enigmatic_zephy thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Alright as promised to a few, and dedicated to you ( you know who you are)... here's the review πŸ˜ƒ

This is a LU so plz be patient with the typos and grammar...and flow.. πŸ˜†

**********************************************************************************************

Interactions:
  • So Mr. Sharma is launching an album.. a talented guy.. πŸ˜†
  • KS is cute: Instead of welcoming he goes like " aa jaao aa jao get ready for elimination πŸ˜†"
  • Quote Unquote: "Fans ne shaan and sid dono ko nahi bachahye"... ( BTW first look, that blue dress is cute πŸ˜† but sirf upper half dekha abhi tak)
  • Shaan, Sid, Sana and Mukti...all in danger zone.. lol...'S' gang ki bajane wali hai future mein..πŸ˜ƒ.. anyway mother son jodi ki ladai hogi aaj...( use your grey cells why i called them what i called them πŸ˜‰)

• Kapil production logo..bwahahahahah...he is truly a gem of comedy..
  • Ek maths ki problem padhai jaati thi..train passing through a tunnel..aur english mein ek proverb hai..abt a light at the tunnel..that's what i feel nowadays...JDJ (9-10...andhera kaala tunnel)..comedy night...( light at the end of the tunnel).. πŸ˜†

• So i didn't know DJ Mix is the theme..sounds good..and this is first on TV screen...
  • SOMEBODY KILL ME..Did JDJ actually INNOVATE πŸ˜†..am I actually gonna praise colors today...NAHIIINNN...
  • KS and MP have made Sid inot Happy singh..what jokes? lol..random..

Scoreboard:
DD=22
Shaan=24
Sana=26 (Hip Hop)
kids: 25
Lauren: 30  (Robotics Garba)
Mukti: (Hip Hop) Plz confirm..

Score:
Theme, Dance, Expressions
1=below expectation, 2=meet expectation, 3=exceed, 4=outstanding..

Performances

Drashti:

• Hmm..
  • Good things first: 
    • Dress is very nice..but then i like electric blue..
    • She was happy today dancing... this is the ONLY time i have felt she was genuinely enjoying it...expressions the..
    • Energy level not bad...
  • And the other side of the coin..
    • WTH was that.. such awesome songs..with so much beats..its a remix...its on stage..you can't get better song than this..and such horrid choreography..
    • Actually let me say, there was no choreography..
    • Dance - DD- what she did today..she wud have done on introduction day..and now you can see why her growth as a dancer is zero..and i think the onus of this lies not with her but with her choreographer..he should have invested in her..taught her styles..
    • DD's steps are extremely simple- the reason i say simple is to give you context for my next statement- now watch the very first step she did again..and pay attention to her hsoulders and hands...
    • I reinstate, this woman cud have easily been turned into an awesome dancer..but alas that never happened...all these weeks wasted over keeping her close by not having confidence in her..by not pushing her to test her limits..
    • In short, this performance is what you and I would do in a nt club where we have no space..so we can't do much..where we have been dancing for 3 hrs straight so now we are down on energy hence moving our limbs thoda thoda...it was a non dancer dance...definitely not a competition dance...( And no!..that does not go with the theme...don't come back and say the theme was nt club..it is a competition stage..so if you are walking , make sure your walks are crisp too..and there is style in it..)
    • BTW.. DD has inherent style..What a waste what a waste.. as a dancer i am not sure if salman was the best thing to happen to her..from learning perspective..or maybe..salman is the best thing..given she is not committed to this show and doesn't devote time.. I don't know..WHATEVER.. The FIRST time that they attempt to do pure dance minus the acrobatics...they fail miserably...
    • Theme: 1 ( this is for the choreography), Dance: 1 ( no crisp movements, no clear lifts, nothing), expressions: 2 ( for the dance...their expressions and energy was decent..i do not have issues there..but nothing to say it was exceptional)
    • =4/12
  • Dear so lovingly named HM:
    • Aaj to record kar lo show...
      • Madhuri: " Aaj pehli baar Drashti aur Salman, aapne pure dance kiya hai"
      • Remo: Aaj aapne pure dance kiya...
      • KJo: Drashti aaj mein aapse khush nahi hun 
    • Diwali jaldi aa gayi aapke liye? πŸ˜†
  • @DD:
    • Ques: "Hum bahut mehnat kar rahe hain", "Hum time nahi de paa rahe hain".. stay consistent woman..

