Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon
Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

Rishbala OS: Ijaazat Part 2 updt Pg4

mimibm Senior Member
mimibm
mimibm

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 8:49pm | IP Logged

Rishbala OS: Ijaazat

Rishabh was shuffling the pages of the business magazine. It was another two hours before the flight would land in New Delhi. Rishabh looked at his mother who was sleeping in the cubicle across the aisle. The service in the first class cabin was as usual; still he could not take rest for a moment. The face of his elder brother Karan flashed in his mind whenever he tried to close his eyes. "Why Bhai, why? Why did you have to go away so far from us?" He checked the lone tear that was at the verge of trickling down.

Rishabh Kundra was now the sole owner of the Kundra Steels, a renowned business empire in the metal industry of Europe. His elder brother Karan, who was an equal share partner in their business, had been estranged from them. Six years ago when Rishabh was doing his management studies in US, Karan had come to India for some merger business, and after that he never went back to his family in London. He had fallen in love with some ordinary girl, belonging to a low-middle class family, and decided to marry her. Radha Kundra, Rishabh's mother, was dead against this relationship and had threatened her elder son of alienating him from the family name and property. Rishabh never understood why his Bhai became so adamant and severed all ties with his family for that average girl. Today they were going to Delhi to see his brother for the last time, to bid him farewell forever, as his last rites were to be held in some cremation ground of Delhi.

Madhubala was staring at the burning pile of logs. The smoke coming out of the fire was dissipating in the air, spreading out the remains of her husband in the emptiness of the atmosphere. Her four-year old son Aadi was clinging to her legs, sobbing uncontrollably. "You came to my life unannounced, made it as beautiful as a fairy tale, and then left me just like that. So selfish of you Karan! Who gave you the right to make my ordinary life so special that now I cannot imagine this life without you? How will I breathe Karan? You have taken away all my vitality with you," cried Madhu as she clasped on to Aadi's shoulder tightly.

A black BMW stopped in front of the cremation ground and Rishabh came out holding his distressed mother. Radha broke down seeing the burning pyre. Rishabh embraced her and tried to console her. After the rites were completed, he noticed a lean woman in a white salwar suit with a small child standing at a distance from them and looking abstracted. Was it the same woman who had beguiled his Bhai and distanced him from his family? An instant loathing aroused in Rishabh's mind for her.

"I want my grandson at any cost Rishabh. Mere ijaazat ke bina woh Karan ke life me aayi thi. That witch snatched away my son from me. I cannot let her snatch away my son's only nishaani," declared Radha in a stern voice. "Mom, I can understand your concern, but it means we will have to get into legalities and that can take time," replied Rishabh, trying to appease her temper. "I don't know how you are going to do that Rishabh. I suppose you have earned millions in the business so far which could get all these done pretty soon," saying so Radha left the room.

The Kundras lodged a case claiming Aadi's custodianship against Madhubala Kundra. In order to prove her inability in properly bringing up Aadi, Kundra's solicitor resorted to false evidences and witnesses who ascertained Madhubala as a promiscuous woman. Radha did not want to leave any stone unturned to get her grandson to herself. After the third hearing, Madhubala approached Kundra's solicitor and told him she was ready to give up her son's custodianship to Radha and Rishabh Kundra. "Very good Mrs. Kundra. What amount of money would you settle for?" asked the solicitor. Madhubala stared at him blankly and softly spoke, "I am talking about my son, Mr. Juneja. He is not a saleable object whose price I would ask for in return. He is a Kundra by birth, and he will be living with his family henceforth."

This was completely unexpected for Rishabh. While his mother was enjoying her so called victory, Rishabh pondered over why a woman coming from a needy background would not ask for money when she could have earned a fortune. For the first time he felt like meeting and knowing her upfront.

"You can call me Madhubala, I know calling Bhabi would be difficult for you," said Madhu. Rishabh was observing her minutely. Although she belonged to a class far below his own, she had a dignified demeanor often missing in people he was accustomed to. "I am really thankful to you Madhubala, that you readily accepted our demand and agreed to give up Aadi's responsibility," said Rishabh. Did he see a slight smile on her face? Madhu was looking at him straight. "I am thankful to you Mr. Rishabh Kundra, that you could engender so much love and affection for my son so readily, whose existence was not even known to you before coming to Delhi."

