Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli

India-Forums

:..Sameer Birthday Thread preparation..: (Page 13)

II.Samrata.II Senior Member
II.Samrata.II
II.Samrata.II

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 12:55am | IP Logged
ameer Dharmadhikari (TOI Photo)He's the suave and polished Siddharth of Main Teri Parchhain Hoon on NDTV Imagine for whom the world revolves around his three kids.

In real life too, Sameer Dharmadhikari is a family man with a five-year-old daughter and a beautiful wife. "So there are a lot of portions of the show I can relate to, specially dealing with the kids," he says with a smile.

Sameer is a familiar face for the viewers " he's done theatre, a few films and a number of commercials but TV happened quite late. "That's because I wanted to start with the right kind of show. I believe the right people make the right shows, so when producer Kavita Barjatya offered me this show I took it up. Also, I wanted a change from the action image I had in films and wanted to do a family-oriented role," he says. Sameer is also glad that this character is very different from the kind of stuff other male actors get to do in soaps.

Sameer, who's done serious films like Agnipankh and Satta, says that he would like to try his hand at comedy as well. "But that would have to be in films. TV comedy shows mein mazaa nahin hai," he says. At the moment, Sameer is working in Ketan Mehta's Rang Rasiya, a Marathi film and is even doing an English movie. "I work 15-20 days a month for the TV show and give around a week to films," he says.

So is there a chance of taking up another show on the small screen? "I'll die if I do more TV!" he laughs, "It's a lot of hard work and I need to spend time with my family as well." Didn't we tell you, he's a family man at heart!

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2008-05-17/tv/27760320_1_marathi-film-small-screen-family-man

II.Samrata.II
II.Samrata.II

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 12:59am | IP Logged

Small screen is power packed

RECHA BAJPAI, TNN Jun 18, 2008, 12.30am IST
(Sameer Dharmadhikari...)

You've seen him as Vivek Chauhan in the Hindi flick Satta and Agnipankh as a dashing Air Force officer and in countless advertisements.

Now actor-model Sameer Dharmadhikari, can now be seen on the small screen in a lead role in the Main Teri Parchai Hu. In a freewheeling chat, Sameer talks about his new projects and his experiences of working on the small and the big screen.

After having established himself in Bollywood, this is Sameer's first stint on TV. And needless to say he grabbed the opportunity for working with the Rajshris. "When Rajshri offered me the role of Sachin Tyagi, I couldn't say no to it because this is a very strong role," says Sameer.

On why he chose to step into the small screen he says, "Today television has become a very strong, power packed and fast growing medium and people have begun recognising TV actors. TV actors have become as popular as Bollywood stars."

Sameer is an old face on the modelling circuit and has done numerous advertisements. He's of the opinion that it's easier for models to migrate to acting, "It becomes a bit easy for a model to shift to acting as people are familiar with his face and the audience-actor connection is established."

He's also of the opinion that apart from this recall factor there is no other added advantage in being a model. "Only hard work can make you a successful actor," says Sameer.

That's just not all. Sameer is also an accomplished Marathi theatre actor. Speaking about his favourite medium he says, "Theatre has its own values. It teaches you how to act with the best expressions. I have worked with the best artists and learned how to be a good actor along with a good human being."

After giving a negative performance in Satta, a pilot in Agnipankh and a good friend in Raincoat, this good looking actor is ready with his new film Mohan Das " A Man Lost in his Own Nation where he's playing the role of a news reader. He is very excited about his new release and talking about his role Sameer says, "It's basically a cameo. I am playing Sonali Kulkarni's boyfriend in the film. It's a small role but a strong one and the most important thing is that I am working with the actors like Sonali Kulkarni and Sushant Singh."

Similar to his on-screen character in the serial which is being aired on NDTV Imagine, Sameer is a dedicated family man. He says that he's do anything for his family, "I love to be with my family whenever I gets some free time. My family is my source of inspiration and gives me the strength to perform in the most difficult situations," he says.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2008-06-18/tv/27759165_1_small-screen-sameer-dharmadhikari-big-screen

II.Samrata.II
II.Samrata.II

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 1:06am | IP Logged
"Rani Lakshmi bai's ongoing track is loosely based on the popular flick P.S I Love You. Sameer Dharmadhikari has been recalled to shoot for the new track after a month. His character of Raja Gangadhar died during the first week of December, last year," informs an actor requesting anonymity. Quite an insipiration, we must say!

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-01-19/tv/28376606_1_flick-rani-lakshmi-jhansi-ki-rani
Ms.S.K. IF-Addictz
Ms.S.K.
Ms.S.K.

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 1:25am | IP Logged
NOTE:   We still need 10 posts in New Section Requests...Post Here
(see page 69) for buddha forum to be opended.  
.TapasYa. IF-Rockerz
.TapasYa.
.TapasYa.

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 7:59am | IP Logged
thanks Ovi for d article
guys Finally got the permission for SD AT
visit *{SameerD AT#1-The King who ruling Our heart}*

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ms.S.K.

Ms.S.K. IF-Addictz
Ms.S.K.
Ms.S.K.