Shaan:
  • Ok, I am not sure how many of you feel this way...Shaan has very flowy body language..whereas sneha is an energy packet..she has more crisp movements.. so for me this jodi is highly mis matched..infact now i realize she will work best only in hip hop kind of environment..and with a partner who is energetic..Shaan needs a very subtle flowy you know the 'dil se naachne' waala partner..
  • They missed 3 times and not just 1...and all thnks to sneha..
  • BTW, y did these guys get only 1 song?
  • And what with filipino costume..and no relevance to dance.. πŸ˜†
  • Anyhow..haven't been watching JDJ last few weeks..so today I was good with shaan..
  • His strength as always - expressions and the way one step flows into the other..very easy on eyes...
  • Theme: 2 ( ah well its ok), Dance: 2 ( going by his standards, compared to others its high..and he has maintained it..nthg extraordinary), expressions: 2 ( sweet , simple)
  • =6/12

And there Madz comes again on the floor..mummy...koi bachao...uff stop blushing..

Has anyone ever noticed Remo's expressions everytime he is watching mads?..boy crush.. πŸ˜†

Singing thingy..ah i ma saved..i like this..πŸ‘.. damn!..i am actually gonna praise colors today...nahi!..dharti phat jaao...

Sana:
  • Ok..3rd time I am watching her perform...
  • THIS IS IT... 
  • You know how we made fun of puneet and him matching lauren..he he...tushar has a  problem matching her energy..
  • Darn..can't beleive i missed out noticing this lady...WHAT A PERFORMANCE..
  • That is what you call energy...there were movements...this is DANCE.. splitting, walking, lifts don't make this ownderful a dance...and what a variety...
  • And hip hop isolations...grls don't get it easily..i think she did a fab job..
  • Ye tomboy thi kya?..gali ki daada?...lol..that's what i think when she starts talking..but its kind of cute..πŸ˜†
  • Alright marks: theme: 3, dance: 3, expression= 5/4 = 11/12
  • lol..today colors drama is good..i am actually gonna open a topic praising colors today..all of you are wc if you get time from bashing the contestants..πŸ˜†
  • @Voting appeal: Haan Veronica!..Acchi lagi...πŸ˜†
  • BTW..co-ordination was off in a few places..but then aankhein hati nahi sana par se..

Kids:
  • πŸ˜ƒ i had so much fun...they got the tapori elements rt...
  • And looks like ekta's aatma in Shonali was their in first half..phir shayad pyaas lag gayi hogi to she left...πŸ˜†..u know what i mean...
  • btw, lifts karna hai to ye seekho.. πŸ˜†
  • I LOVED the caterpillar/worm... ( thats the name of the step...the body wave that sumant did..on floor)... a classic break dance move...
  • Man!..I was full on having fun watching them...they were nice lifts..i agree with remo..
  • Synchronization he is right,was slightly off as usual...but i loved it..
  • And i really really hope these kids get guidance and get support to learn more and one day hopefully represent iNdia on an international platform..
  • BTW, chidiya bolni lagi hai..wo bhi angrezi..kapil waali angrezi...πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›
  • Theme: 2 ( because steps were nice), Dance: 2, Expressions: 2 = 6/12

Lauren:
  • Lol.. alright people..
  • Firs thing this theme: Silver and robotic and a regional song..this is an oft repeated theme..across shows..and i have no freaking clue what is it abt this theme..but everytime this thing is attempted...DAMN!..IT IS ALWAYS THE BEST...and i have never got bored of it..
  • So this guys, IS my first legitimate 12/12...since the show started..πŸ‘πŸ₯³
  • Now, on others...people who think Puneet gets help with choreography (i did that too in past)...but this dance..is all puneet..look at steps..they have so many pure Indian elements...so many of them..,..and choreo was HATS OFF..
  • Now, on lauren's dance- she might be trained..but she is new to Indian dancing which no one in her country has a clue about..and look at how she has learnt those steps..to the T..perfect movements..THIS has nothing to do with being trained or untrained this is what says if you love dance..the credit goes to puneet for being a good tutor and for this student for unlearning and then learning..
  • BTW..you know the step ( forward moonwalk)...when they are walking forward playing bansuri?... now go back and watch that step being performed by Puneet..not lauren...its BLISS..
  • This is a performance..and only performance ( not even charlie chaplin, that's my fav..over the raat akeli hai)..that i can download..
  • Marks: Surprise Surprise Surprise..πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†

Faceoff...

