Chhan Chhan

India-Forums

Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

Let's look at it as a daring experiment (Page 3)

sarunsashasingh IF-Sizzlerz
sarunsashasingh
sarunsashasingh

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Very nice post Rima.
SANAYA is a fighter and if rumours are to be believed then I know that she will be back with a bang.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lazylad8-FauZiMeeraHKrima

shruathi IF-Dazzler
shruathi
shruathi

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Yes, i agree  with you..
she tried different genre for the first,, I appreciate the thinking of hers to do other than love story which she could do easily:)

this one for Sanaya

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lazylad8-FauZiMeeraHKrima

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Very nice post, rima

An actress has to try to do different things, to explore her range and to widen her own horizons. Sanaya has done many different shades already on tv, from grey to modern to traditional ... from quiet to bubbly and loud ... within the limitations imposed by desi TV, she has already explored quite a wide range. She has dared to experiment and challenge herself , rather than playing safe in roles and shades which she has already done before. I have full confidence she will continue to do so and will be back soon with another different role ... it may succeed, it may fail, but that won't stop her from trying.

I look forward to watching her for the next month in CC ... and then in whatever role she comes back with.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lazylad8-FauZishowviewerGodhuliLogonboltrima

lazylad8-FauZi IF-Dazzler
lazylad8-FauZi
lazylad8-FauZi

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 5:41pm | IP Logged
Sanaya is an amazing and versatile actor...she was brave to attempt this role... Always wishing her th e best!!!!!

Am sure she ll be back with a bang soon, inshaAllah!!!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rima

lazylad8-FauZi IF-Dazzler
lazylad8-FauZi
lazylad8-FauZi

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 5:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rima

Originally posted by kbtr

I think the experiment worked for her.
It's just the audience in India that is not ready for progress.
This show is one that uses intelligence and logic to solve life's challenges. This is a progressive stance compared to the status quo of repression and suppression that is so apparent on Indian TV and for which there is a wide audience.
I love this show. As do many. It's just too bad it is ending. If the rumor is true.
But yeah, kudos to Sanaya, for living her life her way!
Actually it is not true

There were many goof ups
including first choice of hero
the way the tracks were killed
the way they kept changing things

many shows are appreciate in India
if the execution is good

Agree with you Rima, the show lacked execution, wavered from original story, very vague tracks, etc.
What was promised to Sanaya and Supriya was turned around 360...so wishing them both the best in the future!!!!!

rima

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Agree with you Rima. This was an experiment. But I think Sanaya also rushed into a show without giving sufficient time for the Iconic Khushi image to be forgotten by the viewers. Usually successful actress take a break of 6-8 months before they come back in a new show. I have no idea why Sanaya rushed so soon into this project - this may be because the channel pressurized the PH to put the show on air before they were ready. So that was a big drawback and the start itself was very bad with the ex-male lead and the story not being concrete. The PH kept on wavering the story premise from UB/CC clash to romantic show to some saas - bahu show. Next time around, I really hope Sanaya doesn't come in a show this hurriedly. Instead she takes a good short break and then decides to come in a strong show(I mean one which has the groundwork done properly).

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SonaLuvZaSafrima

jaya100 IF-Rockerz
jaya100
jaya100

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
My problem with this is that it wasn't that Sanaya picked the wrong role or show but that she wasn't able to succeed in what she set out to attain due to the incompetence and mismanagement of others. If it had been a case of audiences not being able to accept Sanaya in this role I would say that yes she tried but it didn't work out but here due to the channel rushing everything the audiences gave up on the show before it even started. I don't blame Sanaya for wanting to do another show quickly because quite frankly the Khushi image wasn't going anywhere anytime soon especially without another character attached to her name. I know for a fact if CC hadn't happened I would still be living in the world of Sanaya's previous show and might have had a harder time breaking that image in my mind. After all when we focus on one thing it becomes more important. For me Chhan Chhan has gone some way in breaking my reliance on Sanaya's previous show. Sanaya chose to work with an experienced PH and Channel and there was no reason for her to doubt them having the show ready to go in the specified time frame.
The PH did manage to turn the show around but what use was that if the channel failed to promote the changes. When you put a show in the 9pm time slot you have to have the goods to back it up and that takes time to develop. The PH spent more time in picking the dogs for the show than they did the male lead because for some reason the channel felt the show needed to start before IPL. Sanaya's name did it's job by bringing in trps of 1.7 for the opening day and 1.4 for the first week, pretty good considering it's Sony plus opposite DABH, after that it was up to the PH and channel.
I know this will be a minor minor glitch in Sanaya's career but nevertheless it's an unnecessary glitch that could have been a successful run.

Edited by jaya100 - 18 August 2013 at 8:13pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

princessep13SiestashowviewerGodhuliLogonrima

tvbuf IF-Sizzlerz
tvbuf
tvbuf

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
NIce post, Rima.

Sanaya has done well in CC, and her pairing with Anuj really was looking good.

I am quite sad CC wil be going off the air.

Yes, it was great that Sanaya was able to do this role - very different from her previous 2 roles.

Seeing her sad scenes in IPK, I think a tragic role (which SC could have been made into, but wasnt) would look great with this doll !!

My best wishes with you always, Sanaya

rima

Go to top