Chhan Chhan

India-Forums

Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

Sunny will come back with a bang. (Page 3)

incandescent IF-Sizzlerz
incandescent
incandescent

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 7:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Meera...

Faree u jst stole my words,,superb post..see its ph and channel mistake frm beginiing..

• briging in new comer,
  • starting the shw hastily during ipl..
  • Then big drama abt male lead..no confirmation abt male lead...
  • Rushing with tracks..

One major point ---- Agree with you SANUJ have lot of potential..If this news is true(HAve a hope at corbner of heart Heart)..Its Sony's loss not loss for Anuj or Sanaya..Both are smart they will love on...

Good post dear...ClapStar

Thanks Meera,

Exactly. It's the channels loss. 

Edited by incandescent - 18 August 2013 at 7:54am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

FAYKHAN29shonasandy

MeeraHK Coolbie
MeeraHK
MeeraHK

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 7:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescent

Originally posted by psarada

Every show has its own fate. Some shows work and some don't.

I have mixed feeling towards the closure. I know San will come back in something bigger and better so I am not worried. But at the same time I am sad, because her show is ending way too soon.  

If it was on another channel maybe it would have had a different fate, maybe the treatment of the show would have been different.

The makers put up the show hastily and the channel rushed to launch it.

There were too many mistakes done from the beginning; casting an inexperienced male lead at the beginning, turning it into good vs evil instead of modern vs traditional, not adding enough layers to the character, etc. They corrected many of their mistakes but perhaps it was too late.

The PH made another show with a similar concept in the past and soon they will launch its sequel. That show is still in preproduction stage and they are taking a lot of time in putting it up. What was the need to put up Chhanchhan so hastily? This show had Sanaya Irani, the youth icon which there other show doesn't have. This show had a powerhouse like Supriya Pathak. Sanuj had potential. If they had given it proper attention from the beginning, things would have been different.  

What is it that the channel wants? No matter what the genre of the show, their fiction shows simply don't last. Before everything else, the channel needs to figure out what they want from their shows and what kind of shows they want to air.

I really wished this show had gone on longer because I didn't want Sanaya's show to go off air so soon. But Sanaya is the queen of telly, channels are PHs would line up to sign her.

The fandom is always with her but this is time to support Sanaya even more. Don't be too sad because we know our Sunny girl will be back with a bang. 

Wish her all the best for whatever project she chooses next and I hope the channel and PH does full justice to her talent. 

@Fari:- I agree with you. The show was put on hurriedly and if I compare the treatment of Saas Bina Sasural with this show, I can say very well that Saas Bina Sasural had better track treatment than this show ever had. Given that they are the same PH and same writers, I am unable to fathom as to why the tracks were so shabbily executed here. It was like they were jumping from frying pan into hot oil all the time. That may be because they PH were never concrete on what they were planning to show or what the leads should be or what the show should be concentrated around. Where was the clash of UB and CC till now when that was what they were banking on all this time.

Regarding the ex-male lead, we don't know why he got selected. I am not ruling out nepotism here. Maybe he was selected due to his family connections but if you look at Sanaya's previous statements the show was always between UB and CC and even Anuj said that lot of people didn't think CC was a good idea. So maybe Farhan was the best bet for the PH at that time. That just shows that the PH didn't know what they wanted the story to start from - They could have simply started the show from CC getting married to Manav and then the clash could have been from Day 1. I think the PH tried to do love story to rope in the previous viewers of Sanaya's show and that actually backfired big time on them.

So according to me all in all it was a bad decision on part of Sony and the PH to launch a show without any concrete write up on the blackboard. That being said, not all Sony shows are ill-fated. Take for example Maharana Pratap - It is going great guns and is doing better than Jodha Akbar even though JA is being made as a romantic show. So there are shows that do well on Sony also and if the concept itself doesn't click then there is no way the show would fly even on other channels.

I hope next time around Sanaya takes a good long thought on what she wants to do next and comes in a good show.

Hi Sarada,

I haven't seen SBS but I have mostly heard good things about it and since the PH is highly reputed, one would expect them to have a proper storyline and execute it well. I just fail to understand why the PH and channel rushed with this show, especially when they had such a superb star cast.

I agree that all of Sony shows are not ill fated but they have had a string of flops and off late most of the fiction shows have failed to grab eyeballs.