• FINALLY...Mukti that I wanted to see..
  • WOW!... @LN..wasn't it a treat to watch bharatnatyam steps performed perfectly?
  • PURFECT..alas she wasn't being judged..
  • Sid: high time, but I will also say..you were one of three true blue non dancers on this platform..so guy hats off..for atleast attempting to do variety...and that i would appreciate any day..I do have genuine respect for your intentions..

Mukti:

• She is back..i was watching her..like continuously..wat expressions..
  • usha uthup rocks
  • Belly wa sok- but then if you are not trained in that..you can't get the hip shimmies
  • BTW..b4 u jump..she said hip hop first time on this stage.. not sure how true..
  • Choeo overall was ok.. (but i hate madz saying that..because she is copying remo's words..she has no freaking clue abt the choreo)
  • @REmo: Quote verbatim " zaroori nahi hai ki aap har baar lifts karein..dance bina uske bhi ho sakta hai"... suppose you tell that to your favs..and there it goes..( judges to nahi bakshe jayenge aaj except Kjo.. πŸ˜ˆ)
  • theme: 2, dance: 2, emotions: 3 = 7/12

Dear colors:
πŸ˜†πŸ˜† sorry i ain't saying..chalo for a change i shall not crib about you or abuse you or bash you for 24 hours..nahi zyaada ho gaya..for 12 hours...jaao jee lo...today was a good deed..no bakwaas drama..

Alright peeps...Finally the end of tunnel reached..but lata hai aaj street lights laga di thi tunnel mein.. πŸ˜³

PS: if Kjo has made it clear that this show is for non dancers...point to DD fans- she is not a non dancer..of the current dancers..only non dancer is sid..( somebody needs to inform me abt Shaan)..but rest no one falls in the true blue non dancer persona...

PPS: I know live msuic is not new theme..yet was fun..from show persepctive its new..

Romantic songs tomorrow- I am looking forward to this..BTW..DD is so freaking pretty..today/tmrw..
Edited by enigmatic_zephy - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KamalikaG thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for the review :) How much did the kids get?
Mithila_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
honestly loved lauren n punit's dance today..pure dance it was as remo said πŸ‘..no lifts nothing..

Mithila_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: KamalikaG

Thanks for the review :) How much did the kids get?

i think they got 25.πŸ€”
Edited by mithsi_22 - 10 years ago
nebuna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Many might feel hurt
But I don t want the kids to be dancing like that
Their tissues and body parts are soft and tender to see the girl kid getting lifted and circled by other kid  was scary today
I was waiting for that dance to get over quickly and safely 

Let them just enjoy their dance anyway colors will get them off before finale why make them dance like that
Edited by nebuna - 10 years ago
handlessthakur thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am still reeling from the after effects of Lauren Punit's act..how amazing can these two get..kudos guys..!!Definitely my fave of all their perfomances..Punit was SO good today not just with the choreography but with his dancing as well..I am one of those few people who always believed that Punit DOES actually choreograph all the acts..πŸ˜†..with a few inputs from Lauren..also also techincally Lauren is superior to Punit so she comes off outshining him in almost all their acts..but today he was right there with her..perhaps even better than her..which is a huge achievement..choreography was brilliant as always..always felt he is a better choreographer than a dancer(today he rocked both the roles).
On a side note,I was all ready to bash him today thinking he will make a hue and cry regarding his fracture..but thankfully it was dealt well by him..although would have loved had Manish not mentioned it at all, but then drama and Jhalak go hand in handπŸ˜†
rest all perfomances were below average for me..Sana Tushar were good..but I felt somewhere Tushar wasnt that good as he normally is..maybe cos it was out of his comfort zone..didnt like Dhrashti's or Shaan's acts..kids were ok..

