Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

History of Ruqaiya sultan & Akbar's wedding! (Page 3)

doyelpakhi Goldie
doyelpakhi
doyelpakhi

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 12:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Krittz

Originally posted by smile.sara

Originally posted by anayakhan10

Your welcomeSmileYeah Akbar will have his only child from Jodha & Ruku will be barren!

absolutely not salima sultan was also mother of akbars son who died at 13

Akbar had three sons that survived beyond infancy. Salima was the mother of Shahzada Murad Mirza. Don't know if they are going to show that or not Ouch

But according to Jahangir, mother of both Murad and Daniyal were concubines.

Would Jahangir call Salima a concubine? Confused Or was it wrong translation of Jahangir nama? Wink

starzyasha Goldie
starzyasha
starzyasha

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 3:59am | IP Logged
tfs...
mystic786 Senior Member
mystic786
mystic786

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 4:09am | IP Logged
@ purple  Has this line been added by you or by someone else? Because this is not correct nor true, there is no such line in Akbar's statement. Akbar made this statement in his early middle age long after he married Jodha or Harkha. When he said he regretted marrying again after Ruqaiya it includes all of his other wives meaning Jodha as well. 

Btw Salima was the mother of Sultan Murad Mirza there is absolutely no doubt about that. Daniyal was born of a concubine. Akbar's eldest sons were the twins Hassan and Husayn who died in infancy.

Akbar's profound love and affection for his wife came to the fore in his early middle-age, when he stated that had he been wiser earlier in his life, he would not have married more than once till he met Jodha Bai (Harka Bai).

Edited by mystic786 - 18 August 2013 at 4:23am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

doyelpakhi..KarnaKriti..

SHARBI_NISHKA Senior Member
SHARBI_NISHKA
SHARBI_NISHKA

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 4:20am | IP Logged
tfs

vintage_12 Goldie
vintage_12
vintage_12

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 8:34am | IP Logged
I didn't own any bit of it, actually I was just googling about their wedding & I got it so i decided to post it Smile And TFS for telling I was un aware about Jalal's other children! Smile
lilsprite Groupbie
lilsprite
lilsprite

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mystic786

@ purple  Has this line been added by you or by someone else? Because this is not correct nor true, there is no such line in Akbar's statement. Akbar made this statement in his early middle age long after he married Jodha or Harkha. When he said he regretted marrying again after Ruqaiya it includes all of his other wives meaning Jodha as well. 

Btw Salima was the mother of Sultan Murad Mirza there is absolutely no doubt about that. Daniyal was born of a concubine. Akbar's eldest sons were the twins Hassan and Husayn who died in infancy.

Akbar's profound love and affection for his wife came to the fore in his early middle-age, when he stated that had he been wiser earlier in his life, he would not have married more than once till he met Jodha Bai (Harka Bai).

Hello, I just watch the show and know nothing of Akbar's history. However, would appreciate if you can clarify - wasn't Salima Bairam Khan's wife? I thought her son was Bairam's son? So does that mean that Akbar actually had a son with her? I know it's different times and all, but wouldn't that be like sleeping with your mom (or father's wife, since BK was like a father to him)? I apologize in advance for my ignorance... thank you!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

smile.sara

smile.sara IF-Sizzlerz
smile.sara
smile.sara

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lilsprite

Hello, I just watch the show and know nothing of Akbar's history. However, would appreciate if you can clarify - wasn't Salima Bairam Khan's wife? I thought her son was Bairam's son? So does that mean that Akbar actually had a son with her? I know it's different times and all, but wouldn't that be like sleeping with your mom (or father's wife, since BK was like a father to him)? I apologize in advance for my ignorance... thank you!

first of all there is absolutely no need of apologize...  i knew so many things about Mughal era and i found first time from this forum about Bakhshi Bano first marriage n her first husband. so dont feell sorry at all.

In Islam the foster relations have no significance value in the sense of marriage...like if a boy n girl are foster brother sister then girl can marry with the brother his foster brother and vise versa... in reality even BK was not really Akbar's foster father he was his teacher n fatherly figure, reagent of his empire. Salima sultan was very younger than BK he was 35+ when dies salima was 22 - 24.. she  was also Akbar's first cousin and mughal princess... their marriage was not naam ki shaadi as shown in this show. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lilspritedlipAnjanaYYZ

vintage_12 Goldie
vintage_12
vintage_12

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by smile.sara

Originally posted by lilsprite

first of all there is absolutely no need of apologize...  i knew so many things about Mughal era and i found first time from this forum about Bakhshi Bano first marriage n her first husband. so dont feell sorry at all.

In Islam the foster relations have no significance value in the sense of marriage...like if a boy n girl are foster brother sister then girl can marry with the brother his foster brother and vise versa... in reality even BK was not really Akbar's foster father he was his teacher n fatherly figure, reagent of his empire. Salima sultan was very younger than BK he was 35+ when dies salima was 22 - 24.. she  was also Akbar's first cousin and mughal princess... their marriage was not naam ki shaadi as shown in this show. 

Thats absolutely okay! Smile And thankyou Sara for the explanation!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lilsprite

Go to top