It is very important for the concept to click but before the launch, the concept of CC sounded good to us too, especially when it was said to be along the lines of Khoobsurat. Maybe they really should have stuck to that. I feel they initially wanted to follow the concept of Khoobsurat, but changed things midway and by the time the show went on floors, they had a vague idea of what they want to show but didn't have well developed storyline.

I just feel very bad for Sanaya, when the narration was done to her she said she it was so wonderfully done and she couldn't say no. So I guess they eventually failed to execute what was narrated to her. 

Regarding the ex-male lead, we don't know why he got selected. I am not ruling out nepotism here. Maybe he was selected due to his family connections but if you look at Sanaya's previous statements the show was always between UB and CC and even Anuj said that lot of people didn't think CC was a good idea. So maybe Farhan was the best bet for the PH at that time. That just shows that the PH didn't know what they wanted the story to start from - They could have simply started the show from CC getting married to Manav and then the clash could have been from Day 1. I think the PH tried to do love story to rope in the previous viewers of Sanaya's show and that actually backfired big time on them. 

even i tht why as previous male lead selected first place..and anuj jst stpped in...he has lot of potential along with sanny which ph and cv's never used...feel bad for anuj and sanaya...they both are smart..will get god shows...

PSharadaincandescent

asyaarshilover IF-Sizzlerz
asyaarshilover
asyaarshilover

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 8:34am | IP Logged
very true
very well written

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescent

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:18am | IP Logged

Originally posted by psarada

Every show has its own fate. Some shows work and some don't.

I have mixed feeling towards the closure. I know San will come back in something bigger and better so I am not worried. But at the same time I am sad, because her show is ending way too soon.  

If it was on another channel maybe it would have had a different fate, maybe the treatment of the show would have been different.

The makers put up the show hastily and the channel rushed to launch it.

There were too many mistakes done from the beginning; casting an inexperienced male lead at the beginning, turning it into good vs evil instead of modern vs traditional, not adding enough layers to the character, etc. They corrected many of their mistakes but perhaps it was too late.

The PH made another show with a similar concept in the past and soon they will launch its sequel. That show is still in preproduction stage and they are taking a lot of time in putting it up. What was the need to put up Chhanchhan so hastily? This show had Sanaya Irani, the youth icon which there other show doesn't have. This show had a powerhouse like Supriya Pathak. Sanuj had potential. If they had given it proper attention from the beginning, things would have been different.  

What is it that the channel wants? No matter what the genre of the show, their fiction shows simply don't last. Before everything else, the channel needs to figure out what they want from their shows and what kind of shows they want to air.

I really wished this show had gone on longer because I didn't want Sanaya's show to go off air so soon. But Sanaya is the queen of telly, channels are PHs would line up to sign her.

The fandom is always with her but this is time to support Sanaya even more. Don't be too sad because we know our Sunny girl will be back with a bang. 

Wish her all the best for whatever project she chooses next and I hope the channel and PH does full justice to her talent. 

@Fari:- I agree with you. The show was put on hurriedly and if I compare the treatment of Saas Bina Sasural with this show, I can say very well that Saas Bina Sasural had better track treatment than this show ever had. Given that they are the same PH and same writers, I am unable to fathom as to why the tracks were so shabbily executed here. It was like they were jumping from frying pan into hot oil all the time. That may be because they PH were never concrete on what they were planning to show or what the leads should be or what the show should be concentrated around. Where was the clash of UB and CC till now when that was what they were banking on all this time.

So according to me all in all it was a bad decision on part of Sony and the PH to launch a show without any concrete write up on the blackboard. That being said, not all Sony shows are ill-fated. Take for example Maharana Pratap - It is going great guns and is doing better than Jodha Akbar even though JA is being made as a romantic show. So there are shows that do well on Sony also and if the concept itself doesn't click then there is no way the show would fly even on other channels.

I hope next time around Sanaya takes a good long thought on what she wants to do next and comes in a good show.

Hi Sarada,

I haven't seen SBS but I have mostly heard good things about it and since the PH is highly reputed, one would expect them to have a proper storyline and execute it well. I just fail to understand why the PH and channel rushed with this show, especially when they had such a superb star cast.

I agree that all of Sony shows are not ill fated but they have had a string of flops and off late most of the fiction shows have failed to grab eyeballs.

It is very important for the concept to click but before the launch, the concept of CC sounded good to us too, especially when it was said to be along the lines of Khoobsurat. Maybe they really should have stuck to that. I feel they initially wanted to follow the concept of Khoobsurat, but changed things midway and by the time the show went on floors, they had a vague idea of what they want to show but didn't have well developed storyline.

