India-Forums

Bade Acche Laggte Hai
Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Trp breakdown :(:( (Page 3)

kaushikbasu IF-Rockerz
kaushikbasu
kaushikbasu

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
I guess people are not getting the logic. It does not matter to a channel if a product is good or bad. To a channel if a product is viable or not commercially. The lower the viewership, lower the revenues they can claim. So if the cost of production for the channels falls below a critical limit they would axe it. Also cost of production does not depend on TRP only remember a Maha Rana Pratap needs a lot more viewership than a saws-bahu saga because the costs involved are much higher. BALH is not the lowest amongst the production value. The star cast involved in the show is pretty expensive. Let us see how long it can hold. But the way the show is progressing soon it is going to be on ventilators. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sb21bhtmaverick53ROSHAN73RghtMndLftBrain

RghtMndLftBrain Groupbie
RghtMndLftBrain
RghtMndLftBrain

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kaushikbasu

I guess people are not getting the logic. It does not matter to a channel if a product is good or bad. To a channel if a product is viable or not commercially. ... BALH is not the lowest amongst the production value. The star cast involved in the show is pretty expensive. Let us see how long it can hold. But the way the show is progressing soon it is going to be on ventilators. 

Good post.

How about asking the CVs to take a cut in salary since they have brought the show down to such a low level? Also RK, since he obviously is too busy to attend shots with ST and is usually in a separate frame...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

maverick53

paaji54 Groupbie
paaji54
paaji54

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kaushikbasu

I guess people are not getting the logic. It does not matter to a channel if a product is good or bad. To a channel if a product is viable or not commercially. The lower the viewership, lower the revenues they can claim. So if the cost of production for the channels falls below a critical limit they would axe it. Also cost of production does not depend on TRP only remember a Maha Rana Pratap needs a lot more viewership than a saws-bahu saga because the costs involved are much higher. BALH is not the lowest amongst the production value. The star cast involved in the show is pretty expensive. Let us see how long it can hold. But the way the show is progressing soon it is going to be on ventilators. 

The thing is I will enjoy it till it is there...Wonder what do people want?we need useless saas bahu drama for a high trp?

Also your logic " The lower the viewership, lower the revenues they can claim" is definitely wrong...Don't take it personally but it is...

If it was the case why did BIGG BOSS season 6 made huge financial losses despite a constant trp of 3.5-4...?This is not my imagination but this was a statement made by CEO of colors himself...This is just one example,you might get many...!regarding breakeven and all,I am a Finance guy,I know all these things but...believe me trps of tv shows and the profits they make are highly uncorrelated...BALH despite of its low trps makes good profits while others with high trps do not...!

Free advice hai lena hai to lo...itna stress mat lo trps ka...enjoy the show as it is...and moreover Plzz don't spread negativity about the show when it is really good...remember you all used to teach me the same...plzzz don't repeat it...Its fantastic now a days...Whats the problem if trps are low?

What matters is that we like it and thats why we watch it...!

If you don't wanna watch,plzzz don't...but plzzz do not do negative publicity...Its a humble request...!This is because you really don't understand and know the dynamics of how the tv industry or even a market operates as evident from your post.

I had no intentions to offend you...Plzzz don't take it personally.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pink27

AashimaP Groupbie
AashimaP
AashimaP

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
The truth is that BALH doesn't have a story now. The story was supposed to revolve around Ram and Priya, all we see is the support cast these days. Its is evident that Ram and Sakshi aren't as much involved in this show as they used to be. Nothing wrong in that as people would always want to move to greener patures.

The thing is, people lost interest in the show during the the seperation non sense that was shown. So they must have started watching something else and when it satisfies them why would they return back?

Also TRPs are not just about the story, it is also about the way things are portrayed that attracts the masses. No offences but watching Ram and Sakshi together these days, apart from being a rarity, is not the same as it used to be. There are way too many bloopers indicating the lack of interest of the crew.

Also when the story doesn't go well, the show starts losing sponsorship which plays a major role in TRP.

Paaji: Its good to see your love for this show. But buddy the truth is hard to digest. Talk about the high TRP shows, they might have insane stupid dramas, but they stick to the story. Also the actors are available all the time. Plus look at those shows, bloopers are a rarity. Agree with you that the indian society is fickle minded one though. But frankly are you interested in seeing Nutz' love story and Pihu's love story when the show is about a certain RaYa's love story?

So it is not just about the simplicity and the reality of the show, it is about the story being on track. BALH deviated from its track in March last yr itself. Ever since it has either been some drama or other.

In my opinion, Ekta should have ended the show gracefully rather than going in for another leap. Ram is way too busy now. It seems he is doing BALh just for the sake of Ekta.

I hope I haven't offended anybody.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

maverick53ROSHAN73superV

Anaya_ IF-Sizzlerz
Anaya_
Anaya_

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
Thanx
pink27 Senior Member
pink27
pink27

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 12:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AashimaP

The truth is that BALH doesn't have a story now. The story was supposed to revolve around Ram and Priya, all we see is the support cast these days. Its is evident that Ram and Sakshi aren't as much involved in this show as they used to be. Nothing wrong in that as people would always want to move to greener patures.

