Saraswatichandra

India-Forums

Saraswatichandra
Saraswatichandra

Alcoholics need Rehab- makers pls be practical (Page 3)

S.Stephy IF-Rockerz
S.Stephy
S.Stephy

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
I agree... Kumud is no expert on treating alcoholism. The BDs already made a mistake by getting Pramad married  in order to reform him instead of seeking professional help... now the right thing would be if atleast Kumud seeks the necessary professional help to deal with these issues.. rather than just relying on 'sacrifice' and 'love' to magically work wonders...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

wikileaksSC-IPK1-WwisherSiri22MrDarcyfan

Siri22 IF-Dazzler
Siri22
Siri22

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
Agree.

Not sure what the makers are thinking? And all the Desais rememebring how brave Kumud was?Confused

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

wikileaksSC-IPK1-WwisherMrDarcyfan

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
Good topic SC WW

Pramad not only needs rehab to detox but he needs psychiatric help too..His drinking issues have a lot to do with how his dysfunctional his family is and how he has been treated.  Pramad must  take responsibility in his own actions once he became an adult but rest of the family also has played hugh part in Pramad's turning out the way he is..His self esteem, confidence and Manhood has been destroyed by his own father and sister. Mother has spoiled him to compensate the other two..OuchEmbarrassed

I call Pramad a Rebel and drinking misbehaving out of spite towards his family.  Kumud has nothing to do with it..

He is using Kumud as an object to hurt the family as he did not want to marry anyone but family especially father forced him to marry and bringing Kumud in the family as a bahu to solve Mr. Dharmadhikari's problems (A bigda huva son) Shocked

Kumud is supposed to reform Pramad.  Kumud or any other woman who would have ended up being DIL of Dharmadhikari family would have been taken for granted and assumed to reform Pramad.

The whole family needs counseling, Pramad needs counseling and rehab.

Kumud needs to basically move away from this family until all  this happens and decides whether she wants to take Pramad as husband or annull the marriage.

No need for Saras to help her...She has a Desai family who an help and support her..But b4 they truly can help they all need to understand the Psyche Pramad has and what are his trigger points in drinking..Alchoholism and  emotional issues connected.  Desai family and Kumud are not equipped to handle this. They are no Professionals by any means.

SLB quit showing Kumud as Doctor or Jhansiki rani who can handle it all as she is Pramad's wife...NO SHE CANT.

Show some reality with real life issues like Domestic violence, Dysfunctional family and Alchoholism.

Edited by Dabulls23 - 18 August 2013 at 8:06pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

wikileaksSC-IPK1-WwisherS.StephyInfofanMrDarcyfan

MrDarcyfan IF-Sizzlerz
MrDarcyfan
MrDarcyfan

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
Alcoholism and domestic violence cannot be resolved through love and understanding, but through rehab and therapy. Love and understanding can be a part of it, but not the sum total! 

Therefore, they need to show Pramad getting the help,he needs! Kumud can't resolve his problems, only professionals can. She needs to get real. The man doesn't want a bar of her and has been sleeping with a maid to boot! What more does she want to see before she realises that she needs to move on?

I don't mean that she needs to get back with SC, but she needs to get on with HER life!!

wikileaksSC-IPK1-WwisherInfofanDabulls23

ReenBean Senior Member
ReenBean
ReenBean

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
What Kumud is doing is not mahan in anyway! She is acting like an uneducated village girl. She is nice for wanting to help him and try to make their relationship work, but that would be by getting him medical rehab help, not trying to be a strong woman who must keep her honor intact for her family!

wikileaksSC-IPK1-WwisherMrDarcyfanDabulls23

SC-IPK1-Wwisher Senior Member
SC-IPK1-Wwisher
SC-IPK1-Wwisher

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 8:05am | IP Logged
@ kiranpreethee

>>>>>>I agree with you that we are hoping that they will come up with a more sensible and realistic track. In my opinion, discussions by forum members have not been ignored and the makers have made appropriate changes. However, it is important to discuss our concerns.

In this regard, I would like to mention that some time back I had discussed Kalika's outfits. Kalika got my attention more than jenny in shots when kalika and Jenny were together. Very soon Kalika's outfits changed to Ghagra, the high shiny heels were gone and her makeup got a bit darker. I could notice that difference clearly. Well, there have been other changes as well, but restricted my discussion to one example because it was a bit funny to me. 

Edited by SC_wellwisher - 19 August 2013 at 8:21am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

wikileaksMrDarcyfan

SC-IPK1-Wwisher
SC-IPK1-Wwisher

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by S.Stephy

I agree... Kumud is no expert on treating alcoholism. The BDs already made a mistake by getting Pramad married  in order to reform him instead of seeking professional help... now the right thing would be if atleast Kumud seeks the necessary professional help to deal with these issues.. rather than just relying on 'sacrifice' and 'love' to magically work wonders...

>> I Agree with your thoughts. 
We are not living in a age when the novel was written. With time we do know that alcoholics need rehab. Can  the shows be updated with time? Kumud is an educated girl and she should be aware about it. Helplines are set up for indivuduals and their families dealing with alcoholism  ( if I am correct, as shown in Satyameva Jayate).

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

wikileaksMrDarcyfanInfofan

SC-IPK1-Wwisher
SC-IPK1-Wwisher

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 9:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dabulls23

Good topic SC WW

Pramad not only needs rehab to detox but he needs psychiatric help too..His drinking issues have a lot to do with how his dysfunctional his family is and how he has been treated.  Pramad must  take responsibility in his own actions once he became an adult but rest of the family also has played hugh part in Pramad's turning out the way he is..His self esteem, confidence and Manhood has been destroyed by his own father and sister. Mother has spoiled him to compensate the other two..OuchEmbarrassed

I call Pramad a Rebel and drinking misbehaving out of spite towards his family.  Kumud has nothing to do with it..

He is using Kumud as an object to hurt the family as he did not want to marry anyone but family especially father forced him to marry and bringing Kumud in the family as a bahu to solve Mr. Dharmadhikari's problems (A bigda huva son) Shocked

Kumud is supposed to reform Pramad.  Kumud or any other woman who would have ended up being DIL of Dharmadhikari family would have been taken for granted and assumed to reform Pramad.

The whole family needs counseling, Pramad needs counseling and rehab.

Kumud needs to basically move away from this family until all  this happens and decides whether she wants to take Pramad as husband or annull the marriage.

No need for Saras to help her...She has a Desai family who an help and support her..But b4 they truly can help they all need to understand the Psyche Pramad has and what are his trigger points in drinking..Alchoholism and  emotional issues connected.  Desai family and Kumud are not equipped to handle this. They are no Professionals by any means.

SLB quit showing Kumud as Doctor or Jhansiki rani who can handle it all as she is Pramad's wife...NO SHE CANT.

Show some reality with real life issues like Domestic violence, Dysfunctional family and Alchoholism.

>>>>>Really good insight into Pramad's psyche as well as the complicated BD family. However, they have a smarty among them and that is Pramad's sis. She again raised the issue regarding, VC getting Kumud married to Pramad at such short notice. Here she is clearly giving her family the upper hand over VC family and will fight aggressively when the time comes to save her family Izzat. Here there will be a cash between SIL and Kumud each standing  up for their parents.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

wikileaksDabulls23

Go to top