Blast from the Past Thread #16, pg 128, epi 180 - Page 88

Posted: 10 years ago
 soni i came to library to study. i guess you don't want me to concentrate on my study.
Gosh this pic is a killer.🤢
Originally posted by indi52

lajo ji and what was alok nath caled? master ji? so cute. a certain understated elegant heat... nice. his first show i think, and the lovely anita kanwar... i saw it in the '80s wjen it was made. there was also humlog and ashok kumar at the end of every episode with the "gyan." the idea of the show borrowed from mexico or somewhere... an attempt to reach out to people with certain ideas via a serial. majli was the troubled one, right? way back then, the girls were more cool than they are in serials today, though may be in jeans and speaking angreji.

remember khandan? i also saw a bit of tara, never liked it. but there have been several shows in the pre saas bahu days, which were different and had interesting ideas. there was nukkad and yeh jo hai zindagi... good actors.

ipk will always be the only serial that completely hooked me. something unforgettable about its apprehension of love. and i was always a big fan of this feeling. in our cold hard cash and carry times, this love is just so much more necessary than we know.

so if anyone's copying, have fun...

Interesting discussion. .. days of buniyaad and humlog... couldn't really understand them that time esp the first one...recall watching "Kacchi Dhoop", 3 young girls and their mom.. Bhagya Shree's first and Ashutosh Gawarikar as the lead...nukkad and ofcourse Mr SRK's shows ... many more interesting ones over the weekend.. Indi is right . Doordarshan was much more better before the invasion of Indian TV by Saas- Bahu under the pretext of "Nayi Soch".

But ofcourse, IPK is the the only one that I would be addicted to... the magic potion..Infact I heard IPK copied a lot of scenes, ideas from other shows earlier on.. including the pool side kiss...doesn't bother me a bit... as a love story is about conveying emotions, it is upto the characters/ actors who does that convincingly.. ASR and Khushi were etched with precision...and Barun and Sanaya brought such heart tugging tenderness and believability that one just can't help but fall in love.. and perhaps won't deny their extra good looks had a thing ot two to do with it too.. becos its very rare that both the male and female leads looking gorgeous and who can act a bit at that!!
Originally posted by salooni

me too 
early five cloack 
wake up then till 10 cochin
then till 5 pm office
and then fully tired 
i have not watch since 171
so no editing also nothing 😭
we all are sailing in the same boat.
Originally posted by cinthiann1758

Okay, don't scream or kill me but I watched it! 
 I bit the bullet and watched IPK2, not during its initial airing but I DVR'd it so it wouldn't get the ratings at 2am, and OMG, 
what are they thinking?
It was awful.  
They used the whole concept of the raging man (good looking, but not good) and the zany, sweet girl (who actually was not bad).  They had him behaving  and acting with ASR characteristics, ie. him pulling at her and making the fist and talking through gritted teeth and she as the tearful wee babe.  
I couldn't finish it.  
Good concept IPK, bad for remaking of season 2.  
Did they not think we would compare it to season 1?
Star Plus what are you thinking?  
There is only one IPK, Arnav and Kushi, everything else looks plain silly. Just my POV.
ps this is going against forum code we are not suppose to compare them.  

Cynthia when i read your post, my reaction becomes this.
nahi, nahi, nahi!!!!!!!! how could you did gaddari with us! Just kidding.😃 good that you shared your view with us. How much they copy Arnav and Khushi they will never come a bit close to them, moreover will be a laughing stock. i have SP at home. But don't feel an urge to watch it. My mom who loves to watch soaps, is also not interested to watch it either.
Go to hell the new show of SP. 
][QUOTE=Arshidiehardfan

The girl is Anoushka, daughter of tamil actor Ajith Kumar & Shalini😊 More than his movies I like his character a lot... When this girl was born, Ajith bought a golden cradle for the little princess😊 I love their family...

We just have memories now... Every festival will remind us of IPK only... Every Janmashtami will def remind u of IPK...

I made a comment on pg 92 & it is 104 now... I am too late & too slow... Hope to catch u all soon...

[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that info AD, i thought I was  being nosy..:). Yes i know that actor with his previous name ofcourse that I liked more, Srikar, and Shalini will reamin a child artist even tho she grew up and did female lead roles. Don't know much about their girl. In fact never into any actors.. ofcourse that was before Barun and Sanaya happened to me!!

the intimacy of this frame has me riveted. so very very close to each other they are really, she seems to yearn to be near him, he's reaching out and in for her sake, he's ready to go far and deep into this whole thing... no holding back.

episode 174 coming up tomorrow.

