Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

A Late Spring Removed. (Page 103)

aycma98 IF-Dazzler
aycma98
aycma98

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
Another great story comes to an end...
What a journey the two have faced... from hatred to longing to finally love, they have faced many struggles, yet have managed to come out of it to become one... I will miss this story. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

IPK007

tvpal007 IF-Sizzlerz
tvpal007
tvpal007

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
Update on pg 70.Big smile

IPK007

tvpal007 IF-Sizzlerz
tvpal007
tvpal007

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
I am officially depressed with the endCry..
Any other ALS Pankhis interested in petitioning Jenny for multiple epilogues?WinkLOL

IPK007

Rasgulla_sp IF-Stunnerz
Rasgulla_sp
Rasgulla_sp

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 1:15am | IP Logged
"O Wind, If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?" - PB Shelley.

Doesnt this one line spell hope in all its desperate yet at the same time patient glory?

Sometimes spring is delayed... just for a brief period of time until (as you later explained) God ordains that now is the time for the buds lying asleep beneath the burden of snow to wake up and grow... rise towards the warmth shining down on them finally.

I will admit I had a little difficulty accepting Foster and Craven instead of Singh Raizada and Kumari Gupta... But as I continued reading I knew I was reading about ArHi only. There was everything... The chemistry, the initial derision, the smirk, the connect to only the other one, the diabetes, the pining, lifting, the arm holding, just the entire package.. and later also the hospital hug, 'hum jaante hain', You also had an MU where Arnav thinks that Khushi loves someone else (him being Sean and not Shyam), Aman... The list is quite extensive of how you fit in ArHi... our showala ArHi so brilliantly in their Anglo Indian avatar.

What I liked most about your writing is the vivid imagery you created. I live in Mumbai... so connecting to those scenes were easy. I have been to Dehradoon but not to Landour and certainly not in winter when there is a snowfall. But I was with ArHi when the cedar perfumed breeze was blowing their hair, when the cold night air made them shiver, when they were connecting at the cemetery, when they were romancing during Christmas and I was later with them for the spring wedding that Khushi so wanted... at the church, at the dinner at the hotel...everywhere. I have never been to USA but I was with Khushi everytime she was there, be it with her cold as dead husband, her alive yet dead mother or when she was with Branny and Arnav seeing to it that Branny stays alive. Such is the brilliance of your writing.

Branny... another thing which makes me salute an author. This is the fan fiction world. We already love the characters created on the show. But to create a new character and get the audiences to love him is applause worthy. I,for one, absolutely loved Brandon. Bohot cute hain woh. Also, I enjoyed the Arnav-Branny relationship progress almost as much as I loved Arnav-Khushi.

Arnav and Branny will make an awesome father-son duo *wipes tears*... I can already imagine a few years down the line Khushi complaining that Arnav and Branny are so thick they hardly give her the same attention anymore... *wipes more tears*

There are two ways to cope with a malfunctioning relationship, especially one which arises in childhood. Either you learn that to be the only way to deal with relationships in similar scenarios or you decide that come whatever may you wont repeat the same mistakes. I, just like Arnav, believe that Khushi will never be Sandra. She will never treat Branny the way Sandra treated her. True, her self-esteem and her personal worth in her relationship with Arnav has been affected by her mother's indifference over the years... But Khushi learnt just where it hurts when your own mother turns her face away. I will only say Branny is really lucky to have Khushi and Arnav in his life.

Arnav... Khushi is Branny's mother. She loves him, as simple as that. When Branny fell ill suddenly because of a series of innocuous seeming events, and even before when he was born with the defect in his heart... Khushi's pain was also part guilt of the unintended words she had once spoken to Sean... But Arnav? He is not Branny's father... there is no pain for him... He never spoke any ominous words for Branny... there is no guilt... But you can see how he is as much affected, he made every effort to see to it that Branny lives and lives well. Dont I just love Arnav as a father?

However, isnt it ironic? The one person whom everyone had passed a judgement against... the one person who was blacklisted by all, isnt only capable of loving Khushi but also a life attached to her?

I blamed Granny Ruth for what happened between ArHi. I am absolutely against adults meddling with other people's lives just by the virtue of being on the death bed... But later when you explained... yes, it kinda justified... Khushi's mother had long since abandoned her. Aunt Ruth didnt want Khushi to be a dependent orphan. Similarly, Sean's mother is to be blamed too. She sacrificed Khushi to secure what she wanted for herself and her son. But mothers like them do exist. Kya kar sakte hain?

Dawn, Mark, Adam, Aunt Janice and Aunt Rachel were all important but good characters who did their own bit for the ArHi story. (Unlike GECs I do not believe we have all time twitching and big bindi wearing villains and vamps lurking around in any and all aspects of our lives. Bas!)

A Late Spring is a wonderful story of Arnav and Khushi who struggle during the winter of their lives, fight demons real and imaginary, make their lives respectful, independent and useful in their own different ways, till the God above decides it is time for spring. Spring isnt eternal just like chilly winters arent. There will be scorching summers, unexpected autumns and sometimes a deluge of rains too. But I am secure with the knowledge that Arnav Khushi and Branny are together to weather any storm that Fate throws their way Wink

Thank  you for sharing it...

PS: I read the story from phone. I need to like all the chapters. I will do so asap. I hope by the time you read this comment I would have done that.

Edited by Rasgulla_sp - 03 September 2013 at 11:01am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IPK007-HEAVEN-

angel568 Newbie
angel568
angel568

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 1:46am | IP Logged
hey jenny ur ff is awsome i hv just joined IF n yours is the first  ff i hv read its simply fablousTongue

IPK007

addictedx53 Senior Member
addictedx53
addictedx53

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 5:13am | IP Logged
Its perfect! It has such a good feel, this pure love story that lasted so many years in spite of so much pain &sacrifice. Arnav, so endearing & steadfast, Branny cute, & Khushi, soft, hopeful & full of love! In front of all your stories, obviously, the words will just not be adequate for lesser readers like me. This story had a special pathos because Arnav still loved Khushi inspite of the decisions she had to make, in spite of the years that lapsed!

IPK007

leanne_1983 IF-Dazzler
leanne_1983
leanne_1983

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Such a wonderful ending to a beautiful story. Thanks for writing it and entertaining us. I enjoyed every bit.

Edited by leanne_1983 - 01 September 2013 at 9:47am

IPK007

anonyasr Goldie
anonyasr
anonyasr

Posted: 01 September 2013 at 9:30am | IP Logged
A great journey. Lovely story. Beautiful writing. Thank you.

IPK007

Go to top