Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2

India-Forums

MMT: SUN Epi Discussion Thread 18/8 (Page 27)

-RK_Ki_Biwi- IF-Sizzlerz
-RK_Ki_Biwi-
-RK_Ki_Biwi-

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by poojaluvnbt

Yes baby ye bahut purani news hai
humein nahi pata tha ...Tongue

-RK_Ki_Biwi- IF-Sizzlerz
-RK_Ki_Biwi-
-RK_Ki_Biwi-

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by poojaluvnbt

Ok guys gd nt
Ba bye Pooja ..GN ...Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Leesan

-RK_Ki_Biwi- IF-Sizzlerz
-RK_Ki_Biwi-
-RK_Ki_Biwi-

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
@ ALL :-Ba bye guys ...GN ... TC ..See u tomorrow ...Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bandanaaLeesan

Leesan IF-Rockerz
Leesan
Leesan

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bandanaa

@Leesan - Two wrongs don't make it a right i believe. If there were ppl at some point in time bashing some characters, it certainly does not justify others bashing diff characters now imo. If it was worng then its wrong now.

I wasn't around much during the period u are referring to but I am told lot of ppl used to get outraged at that time and used to rush in to support/defend these characters and lamented the bashing and the bashers. Ironically many of the people who took up the cudgels at that time on behalf of those characters,  i am told, have now themselves joined the bashing bandwagon. or are choosing to give tacit support to such ppl by liking their objectionable posts  and generally encouraging them. Sorry but I find that hypocritical. It just shows that there is no difference between those ppl who bashed characters at that time and those who expressed moral outrage and took on them coz many of those vary same ppl are indulging in the same or even far worse kind of bashing now against otehr characters using highly language most of the times. And reg those who talk abt an actors physical attribute - well one may certainly find it silly but at least they are not bashing or abusing anyone. Hence the comparisions are in appropriateSmile

Anyways, no point in getting into a debate on this...as i guess there will be no end to it and we will just go on and on. Big smile

The real problem IMO lies in everyone's perception of the term " bashing". What may be offensive or bashing to one person is not in another persons eyes! And that's why  we have the mods as the inalienable arbiters in these disputes!  Remember what you may find" objectionable" another may not! That's life and we have to accept the differences between us, or let the mods decide ! No moral policing please!!  Wink    Frankly very few members ever came to the defense of those characters I mentioned earlier so the double standards or hypocrisy as you call it existed a longtime ago! And still does! I accept it and move on! 

Doesn't matter really! Criticism of characters is allowed, and whether it qualifies as bashing ??!! Please let the mods decide!! Wink  

By Bandana:"And reg those who talk abt an actors physical attribute - well one may certainly find it silly but at least they are not bashing or abusing anyone. Hence the comparisions are in appropriateSmile"

Once again you are being a bit judgmental re my opinions re these type of posts! Trust me when I have to see/ read these thread titles ad infinitum , I feel abused!!! LOL  So for me the comparison is very appropriate since we both apparently feel abused!!! Wink  

Once again I reiterate, rather than making generalizations on the forum re bashing, you can either decide to debate with the member or report to the mods.  Just try and remember that attacking a fellow member is actually worse than attacking a fictional character, real people vs reel people!  Cheers! 

Pravesh.P

bandanaa Senior Member
bandanaa
bandanaa

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
@Leesan - I am afraid I don't agree with the argument put forth by you.For eg, if calling someone a dirty head or not pretty is bashing, so is calling someone a dog...in fact this qualifies as a clear cut abuse imo. If one chooses to object to the former but ignore the latter, its practicing double stds imo and is a clear case of selective outrage, as some ppl mentioned today in another post.

And escalating stuff to the mods is fine but not the only solution to such a problem. In a forum where there are 100s of members and 1000s of posts made daily, they have their hands full maintaining decorum and need support and cooperation from us members too who shld act responsibly and exercise self  restraint and not attempt to challenge the rules all the time, saying one wld do what one pleases to do regardless of the rules, as some have been doing. And in a similar vein, if we choose to caution new members or infrequent visitors on their conduct we shld do so to those too who we are friendly with but who too are guilty of the same or worse conduct WinkSmile

Anyways, I suggest that we end this here, amicably agreeing to disagree. As I had said before, this kind of a debate has no end and can carry on endlessly. Have a nice daySmile

Edited by bandanaa - 18 August 2013 at 2:49pm

Leesan

pc_pals IF-Sizzlerz
pc_pals
pc_pals

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Anyone home? Smile

Leesan

Leesan IF-Rockerz
Leesan
Leesan

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pc_pals

Anyone home? Smile

Palzee! Hug  What's up Jigri??!! Wink
Leesan IF-Rockerz
Leesan
Leesan

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
By Bandanaa: @Leesan - I am afraid I don't agree with the argument put forth by you.For eg, if calling someone a dirty head or not pretty is bashing, so is calling someone a dog...in fact this qualifies as a clear cut abuse imo. If one chooses to object to the former but ignore the latter, its practicing double stds imo and is a clear case of selective outrage, as some ppl mentioned today in another post.

Leesan: you missed my point here! Though you made my point as well! Wink

The term " dirty head" was offensive to ME but not to most others, I recognized this difference of opinion and chose NOT to report it but handle it directly with the TM . The incident above  to which you refer in the context it was given, was not considered offensive by some either. And that's my point, different people will feel differently on almost everything! Wink    So you have a choice: either debate your pov with the person involved ( as I prefer to do!) , or report to the mods or just ignore as I often do myself. But IMO, trying to tell other members how to feel ,act or what they should do, or calling them hypocritical etc is not helpful. It's looked upon as a form of " moral policing" . By all means feel free to disagree and express your disagreements etc vociferously!  But try and don't be too judgmental or attacking of the person(s) themselves. Say what you have to say without  taking it too personal and without getting too personal in the process!   Trust me we can all learn something from this, me included! Wink  One again, thanks and cheers!! Thumbs Up

Pravesh.P

Go to top