Bade Acche Laggte Hai
Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Trp breakdown :(:( (Page 2)

paaji54 Groupbie
paaji54
paaji54

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jineejiggs

TFS, Sony is not interested in promoting its best serial, that's really sad and shameful, anyways I now seriously doubt what is going with BALH, previous year Amrita saved the leap but this time Aanchal will not be able to pull up that, the leap wasn't needed and new Peehu doesn't fit, RaYa moments and bond of Ram with his twin daughters can save the show, so plz... 
Come on guyzzz

trps shouldn't matter to us as far as we like it...So what trps are low,I am liking the show to the fullest and enjoying it to the core..!

The "slice of life" sort of things doesn't attract much trps in India...Its evident in case of bollywood also where you have junks like dabangg crossing 150 crores and classics like ZNMD not getting the type of benefits they should...

BALH has always been the winner among the critics...It has a different class...You know...

I will explain it to you with the help of a simple case of mobile phones...

"Apple iphones have the best quality among the whole market of mobile phones...but are they the market leaders?no...They are way behind samsung whose products are inferior.This does not mean that apples products have downgraded or there is something wrong in strategy but the thing is that apple just to gain market will not do cost cutting or downgrade its products.It will never compromise on quality like Samsung"

Same way I appreciate Sony's move of not compromising on quality of its shows eben though they have low trps...And moreover as Sonal said there are people much more intelligent than us in Sony.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pink27Sakshiashu

IM__NB Senior Member
IM__NB
IM__NB

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:23am | IP Logged
Well , BALH is not with the lowest TVT Rating (TRP previous one)[update one] 

TVT (TRP) and GVT (GRP) Ratings from 4th August, 2013 to 10th August, 2013(Week 32) 

Balh 's was  2238(2510)  which was highest in Fictional Drama Shows for Sony

Maha Rana Pratap was on Top with 3139(3281)  

In daily category 

Sony

Maharana Pratap 3139(3281)

Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 2238(2510)

Parvaarish 1352(1415)

Anamika 1304(1425)

Amita Ka Amit 1115(1274)

Chhanchhan 916(1048)

Edited by nairitabala1988 - 18 August 2013 at 10:37am

Sakshiashulovelysakshi

superV Senior Member
superV
superV

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:56am | IP Logged
Probably we must realise that BALH doesn't have a proper story now. Ekta is running the show just for the sake of it. Had it been on Colors TV, they wouldn't have spared it. 

So lets be thankful to Sony TV and enjoy the show as long as it runs.

ROSHAN73Sakshiashu

singhalharsh Goldie
singhalharsh
singhalharsh

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by paaji54

TFS, Sony is not interested in promoting its best serial, that's really sad and shameful, anyways I now seriously doubt what is going with BALH, previous year Amrita saved the leap but this time Aanchal will not be able to pull up that, the leap wasn't needed and new Peehu doesn't fit, RaYa moments and bond of Ram with his twin daughters can save the show, so plz...

Come on guyzzz

trps shouldn't matter to us as far as we like it...So what trps are low,I am liking the show to the fullest and enjoying it to the core..!

The "slice of life" sort of things doesn't attract much trps in India...Its evident in case of bollywood also where you have junks like dabangg crossing 150 crores and classics like ZNMD not getting the type of benefits they should...

BALH has always been the winner among the critics...It has a different class...You know...

"Apple iphones have the best quality among the whole market of mobile phones...but are they the market leaders?no...They are way behind samsung whose products are inferior.This does not mean that apples products have downgraded or there
is something wrong in strategy but the thing is that apple just to gain market will not do cost cutting or downgrade its products.It will never compromise on quality like Samsung"

Same way I appreciate Sony'move of not compromising on quality of its shows eben though they have low trps...And moreover as Sonal said there are people much more intelligent than us in Sony.

Bt dear ur this theory doesnt apply here
As soon as serial losse trps

Evryone started taking less interst in it
No sbs sbb bytes
No awards
No praising
No publicity
And everyone degrades the show
And one day sony will end it also

For eg
Dabh is no 1 show
An everyone know its same old saas bahu crap drama
Still it got all praise and awards and all love

So trp is most important
Becuase

Jo bikta hain vi hi dikhta hain

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sakshiashu

NandiniSh IF-Dazzler
NandiniSh
NandiniSh

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 11:12am | IP Logged
no one is interested now in watching rsya kush whatever
now new trp system also gave same result
balh story is exhausted they are just dragging for nothing
but 1 trp is ok for sony ROFL

Edited by NandiniSh - 18 August 2013 at 11:17am

CorruptedColors

paaji54 Groupbie
paaji54
paaji54

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by singhalharsh

Originally posted by paaji54

Come on guyzzz

"Apple iphones have the best quality among the whole market of mobile phones...but are they the market leaders?no...They are way behind samsung whose products are inferior.This does not mean that apples products have downgraded or there
is something wrong in strategy but the thing is that apple just to gain market will not do cost cutting or downgrade its products.It will never compromise on quality like Samsung"

Same way I appreciate Sony'move of not compromising on quality of its shows eben though they have low trps...And moreover as Sonal said there are people much more intelligent than us in Sony.