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by indi52

my nineteen year old niece and i just finished a conversation about why we liked the screaming shouting manhandling mr raizada. and our feeling... a) we knew he was in pain himself, and b) somehow barun could sense and portray the tender beauty clean noble side of the man, even amid that chaos.

still, while many people felt there was no need for him to apologise, i did feel there was and i loved the way he chose to make a trip in the middle of the night to do it. i however did not feel the need for a major redemption thing and see how wrong you were asr track.

life. this happens that happens, no one's perfect, as long as there's love and respect finally, and an understanding, good enough.

everywhere, women are asked in various ways to be less, to curb, to hold back... this is the one thing i tell my daughter... never accept any situation where you are asked to be less. today i made her read the wiki entry on "misogyny," after five lines she said, her stomach felt queasy.

i love the mills and boon type, or at least the idea of him, but over the years, clear to me, i am not into being dominated. i liked the fact khushi always fought back... that sense of equal. you shut up (or that very sexy "shaat up" as hd75 says) and she replies after a few bouts of this, "aap shut up," nice. his equal. i always believed that is one of the reasons he fell for her, her guts, her indomitable trait, like him, he sensed she was like him... also that friction was exciting... no one spoke to him like that.

they made khushi into a what i have no idea. what the h was that mrs india thing... yes catering business anyday or even math tuition... but this?

love your post. i called my brother whom the mother doted on but pretended to be mad at... the blind spot. but then my dad had a thing for me i think, so it never really bothered me.

adam's rib, ah thesis can be written on that. or the song sung to the wife every sabbath in an observant jewish home... or the whole place of "bahu" in an idian home and the exalted position of "damad" the son in law... we need characters like asr in this world... for that rready to put up with some nastiness... woman enough to handle it.

biting? while hard kisses feel sort of exciting... uh huh to serious biting and things.

Some very interesting discussions going on here. 

Never thought ASR manhandled Khushi, I always felt it was his way of showing his intense love and pain, there was something pure in it, of course Barun made it just perfect. 

I remember people were disappointed there was no redemption, redemption for what? As ASR himself said "iss pyaar mein sahi, galat nahi hota"...it is just love, being nasty, hurting the one you love - all part and parcel of those crazy feelings ! As you so rightly say, what matters is that the love, respect and trust remains intact.

Barun always maintained he could play ASR so well only because of the writing, well, if you want to know how ASR would have been if Barun was not playing him, watch the other shows which also have such angry young men and see the difference. ASR may be been brilliantly written but if it wasn't for Barun, I don't think people would have felt so much for the character. I mean who else can say "shaat up" or "oh really" like that?

Was just thinking about Khushi, what an endearing character ! Even today, I simply adore her and I also know what you mean when you say you have no idea what they did to that character. Sad because Khushi was so different from the usual soap heroines, she had her values, alright but she also came with her own flaws, in many ways she was like ASR. 

Towards the end and even after the fiasco, I think it was Sanaya who made Khushi likeable. If I could forgive that suicide attempt and peon disguise and still love Khushi, a lot of it is because of the actress ! Wish they had made her as real as ASR, she was real for a long time until something went wrong everywhere in IPK. ASR alone survived, even at the peak of the mess, this character alone remained untouched, minus the gussa though. Guess the writers too were in love with ASR ! 

By the time it came to Mrs.India, I knew it was all over and was waiting for the show to end rather than watching it go down day by day. I was seriously hoping they would let her get back to the dabba service but no, she had to be Mrs.India ! But, try as they might, they can never erase the memory of Khushi Kumar Gupta in those gaudy coloured salwar-kameez complete with pompoms, side plait and a funny looking bag !

Can't believe I am up at 1 AM and writing this, got a long day ahead tomorrow...will I ever get over discussing IPK?

Originally posted by sohara

we all are sailing in the same boat.

Haven't watched full episodes in quite a while. Don't have enough time. So prefer to read analyses by Blasters. But there are times in a week when I just need to see Barun walk and smirk and say what the! If you know what I mean! 😉
Originally posted by cinthiann1758

