Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Blast from the Past Thread #16, pg 128, epi 180 (Page 134)

cinthiann1758 IF-Dazzler
cinthiann1758
cinthiann1758

Posted: 30 August 2013 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
Ladies, I propose that we conclude the conversations of our sexy man's manhandling or non-manhandling.  We all agree to disagree and we all can agree that we love him as ASR and Arnav!  What say?

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

viv04IssK.KatelynMysticaldivine..Anita..indi52sohara

Katelyn IF-Rockerz
Katelyn
Katelyn

Posted: 30 August 2013 at 4:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by wiwy

Originally posted by IssPKaur

Originally posted by indi52

Originally posted by Horizon

Physical abuse should n't be tolerated becos it is coming from a smoking hot (i fall down dead) wealthy guy. But ASR comes as a package, a unique one and his abuse, if one wishes to call it as, comes with his all other wonderful traits, love, respect and responsibility for his family as we talk about. That is why ASR doesn't come under the otherwise manhandler's section of women abusers.. becos he is simply NOT! ClapClapClap
And, from where I see, there are two very distinct phases of ASR, the one before and the one after Guest house! Arshi, agree with you that Dori pulling was indeed abusive, so were a few other in the office. Khushi put up with them for a while. Then she reached her threshold,  and stood up for herself.. rightly so... Clapthrew that resingation on his face and walked away! That is why that resingation scene was so very powerful/ gratifying (altho I don't think for all the guilt he felt he didn't deserve all her anger at that point, but that is a matter for another discussion).

Wiwy, I agree with the reel and real distinction. But surprisingly, ASR is the ONLY ONE who came closest to being real there among all the other too sweet to believe Telly characters!! As we often discuss, there is an ASR in all of us, with all the anger, irritation, love, passion everything deep with in.. at least in me!

But after the guest house, he clearly showed his intense passion and been a savior for this girl many a times, she understood that as well. So that hiding did make some sense. I don't think there is any unhealthy women abuse depicted in IPK just becos it is reel.

horizon,

absolutely agree, exactly my feelings. but first a big hello hi hug for the "smokin' hot." that's the word for ze man. wish i could say it with a sexy amriki drawl.

and those are the reasons he is not a manhandler.

yes he did a couple of things he should not have... dori, drop from office, drag up mandir steps and force a wedding without asking a thing... but that and his other mistakes make him human. what makes him breathtaking is his clear absolute no condition apolgising... his conscience. and also his ability to understand that he does things at times without thought, only to regret it later.

human.

my husband said, of course he manhandled her, i said, when. he sited temple wedding. i said, yeah, but which one of us has had this sweet quiet wonderful marriage without any rage rave spot of violence, when two people are in love and have this thing for each other all sorts of things happen he said, i know... the way we used to fight. i said, used to? just the other day, right here, we were so bad that we had to finally start laughing because it would have gone to the stratosphere or the cop station otherwise. he tried not to remember.

i too felt her anger during resignation was a bit extreme, she was accusing him of something he hadn't done, ie sent her to a dangerous place knowingly. but while i felt for him i also realised it was his anger, his abrupt banishing of her that had skewed her judgment, you couldn't blame her for thinking the worst of him. how he suffered and then in typical style got furious about that. a zany understanding of character there.

even more lovely, her saying "hum theek nahin hain," after giving yelling at him to her heart's content.

nice writing.

oh asr's contours are the most believable of all. there's plenty of him in me and those around me. even the good fortunately.

i do wish he hadn't snapped her dori, or dropped her, or dragged her... but he did... he was who he was and he never tried to justify it. his anger was a huge issue. he was often in its thrall... this would have been great to explore, but with his interpretation i think barun conveyed it... his helplessness before this thing, his remorse, and that's why it was impossible for me to judge him.

most people have a minus side... how they deal with it matters.

cynthia: i see you up there. will disagree, sir Hug. he pulled and dragged her... not others. this was a crazy attraction thing between the two, made both do all sorts of things. not right, not laudable, but there it was, and khsuhi sort of got it... when he gripped her hard, it wasn't to hurt her, it was usually because he was anguished, couldn't guage his strength, always regretted those marks he left behind... and she did bruise easily...

he would get angry and slap people... both times, men. with women, always quite gentle and respectful... oh the opening scene with la. only once a huge screaming session with la.

Hello! Just read this...i love the man but cannot agree. Abuse is abuse. He probably hurled verbal much more than physical...but still. A lot of women i know who go through abuse try and justify it to themselves for the longest time citing the fact that the man at heart is a good one. It's classic victim behavior...till it hits the wall... We value ASR, of course we do, we know who he really is, and love him for that. But sometimes i felt the character was in the wrong...especially pre guest house...and post forced marriage. It doesn't matter that he was doing it ONLY to her. Most men do it only to their wives or girlfriends. They seem perfectly nice to all other women.
I for one do not think Khushi's anger during resignation was extreme. All that talk of "aukaat" for instance, i found unacceptable to say the least. I was mighty pleased actually that she felt the anger and expressed it. So glad they didn't make her apologize to him for it later...