Bt dear ur this theory doesnt apply here
As soon as serial losse trps

Evryone started taking less interst in it
No sbs sbb bytes
No awards
No praising
No publicity
And everyone degrades the show
And one day sony will end it also

For eg
Dabh is no 1 show
An everyone know its same old saas bahu crap drama
Still it got all praise and awards and all love

So trp is most important
Becuase

Jo bikta hain vi hi dikhta hain

"Jo bikta hain vi hi dikhta hain"

This line is the main problem of Indian society.This line creates the difference between masses and classes.

How come mere indices like trps and all govern or influence our choices?They are bloody numbers..They can not rule you..They can only serve as a reference in case of a tie and nothing else...I am an MBA and then also I am talking like because I know which kind of things sell and which do not.

But the things selling don't necessarily have the respect as some of the non-selling items have...Perhaps because they have their own niche.own segment .How can promotions,tv ads,trps,awards influence our mind yaar?We are all sane and intelligent people.The only thing which is important is whether we like it or not...Whats the point in watching a high trp show when it doesn't suit your taste and you don't enjoy it.

India is a diverse country.Everybody has their own taste and preferences.So set which has higher number of people will definitely reflect dominant in these type of indices.But this doesn't mean that products that cater to sets with lower number of people are not as good as the former ones...The may even be better as BALH is than any other TV show.

Also talking of TV awards-they are HORRIBLY FAKE and manipulated...Notice  a trend..Most no. of awards of an award function go to the top serial of the channel on which awards are being telecasted.
You only tell me-which independent,intelligent person in a jury would rule out RK n ST as leads for awards and select the leads of a crap like DBH and all.

Also after a certain time awards do not matter at all...They are in any case not representative of tour status in your own field.

Let me give you a very familiar example-You all are Indians and might be Sachin Tendulkar fans.
So from the last 4-5 yrs MSD,Hashim Amla,AB de Villiers,Cook,Kohli and many others have been ranked way above SRT in ICC cricket rankings but does this matter?
Still when you ask people who is the best batsman in the world now?What is the most likely answer-Sachin.

Awards and recognitions-How many ICC awards has Sachin won in his career?
3-4,not more than 5-6 in a career of 23+ years...Did it matter in those 17-18 years when Sachin didn't get an ICC award...NO!
He was always in each of the 23 years regarded as best batsman in the world in every match...No matter what the results show.

SImilarly BALH,RK & ST are SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKARS of TV industry...These mere indices and awards aren't in any case representatives of their performances and class. 

pink27Sakshiashu

kaushikbasu IF-Rockerz
kaushikbasu
kaushikbasu

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
I guess people are not getting the logic. It does not matter to a channel if a product is good or bad. To a channel if a product is viable or not commercially. The lower the viewership, lower the revenues they can claim. So if the cost of production for the channels falls below a critical limit they would axe it. Also cost of production does not depend on TRP only remember a Maha Rana Pratap needs a lot more viewership than a saws-bahu saga because the costs involved are much higher. BALH is not the lowest amongst the production value. The star cast involved in the show is pretty expensive. Let us see how long it can hold. But the way the show is progressing soon it is going to be on ventilators. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

maverick53sb21bhtROSHAN73RghtMndLftBrain

RghtMndLftBrain Groupbie
RghtMndLftBrain
RghtMndLftBrain

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kaushikbasu

I guess people are not getting the logic. It does not matter to a channel if a product is good or bad. To a channel if a product is viable or not commercially. ... BALH is not the lowest amongst the production value. The star cast involved in the show is pretty expensive. Let us see how long it can hold. But the way the show is progressing soon it is going to be on ventilators. 

Good post.

How about asking the CVs to take a cut in salary since they have brought the show down to such a low level? Also RK, since he obviously is too busy to attend shots with ST and is usually in a separate frame...

maverick53

Go to top