Chhan Chhan

India-Forums

Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

Let's look at it as a daring experiment (Page 4)

jaya100 IF-Rockerz
jaya100
jaya100

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
My problem with this is that it wasn't that Sanaya picked the wrong role or show but that she wasn't able to succeed in what she set out to attain due to the incompetence and mismanagement of others. If it had been a case of audiences not being able to accept Sanaya in this role I would say that yes she tried but it didn't work out but here due to the channel rushing everything the audiences gave up on the show before it even started. I don't blame Sanaya for wanting to do another show quickly because quite frankly the Khushi image wasn't going anywhere anytime soon especially without another character attached to her name. I know for a fact if CC hadn't happened I would still be living in the world of Sanaya's previous show and might have had a harder time breaking that image in my mind. After all when we focus on one thing it becomes more important. For me Chhan Chhan has gone some way in breaking my reliance on Sanaya's previous show. Sanaya chose to work with an experienced PH and Channel and there was no reason for her to doubt them having the show ready to go in the specified time frame.
The PH did manage to turn the show around but what use was that if the channel failed to promote the changes. When you put a show in the 9pm time slot you have to have the goods to back it up and that takes time to develop. The PH spent more time in picking the dogs for the show than they did the male lead because for some reason the channel felt the show needed to start before IPL. Sanaya's name did it's job by bringing in trps of 1.7 for the opening day and 1.4 for the first week, pretty good considering it's Sony plus opposite DABH, after that it was up to the PH and channel.
I know this will be a minor minor glitch in Sanaya's career but nevertheless it's an unnecessary glitch that could have been a successful run.

Edited by jaya100 - 18 August 2013 at 8:13pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

princessep13SiestashowviewerGodhuliLogonrima

tvbuf IF-Sizzlerz
tvbuf
tvbuf

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
NIce post, Rima.

Sanaya has done well in CC, and her pairing with Anuj really was looking good.

I am quite sad CC wil be going off the air.

Yes, it was great that Sanaya was able to do this role - very different from her previous 2 roles.

Seeing her sad scenes in IPK, I think a tragic role (which SC could have been made into, but wasnt) would look great with this doll !!

My best wishes with you always, Sanaya

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rima

showviewer IF-Rockerz
showviewer
showviewer

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
Good post Rima.

I do not find anything wrong in Sanaya choosing this show or the timeframe in which she decided to come back after her previous show got shut abruptly. No matter when she decided to come back the comparison to her previous hit role would be inevitable, so she had to shed that image sometime to move forward. Waiting and choosing also does not guarantee hits, nobody can put a finger on what clicks or not. Actors do not deliberately set themselves up for failure.

The concept of the show had lots of potential and that is what Sanaya said in her initial interviews and so did another actor of high caliber, Supriya Pathak, who also signed the show. Many things did not fall into place and despite all efforts the show is closing shop. These kind of things happen to every actor, but if one is talented, hard working and refuses to give up success is inevitable. Sanaya will get more opportunities and she is the best judge to decide what she should do and when. She is where she is today because of her choices and hard work so far and in future too she is quite capable of deciding for herself.

As somebody who admires her talent and hard work, I would like to see her succeed in everything but if a setback happens, which is but natural in every human's life, it does not diminish her caliber in my eyes. I wish her all the luck for greater success, fame and more importantly happiness in future.

Edited by showviewer - 18 August 2013 at 10:24pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Siestajaya100GodhuliLogon

OmNaMaSteOm IF-Sizzlerz
OmNaMaSteOm
OmNaMaSteOm

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
Lovely! Darling.

misscrazyfan IF-Rockerz
misscrazyfan
misscrazyfan

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
BANG ON UR POST

U HAVE SQUEEZED OUT THE TRUE INTENTIONS OF SANAYA DECISION OF TAKING CC AND EXPLORING HER TALENT...

UR POST WILL LET TO KNOW  TO PEOPLE WHO THINKS THAT WHY SANAYA HAS TAAKEN CC 
FOR THE COURAGE AND INTENT OF SANAYA TAKING OVER CC I RESPECT HER ALWAYS..

THIS IS THE FIRST POST I AM REPLYING AFTER HEARING HE NEWS OUR CC IS GONNA  BE AXED

I WISH TO C HER IN ALL DIFFERENT ROLES//
meeyaa Senior Member
meeyaa
meeyaa

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
I really wish the show does not go off air at all...for the sake of Sanaya and all others involved...its a decent show and a progressive one...i hope it is just a rumour and we get to see Sanaya more and more as Chanchan...

shonasandy IF-Stunnerz
shonasandy
shonasandy

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
well said...

we want Sanaya back as soon as possible... with bang 
MrDarcyfan IF-Sizzlerz
MrDarcyfan
MrDarcyfan

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
I agree. She tried to do something different after two romance based shows. Took guts especially when fans wanted her in another romance. CC was a good role and a good show. Didn't quite hit the mark, but hey, you don't always get a bulls eye every time!

I await Sanny's return with a bang. I hope she does Nach Baliye! I really want her to do that! 

Edited by MrDarcyfan - 18 August 2013 at 11:14pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vanitha3dspate22

Go to top