Some legality was still pending, and Aadi's visa application would take few more months. Radha and Rishabh moved to their ancestral house in Chanakyapuri from the five-star hotel. Rishabh decided to stay these months in India and operate his business remotely. He was getting fonder of Aadi with every passing day. Aadi was a very understanding child, never nagging for anything. Even at this early childhood, he was matured enough to understand the dynamics of his relationship with his mother and this new family. He was given all expensive toys and taken to amusement parks every other day. Still Rishabh could perceive the child's latent agony for his mother's absence.

One day Rishabh took Aadi with him on a long ride. On their way back home, he asked the child, "Mummy se milna chahoge?" The bright smile on Aadi's face and the brilliance of his eyes answered Rishabh's question. As they entered the not-so-posh neighbourhood of Mahipalpur, Aadi guided him to the tenements where he had been living with his mother. Madhubala was surprised to see her son and Rishabh at her door. "Uhm, hi Madhubala, we were just passing by the expressway so thought to come and say hi to you, hai na Aadi?" Aadi was too excited to see his mother after so many days. He jumped onto Madhu's lap and held her tight. "If you are not busy, can you join us for a short tour and dinner? With Aadi and me only," asked Rishabh. For some unknown reason he wanted to be a witness of this blissful mother-son bond. Even Madhu did not feel like refusing him on his face.

After many months Madhu was having such a nice time. She was smiling and playing and enjoying every moment with her son. Rishabh too cherished her company. He was getting more and more convinced of her attributes, the ones that must have held Karan back to India, away from London, away from his family. Then onwards it became a practice for Rishabh to take Aadi for a long ride twice or thrice a week, and every time stopping at Mahipalpur to say hi to Madhu.

"What do you do for living Madhubala?" Rishabh asked one day. "You mean other than sleeping around with every guy I meet?" asked Madhu, pointing to the false allegations that were thrust on her during the trials. Rishabh's face reddened with embarrassment. "I am a teacher in the primary school," said Madhu. "I have many friends in Delhi in esteemed positions. I can get you a good job.." "Rishabh, please stop patronizing me. I am more than happy that you are taking proper care of my son. I do not expect or desire any favour from you." And Rishabh understood that Madhu's self-esteem was much more precious to her than any material benefit.

Isn't his smile too similar to Karan? Why not, they were brother after all! But Karan's features were much softer than Rishabh. And his nature was also not so domineering like Rishabh. Madhu irked at her own stupidity. Why was she trying to compare Rishabh to her deceased husband? They were two different persons, one who belonged to her and the other who was not even distantly related to her. Her thought was interrupted by the loud ringing of her phone. "Hello, who is this?.. Police station?.. Aadi Kundra? What happened to Aadi? I am coming right now."

Aadi had been playing with the servants at the terrace when the ball fell off the railing. Aadi was leaning against the railing to see where the ball had fallen, when the old rusted iron buckled under his weight and he fell from the terrace on to the ground. Rishabh was standing like statue, staring at the lifeless body of Aadi. Why did he leave Aadi alone with the servants at home? Why could he not take him to his friend's place? How could he fail to keep his Bhai's only nishaani safe? And alive?

Madhu rushed inside the Chanakyapuri police station. She was told Aadi had some accident. Then why police station? Why not hospital? As she stepped into police station, the small body covered in white sheet caught her attention. What is it? Who is it? "Daayan, tu phirse aa gayi?" shouted a hysteric Radha seeing Madhu's petrified form. Madhu fainted and fell on the ground. "Mere bete ko kha ke shanti nahin mili tujhe? Mere pote ko bhi ugal liya?" Rishabh was brought to his senses by his mother's acrid remarks. He noticed Madhu lying on the floor senseless. He rushed to her aid. "Nahin Rishu, stay away from her," panicked Radha. "Shut up Ma, just shut up. Madhu has lost her son, and Aadi was our responsibility. We were supposed to take care of his well-being. We failed Ma, we failed to keep Bhai and Madhu's son alive!" He lifted up Madhu and took her outside.