While reading this I had a mixture of emotions.  While being raised in the west to an Italian American family, my youngest sibling is male.  I am the middle child, my parents eldest was also female.  My brother was god especially to my mom.  We still to this day call him the messiah.  He could never do any wrong and he walked on water according to mom.  Still, I never felt inferior, in a matter of fact I would fight for my rights to do things but I do remember me not being allowed to go away to college.  I am not sure if it was that my parents couldn't afford it (which I very much doubt) or girls just didn't leave the house until they were married.
Anyway I got married at 20 to a hateful, abusive man- maybe I just wanted to escape.  Needless to say you all know my story and I found my John because of it...now 32 years later!
What disappoints me is when I read the FF and all the girls write about someone biting them during lovemaking.  This disturbs me, for I have heard of love nips but not the description of actual biting.  Without going to deeply into this I "assume" (hate doing that), that this is an amorous part of the culture or is it the man's dominance over a woman?  I know that when lions mate, the male bites the neck/shoulder of the female showing his dominance until she submits.  Is not love suppose to be a sharing of each other in a beautiful way?  So like I said it disturbs me and I apologize for bringing this matter up especially to our youngsters they do not need to hear this.
In IPK what disturbed me, was how attracted I was to the ASR character, whom I in my POV, was very abusive to Khushi in the beginning.  He degraded her, physically man handled her and kept putting her "in her place".  Why was I so attracted to this terrible man?  But deep in my heart I knew he was hurt and his reactions were because of this.  I still feel terribly guilty when I am attracted to the alpha, dominant male.  I play the role of the lowly female/ lion awaiting domination.  
I was watching a show called Jodha Akbar and I am ashamed to say I love it.  There must be something deep in my core that calls out for the dominant male and I probably was raised not knowing that a woman does not have to be dominated.  
Until we raise our daughters, (which unfortunately have none), with the belief that we are equals to men in all rights and aspects of this world, nothing will change.  When G-d created us, the story in my Bible states that we came from the rib of man, formed so he would not walk this earth alone.  People take that literally.  A woman gave birth to the G-d, he would never exist without a woman!  Men should remember this!  LOL
AND finally I hated the Khushi of the last few episodes.  I remember calling ArshiH and screaming about the Miss India contest.  Just like Miss America, Miss World, Miss Universe what's the point?  A woman's talent and beauty does not have to be judged at all.  The CV's could have had Khushi run the tilffin business or join AR Designs to prove that point.  Ughhh, absolutely hated it.
Our zany, cray girl was one to be admired.  I never felt that she was not worthy of greatness and love.  BTW of love the culture of the extended family and everyone living together.  The mother-in-law in charge and all the women helping to run the household and caring for the family.  This is a beautiful!  But if a woman wants to be educated and go out to work why not?  Some love to take care of family while others want to enter the business world, either way neither is wrong unless imposed and forced on someone.
Okay, my idle chatter and rant is done.  I love and respect all you wonderful women of this thread and we know no matter what we are stronger than anyone thinks!

GIRLS AFTER MY OWN HEART, ALL OF YOU ❤️...this chat is scaling new heights. All thoughts germane to our lives, all ablaze with questions.. Wonderful to come back to, to mehsoos and to internalize👏

Arshi, nowhere in the world, am sure, are women exempt. Cynthia...i didn't know anything about your past so this was a huge revelation. I have no words to salute you. Like you say so well, and i agree wholeheartedly, there is no right or wrong in how a woman should lead her life as long as the choice is hers. In fact it is this deadweight of right and wrong we should free ourselves of. For ourselves and for the "other woman" whoever she may be.. So right you are Wiwy, the wicked! We need to melt the distance with her, that girl out there we see and don't know. Be gallant and be chivalrous to her. Open the door when she's struggling, give her a lift, appreciate and shower compliments on her...no matter who she is. We've all been "rated", and treated accordingly for better or worse by the world at large... by institutions, by most men, and by women too...the saas-es and the maami-s on tv don't help. But let's not bite. Let's just be greedy and pursue pleasure i say. The pleasure of knowing and experiencing and shamelessly loving.And let's charm each other.
The amazing thing is...as i type this, i feel so fantastic that i know all of you...for don't we all do exactly that on these threads? We love the show but we also love each other dammit!!

And we love this girl!

To fun and madness... HAMESHA. Cheers!

And Indi...the film with Nargis is Raat Aur Din. She is mind blowing in it!!

Edited by IssPKaur - 10 years ago
So many stray thoughts...some of which i share with my Blaster friends as I read their posts
Not watching IPK episodes for dearth of time. That can be killing at times...for everyone. But the endearing analyses and the edits keep you going. Eternity!

IPK 2 out there.Uggh! So many serials copying our IPK. Our Ipk copied from others? But who can copy our Barunand Sanaya?! Bolo to!

Ages ago... Yes the doordarshan was ten times better than Star Plus. How many serials did we list? Humlog, Buniyaad, khandan, nukkad, Bharat ek khoj, yeh jo hai zindagi, fauji, dhoop kinare...

IPK. I come back to it. Yes I had a great time with barun in Pattaya! I went parasailing too. But not this time. Last time. Then walked on barun bed too! That was some experience! Sometimes i just love the thrill of being alone. Enjoying something just my way. Looking back in time there are many such moments I can think of. Issk, is having a serene time in Goa. Wish I was there too, with her but alone. 

AD, say 'No' if need be. Best wishes.

Cyn, its important to know what you want, really want, does not matter who thinks what!

I am talking s##t. Time to write the next chapter of my story I think!😆