Since u mentioned the robotic/silver theme being used often-a certain actress's fans are sending hate tweets to colors and LP saying that the entire act was copied from Prince Faisal in DID..I havent seen their act but from what I heard the song they used was Babuji zara dheere chalo..so I cant possibly imagine how they can copy the entire act when the songs are so diverseπŸ˜•..have u watched that one? 

Originally posted by: mithsi_22

honestly loved lauren n punit's dance today..pure dance it was as remo said πŸ‘..no lifts nothing..

oh it was brilliant..brilliant brilliant..

Originally posted by: handlessthakur

I am still reeling from the after effects of Lauren Punit's act..how amazing can these two get..kudos guys..!!

I know!

Definitely my fave of all their perfomances..Punit was SO good today not just with the choreography but with his dancing as well..I am one of those few people who always believed that Punit DOES actually choreograph all the acts..πŸ˜†..with a few inputs from Lauren..also also techincally Lauren is superior to Punit so she comes off outshining him in almost all their acts..but today he was right there with her..perhaps even better than her..which is a huge achievement..choreography was brilliant as always..always felt he is a better choreographer than a dancer(today he rocked both the roles).

True, today even I want to praise him more..and let him hv the centerstage..today its not lauren..its him..through and through..

On a side note,I was all ready to bash him today thinking he will make a hue and cry regarding his fracture..but thankfully it was dealt well by him..although would have loved had Manish not mentioned it at all, but then drama and Jhalak go hand in handπŸ˜†
rest all perfomances were below average for me..Sana Tushar were good..but I felt somewhere Tushar wasnt that good as he normally is..maybe cos it was out of his comfort zone..didnt like Dhrashti's or Shaan's acts..kids were ok..

Correct, tushar was off...he cudn't match her...at all..she seems so bindaas in any form..i want to see a full on bw number on sana..

Since u mentioned the robotic/silver theme being used often-a certain actress's fans are sending hate tweets to colors and LP saying that the entire act was copied from Prince Faisal in DID..I havent seen their act but from what I heard the song they used was Babuji zara dheere chalo..so I cant possibly imagine how they can copy the entire act when the songs are so diverseπŸ˜•..have u watched that one? 

Did they tweet colors for copying that village act..frame by frame..step by step..πŸ˜†..you can't do much abt unreasonable behavior..

Originally posted by: nebuna

Many might feel hurt
But I don t want the kids to be dancing like that
Their tissues and body parts are soft and tender to see the girl kid getting lifted and circled by other kid  was scary today
I was waiting for that dance to get over quickly and safely 

Let them just enjoy their dance anyway colors will get them off before finale why make them dance like that

You would hate DID then..πŸ˜ƒ

Well I am hoping they take care of the way it shud be done..under guidance..

but then u hv such young kids doing so much today..what a stressful life..
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Zephy Now you really don't like me enough, huh, had to force me so that I can praise you for this bang on, purrrfect, this is it ...review.

Sana- she is my girl, what a performer, she makes it difficult for the viewers to feast their eyes on Tushaar, her energy is superb, those isolations were so perfect. Was it just me as she kind of reminded me of Alisha from DID1 .

Shaan- Miss Marischa , think he is loosing interest. He has this naturally flexible body. I think somewhere he is resigned or tired from this competition.

Lauren - Hatts off to Punit. My eyes were totally on him,  that bansuri step and smile, Superb, seemed a bit like Raghav there. But damn this girl has the toughest job, she needs to unlearn whatever she has trained before, to get the expressions, timing and the thumkas right. her dedication is inspiring, she truly is made for dancing.

Kids- I want them to dance without lifts just for once, but I guess they know their target audience and its like they have to perform these lifts to get those votes. More floor work and really they need to relax and just dance.

Mukti- She got her groove back in the face-off, totally killed it. I want that Mukti back. Her expressions and the hold on beats were superb, unnecessary lifts, but her floor work was brilliant deserved a 9/10. Unfair on Remo to point about the lifts, I don't see him putting his foot down for the kids - who need to stop doing lifts for their own good.

Dhrasti - She had potential, sadly someone out there decided to play safe. Don't think its just Salman or Dhrasti , this has to be the channel's call, they know how to play her fanbase. Sadly dance is suffering.