keen on seeing him on pilainwa at all...airports and him...we saw how that turned out last time!(On a loop note though..how hot did he look even getting kidnapped...long distance top angle airport security cam shot mein bhi sooo hot!! Hai those shoulders as he turned to face the one who tapped them. Sigh! Now need to die!)...

...Coming back thoda sa...yes yes happy humSmile And major Wah Wahs on your phrase at the contest baby!!

See ya soonSmile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

samin6cinthiann1758DurgaSKatelynwiwy

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 7:41am | IP Logged

good one, madam.

quickly, my surmise.

i think it wasn't suicide... no woman who was strong of conscience would do such a thing, esp on such a day. that shot of him watching his parents... the extension of the dream, was most unconvincing. he possibly believes it is suicide as do others. but me agatha christie fan, can tell ya daal has big big kala. writers couldn't have settle for that if they were as sharp as they seemed to be. there was return to sheesh mahal or so i felt and a revelation more lethal... involved khushi's parents in some way.
but we all know what happened to kahani later.

why do you think i'm doggedly writing that involved many timelined tale? hyuk. me bad, me not happy till i see it the way it all looks ok to me. i was told by the writer of this drama dekhna hai toh dekho... i dekhoed... now i will fixia. kaisa plan?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Horizoncinthiann1758wiwy

Horizon IF-Dazzler
Horizon
Horizon

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi52

Originally posted by viv04

hi viv,

i for one loved their fight after he accused her of being the cause of all trouble after di's abortion attempt... her terrible hurt, her passive aggression, his remorse and need, his hurt and that "aur main?" and the calling up of the contract again, felt like we were getting somewhere... there were lovely moments, some that build trust, some that scream love in between. that "i will take you back before the contract is over, " 

then the terrific 1 august fight after he's tried all sorts of things to get her back... tum yeh hone dogi, khushi. oh how much power
he handed to her at that moment, only to take it back any way he could when she wouldn't relent. so human, lifelike... both.

and saying there's been no pheras, so she is not his patni,
uff i was confusia. especially, since this reaction had come after looking at radha krishna who certainly never had pheras and tell a different tale of love.

what la said, well pointed out, is a key to khushi and asr's connection. i wish there was something said about why khushi needed him so badly. he was not exactly sweet, yet she persevered. why? what was her need? or was she just a do gooder and would do this for anyone? i do hope that is not the case. there was that stunning soliloquy about how something grows in hate and more hate and yet becomes undeniable... it was powerful, as was her: this string i didn't take, it was put in my hands...and so i will do as needed.

Indi, hugs for all that red. Will discuss this when we get to these epis.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

cinthiann1758Katelynwiwyindi52

DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 8:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi52

good one, madam.

quickly, my surmise.

i think it wasn't suicide... no woman who was strong of conscience would do such a thing, esp on such a day. that shot of him watching his parents... the extension of the dream, was most unconvincing. he possibly believes it is suicide as do others. but me agatha christie fan, can tell ya daal has big big kala. writers couldn't have settle for that if they were as sharp as they seemed to be. there was return to sheesh mahal or so i felt and a revelation more lethal... involved khushi's parents in some way.
but we all know what happened to kahani later.

why do you think i'm doggedly writing that involved many timelined tale? hyuk. me bad, me not happy till i see it the way it all looks ok to me. i was told by the writer of this drama dekhna hai toh dekho... i dekhoed... now i will fixia. kaisa plan?

Completely agree Indi. I believe there is this whole story that was supposed to be discovered where ASR's mother never committed suicide, but was a shrewdly executed murder plan. The past story was something that would have brought the chills and thrills back to the show. But alas, the makers lost interest and decided to let the whole story go just like that. Totally disappointed that his mother never got justice, just as Khushi's father's cause of plight too wasn't revealed. Towards the end lot of issues were left hanging loose.

samin6cinthiann1758Katelynwiwyindi52..Anita..

Go to top