The thing is, people lost interest in the show during the the seperation non sense that was shown. So they must have started watching something else and when it satisfies them why would they return back?

Also TRPs are not just about the story, it is also about the way things are portrayed that attracts the masses. No offences but watching Ram and Sakshi together these days, apart from being a rarity, is not the same as it used to be. There are way too many bloopers indicating the lack of interest of the crew.

Also when the story doesn't go well, the show starts losing sponsorship which plays a major role in TRP.

Paaji: Its good to see your love for this show. But buddy the truth is hard to digest. Talk about the high TRP shows, they might have insane stupid dramas, but they stick to the story. Also the actors are available all the time. Plus look at those shows, bloopers are a rarity. Agree with you that the indian society is fickle minded one though. But frankly are you interested in seeing Nutz' love story and Pihu's love story when the show is about a certain RaYa's love story?

So it is not just about the simplicity and the reality of the show, it is about the story being on track. BALH deviated from its track in March last yr itself. Ever since it has either been some drama or other.

In my opinion, Ekta should have ended the show gracefully rather than going in for another leap. Ram is way too busy now. It seems he is doing BALh just for the sake of Ekta.

I hope I haven't offended anybody.

Well i wld not discuss on the story portion.coz that is very subjective.and a matter of opinion.and let me tell you personal opinion..and nt general opinion!

But i wld like to point out..Even the so called high TRP shows,the story have nvr stuck to the original concept and  are dragging...

But to add on to paaji's post,
He is not posting out of blind love for the show..
He has posted some facts.it is true that big boss makes losses inspite of better TRPs..COlors CEO himself admited it.they run the show..coz it generates a buzz and it does indirectly benefit the channel from the buzz it has generated.and indirectly the other shows get publicity and leverage.and adds on  to the brand value of the channel as an whole..

ALso what is publisized is only the TRP..and that to a national avg comprising of HSM markets(the hindi speaking markets)..

Talking of revenues and making losses,
Let me tell you the niche channels get below 1 and 0.5 TRPs..and some of their shows do hve a moderate to high production cost.

SO judging purely by TRPs..wld we say all the niche channels like Mtv etc are making losses??.Then why the hell they are NOT shutting down??

yes. ad revenues are decided by the TRPS..and the data released to us is an average for the whole of nation.for age grp of 4+yrs and the HSM belt.(and recently TAM has added many small towns in their survey,and post tht sony ratings hv gone dwn,indicating sony is more of an urban channel).

But TAM gives out much more data than what its made public.It gives indicators where a show is popular,what is its target audience...etc etc..
This data is made available to the advertisors and broadcasters.Based on which  the broadcaster decide their content,identify the core audience etc..and the advertisors choose the shows they need to sponsor..

fr eg if i am selling a product which has more consumers from the college going youth...say a trendy phone..or an app like Vchat etc..

i wld chose GUMRAH or Dil dosti dance over DABH. inspite DABH having 4+ TRPs and Gumrah doing below 1.

why wld i do that?? simple. coz a housewife from the hindi speaking belt would not buy a trendy phone and wld nt use the chat application..so wht is the use to advertise my product to her??

Similarly BALH has a loyal urban audience..besides TAM,there are varrious media groups who do market research etc..

And including the ratings, the advertisors follow these market researches and advertise.

i wld like to end only by seconding  to what paaji said.that TRPS are complex.and nt as simple as ppl think and comment on the show making losses etc. and not doing well.

Let the experts worry abt the ratings!!

Edited by pink27 - 19 August 2013 at 12:44am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IM__NBlovelysakshi

pink27 Senior Member
pink27
pink27

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 12:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by superV

Probably we must realise that BALH doesn't have a proper story now. Ekta is running the show just for the sake of it. Had it been on Colors TV, they wouldn't have spared it. 

So lets be thankful to Sony TV and enjoy the show as long as it runs.

NO one in who is  sane would run a show for the sake of it!
neither sony nor EKta.

Bottomline is that its making profits.hence it seen as a long time affair!

They cant make a show only becuse they want to just run it!!nobody does that!

wld i still run my business or stick to aproject if its making losses?? i have employees to pay..too many things at stake.

Edited by pink27 - 19 August 2013 at 12:36am
pink27 Senior Member
pink27
pink27

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 4:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by NandiniSh

no one is interested now in watching rsya kush whatever
now new trp system also gave same result
balh story is exhausted they are just dragging for nothing
but 1 trp is ok for sony ROFL

The TRP system has not been revised.Its been the same.

ONLY a new way of reporting ratings have been devised.and is called as TVT..the ratings are reorpted in thousands and the ad space are rated per thousand point.

earlier it was rated in terms of percentages.

The ratings that have in form of 1.2,1.5 etc are just equivalents of those per thousand nos.

Nothing has changed..only the WAY the ads are charged HAS.

there is NO new TRP syatem whatsoever.

yes but BARC is looking to revamp the system by the mid of next year and have invited vendors(angencies that cld brovide the ratings).

the latest news is TAM (the current ratings agency) is nt been shortlisted.

As i keep on saying.we as layppl are ignorant regarding the ratings buisness and should leave it to the experts.

because our comments only mislead!

and ignorance is much better than halfbaked information.

Edited by pink27 - 19 August 2013 at 4:20am

Go to top