This chat is an essential one. Glad we''re having it! Big hug to you all, by the way. Missing you like crazy!

The way I see this, if ASR did not himself think that he had manhandled Khushi, then why did he repent? Why did he give her those pearls, which he had torn on their first meeting? And hugged her and apologised? Because he knew he had done wrong. He should not have done it under any circumstances. He realized just because he had had a bad past he could not justify hurting others. Say, if a boy had an abusive past is it alright for him to abuse others? Or a boy is poor is it alright if he grows up to be a thief? We must empathize with such a character, help him to get over his past but allow him to abuse others or cheat because he had a horrid past? Why? Howcome? In fact can you even physically abuse a woman just because she is of loose morals? 
We identify with ASR coz he is so real, true.We all have our dark sides like him. But if what man seeks is nirvana, then what we all need is a DM disciple like Khushi!
As ASR's saviour she pumped out all the poison within him. It was this poison that had made him do things he regretted later by his own admittance.So by the end of the serial, ASR was not pulling, pushing, hurting Khushi. He emerged as the man he really was, kind, generous, compassionate, caring, loving and above all liberal and progressive. No more dori tearing for this man, however sexy you might find it! Sorry girls!

Well said Wiwy! Clap I do feel that he did manhandled Khushi and that's why he always felt so awful afterwards!  I love all the discussions here ladies!  Great job!  I think the whole IPK experience is to see the transformation of this man!  And that love can reduce anyone to anything.  BTW, manhandling a woman is also very common in Thai drama.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

viv04IssK.cinthiann1758indi52Mysticaldivine

Katelyn IF-Rockerz
Katelyn
Katelyn

Posted: 30 August 2013 at 4:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cinthiann1758

Originally posted by ArshiHamesha

Hey Durga 
Welcome back... you know you've been missed a lot...your little presence has deeper impact...woh kehtain hain na door rehne se pyar padhta hai...

Good to see you...Smile

Durga welcome back!!! Missed you but glad you had a good time!

Welcome back, Durga!  Hug We all missed you dear!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cinthiann1758soharaMysticaldivine

Katelyn IF-Rockerz
Katelyn
Katelyn

Posted: 30 August 2013 at 5:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ArshiHamesha

Issk...Smile

This is awesome ...looks like you really drop Holi colors on her...Taza Taza...Clap
[/QUOTE]

Fantastic edit, IssK!  I love the bold colors! Thumbs Up

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

IssK.cinthiann1758soharaMysticaldivine

Katelyn IF-Rockerz
Katelyn
Katelyn

Posted: 30 August 2013 at 5:15pm | IP Logged
Ok fun post!  Some of you might have seen these before.  Both vms are by Rag1ni!  Have a great weekend!!

Mission: Impossible - Khushi & Arnav Edition

Angry Birds: Arnav & Khushi Edition

cinthiann1758soharaMysticaldivinePutijaChalhov..Anita..

Horizon IF-Dazzler
Horizon
Horizon

Posted: 30 August 2013 at 6:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BarunDiwani

res

Oh my dear... Where are you and what was that? Love you both... You and the edit!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

viv04KatelynMysticaldivinesohara

viv04 Senior Member
viv04
viv04

Posted: 30 August 2013 at 6:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by samin6

So here I come and am watching people trying to judge our manhandling of Arnav and I was thinking if it was justified. Now manhandling is not justified but our Khushi always had a sweet revenge, and that was her jelebi like sweet revenge that made IPKKND so endearing. Let us start Arnav thew her from the top of the stairs thinking of embarrassing her in his office and she did the same to him by gaining more points in office and giving the resignation. He drops her off in the middle of the road and she changed his ring tone,and made him again embarrased in front on his family. Now Arnav hurt Khushi in her heart because ourKhushi was one with all hearts and Khushi hurt Arnav and his image because our Arnav bitwa was all about image. So why should we bother, they just very well complemented each other and the fact was they loved each other even though they lacked the very thing of utmost importance to the other . According to Khushi Arnav had no heart and according to Arnav Khushi lacked brains. However their love was not stopped for that flaw and so that had a beauty on itself.

This sounds logical and refreshing. It may apply to brave Khushi. In general abuse is mentally more traumatic than public disgrace for average people. I respect your view, as all of us have different views depending on our experiences. Anyway we all love IPK and ASR for the thrill of fiction, love for romance and the artistic abilities of an dangerously attractive young actor.

Edited by viv04 - 30 August 2013 at 6:43pm

IssK.KatelynMysticaldivineindi52sohara

cinthiann1758 IF-Dazzler
cinthiann1758
cinthiann1758

Posted: 30 August 2013 at 6:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Katelyn

Ok fun post!  Some of you might have seen these before.  Both vms are by Rag1ni!  Have a great weekend!!

Mission: Impossible - Khushi & Arnav Edition

Angry Birds: Arnav & Khushi Edition

Loved them tfs!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Katelyn

Go to top