Six months had passed after Aadi's accident. The Kundras had returned to London, empty-handed. Rishabh had sold off more than half of his properties and donated the money to a charitable trust in India who looked after orphans. He had even left his mother's house in London, and moved in a separate 2-bedroom apartment. Every day was a new punishment for him. His guilt was killing him from inside. When he could not take any more, he decided to go back to India.

Madhu was teaching in her class when the peon came and told she had a visitor. Madhu was surprised to know that even she could have a visitor. After her class was over she went to the visitor's room. At first she could not recognize Rishabh from his back, as he was not wearing the expensive suits he used to wear before. "Madhu, how are you?" asked Rishabh as he approached her. Madhu was too shocked to react. "What do you want now Rishabh? I have given you everything I had. What else do you want now?" Madhu did not realize that her volume had risen higher than usual. "Madhu, can we talk somewhere else please. Not in your school," pleaded Rishabh. Madhu lowered her head and followed him outside.

Madhu was looking pale; her eyes were surrounded by dark circles. Rishabh scrutinized her face but could not see a speck of the old Madhu he had seen playing with Aadi. She was moving like a life-less robot, her sole reason of existence was lost. Rishabh held her hands and very slowly uttered, "Madhu, I have no words to ask for your forgiveness. I have failed you miserably. But give me one chance. Come with me Madhu, marry me." His last words fumed Madhu and she glowered back, "So Mr. Rishabh Kundra, the sole owner of Kundra empire, you have come to give me back my life? Ijaazat de rahe ho mujhe jeene ki?" Rishabh lowered his eyes while keeping his hold firm on her hands, and waited for the storm to pass over.

Part 2: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3705527&PID=90444989&#90444989

My other works:

SS: And then he kissed me..http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3688690&PID=89228476&#89228476

SS: Upakhyana..a short tale of love http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3693077&PID=89506306&#895063

OS: Chalte chalte :http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3707521&PID=90373391&#90373391

OS: Colourblind: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3712690

Edited by mimibm - 24 August 2013 at 8:10pm

The following 52 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanAakshithaAprnaalivelyrose90hima32benazbonhishikhaDazlingdivyasnehakapoorArjunKiAshZ-a-p-p-e-dzelja89rinku06revathinairkishlay95Chaapa93aliyaangelmoumita.madhuparimaniyaaDarkAngelakankshasehgalrevti21chiki143sani9226mansiahmedlovermgaan-rish4ever4loveShazzieamrithasGOODLUCKANGELarunsunita_gmvishuv-Snow-White-karamjeet.Harini.Suhana Ahmedcool_sri__smita__war_is_peace-SmexyGhost-asyaarshiloverSHINYSHREYAsusan7adventure_gurlbook.wormPadfoot_Prongspunam2712PristineSoulmemad.Mohabbatein.trolldemort.

kishlay95 Senior Member
kishlay95
kishlay95

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
Nyc one
But pls continue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mimibm

mimibm Senior Member
mimibm
mimibm

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kishlay95

Nyc one
But pls continue

Thanks for liking it, but I am sorry, I would not be continuing this OS anymore, as I had conceived the ending like this only..Embarrassed

kishlay95

SHINYSHREYA IF-Sizzlerz
SHINYSHREYA
SHINYSHREYA

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
Very nice OS. Clap Plz continue it.

mimibm

revathinair Senior Member
revathinair
revathinair

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
Wonderful OS..realy emotional

mimibm

revti21 Goldie
revti21
revti21

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
Nice os...bt pls give it a proper ending...

mimibm

kishlay95 Senior Member
kishlay95
kishlay95

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mimibm

Originally posted by kishlay95

Nyc one
But pls continue

Thanks for liking it, but I am sorry, I would not be continuing this OS anymore, as I had conceived the ending like this only..Embarrassed

Thats ok...sometimes incomplete stories are better than completed ones Thumbs Up

mimibm

tanuja.siri Goldie
tanuja.siri
tanuja.siri

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
Emotionally well knitted plot.but would love to read another part to it.

mimibm

Go to top