I just feel very bad for Sanaya, when the narration was done to her she said she it was so wonderfully done and she couldn't say no. So I guess they eventually failed to execute what was narrated to her. 

Fari, SBS was a good show. They had the character sketch written down to the T and the show ran for 2 yrs. Main thing was they didn't rush any track and didn't introduce any character just for the heck of it. Can you believe it Malti Bhabhi(now Kaumudi in this show) is a pivotal character in the serial and there is a whole back story to her in the show but she was not introduced till it was around 8 months into the show. I loved the way the creatives took each and every character and explored it and gave broad characteristics to the characters with which we could identify.

That's the main reason I could never connect to CC. The characters were never strongly etched and the way they kept on doing the tracks, I couldn't connect to anyone. One time UB was a person who wanted to throw out CC and the next week, she is okay with CC being her bahu and is now working with her. Never was the clash between UB and CC explained properly and never was it shown as to why things are normal now. These kind of things sorry never get the connect with the audience.

The narration may have been good but the PH tried to add too many flavors to the show. Just because Sanaya's previous show was a romantic show, they got an romantic track with SI and FK when actually that was not at all needed. This show was never an romantic show, it was a clash of ideas show. They should have started off with CC's marriage and the clash should have been between UB and CC after marriage. They could have easily sidelined FK if they went this route. But nope they did a hotch-potch job of weaving in a romantic story and that too with FK who was as wooden as anyone can get. Like wise the dog trainer profession was there only for the initial 2 weeks and then it completely disappeared. These kind of things were big blows for the show.

And then after Anuj came, they once again concentrated on the romance part forgetting the main premise of the show. When there were constructive criticism posts on the shift of the story base, the topic makers were targeted as insecure, jealous SaRun fans and what not. That was the main reason I left CC forum because once the show premise itself is gone, that doesn't spell good vibes for the show. The clash was completely buried in the romance aspect and now the show is neither here and neither there.

And this I may have said many times, I think the fans of the actress should let the PH tell their story without giving in their demands. I honestly feel that the PH was pressurized into giving a love story when they never had one on the board just to satisfy the fans demand of Sanaya - the story of the PH was of a saas-bahu clash but the PH tried to make a romantic show which ultimately made the show a Khichdi.

Fandom is a double edged sword and hope the fandom realizes that sometimes it is better to let someone helm the things and they should just enjoy the show. Don't try to be too protective of your favourites least it may harm them in the long run.  I learned this lesson during SI's previous show fiasco.Looking at the things now, with IPK season 2, it is very clear that the channel and the PH never wanted to go ahead with the show after Barun quit but because the fans called and asked for Barun, they found a scapegoat in him and the show closure was pushed off him. So that is why I have decided to follow a show if I like it but never ever I am going to demand for anything. If I like it, I follow or else I change the channels - After all Dekhna hai toh Dekho is a really good advice.

Edited by psarada - 18 August 2013 at 11:00am

temperance12incandescent

xAaliya IF-Stunnerz
xAaliya
xAaliya

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:23am | IP Logged
Nice post HugI hope she choose carefully this time I'm not worried about her cause she's still in great demand even if CC is going off air she's a lovely person and a good actress wish her all the best! hope to see her back with a bang most likely next year time will miss seeing her daily on screen.

I hope she take up some hosting show for the time being.

incandescent

Naz_nisar IF-Sizzlerz
Naz_nisar
Naz_nisar

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:27am | IP Logged
Lovely post..

incandescent

kbtr IF-Sizzlerz
kbtr
kbtr

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:32am | IP Logged
Well said.
Sad the show is going off air. If this is true.
It is a show of intelligence and logic.
Guess the audience in India is not ready for progress.

incandescent

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:32am | IP Logged
Nice post, Fari ... am feeling really bummed out with this news ... lots of things went wrong with the show, the channel rushed it on air before the PH was ready, the whole drama about the male lead and then the disaster we got at first ...

Anyway, it was good to see Sanaya on screen four days a week for six months ... she lights up the screen for me in whatever she does. I will miss her when CC goes off air ... and I am very sure she will be back soon with a bang ... she loves her work and the industry loves and admires her. With her talent, her dedication and hard work, she will always find takers. I will miss Anuj and the SaNuj chemistry though ... ChhanMan are an adorable couple! Hope her next costar is equally good looking and talented, and as dedicated to the show as she is!

incandescentshonasandy

Go to top