LuvArnavKhushi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Manav sat on the couch in the living room as the most important girl in his life took shy steps towards him. She looked at him and showed off her dimpled smile making her eyes reduce to slits.

He held his hand out. "A dance with the most beautiful girl in the world?" He asked and her hand dropped in his. He grinned widely and picked her up her 28 inch chubby body off the ground and in his arms. He danced his way to the stereo then played his favorite song he loved to dance with his daughter – Mere Duniya Tu Hi Re!

Hearing the tune of the song, Meera started flailing her arms up and down and rocking her body in her daddy's arms. Manav danced with her on the spot, spinning them both and constantly planting big kisses on her chubby cheeks.

Chhanchhan came down the stairs and glared angrily at Manav who tried to run off into the kitchen but her shrieking name-calling made him stay in his spot. "I told you to bring her up! I need to give her a bath!" She whined while Manav let the newly walking one-year-old down as she continued to hold on to his pants for support. "Chhanchhan, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed again?" He asked with a teasing smirk, making her gape at him as she became offended. She closed her mouth and it went right into a pout. She looked down before looking back up with an apologetic look. "Sorry."

Manav chuckled and picked up Meera before walking towards her. "Don't be. But you can only use your excuse for another three months," he said as he stroked her protruding belly.

"Imagine what people think? 'No control,'" she said mockingly making Manav laugh. He pretended to use her belly as a seat for Meera. "Let them connect," he said and Chhanchhan rolled her eyes.

She turned Meera as she held her up. "At least you'll have someone to play with as you grow up," she said, thinking positively. She scrunched her nose when Meera grabbed her chin. Chhanchhan ducked her head to nuzzle her chubby daughter but it ended with Meera grabbing fistfuls of her hair. "Manav, help!" She whelped and he quickly took the child away. "If there was a pause button on pregnancy, I'd hold it down for five years."

"Well thank God there isn't," he said in a childish voice as he spoke to Meera, making her laugh.

"Manav you say that so easily. I'm the one taking care of these kids day and night. You go to work after all," she pointed out and his face softened as he went to her and both he and Meera stroked a cheek on her face. "I will be here for you hamesha and forever!"

Chhanchhan's face lightened and she pulled the both of them for a tight hug.

[Three Months Later]

Chhanchhan had tears in her eyes while she had to say goodbye to her daughter as she was going to the hospital to give birth to her baby son. "I'm sorry I have to leave you," she said through her tears and then the great Umaben walked in. "You're not leaving her with gundas, Chhanchhan."

"Of course not mummiji – but she might cry at night and – "

"Chhanchhan, you don't worry. Meera and I have an understanding – that you won't cry for mumma, right?" Umaben said in a cooing tone towards Meera before taking her in her arms. "Now you go to the hospital. Have my grandson and come back because there will be a lot of work waiting for you," she said in a serious tone making Chhanchhan's expression fall. Umaben cracked into a giggle. "I'm kidding! You'll be taking rest for at least a month."

Chhanchhan smiled and kissed Umaben's head because she obviously couldn't bend to get her blessings. She left the house after seeing everyone else and sat in the car where Manav already was. "You ready?" He asked.

"Am I ready to push out a human being out of me? Is it surprising to say I'm not?" She said keeping her eyes on the trees by the gate. She felt Manav's hand curl around hers. "I obviously don't know how to pain is but you have to think about the end of all your pains – our baby boy will be in your arms."

Chhanchhan smiled at the thought then her lips curled up in pain as the contractions started taking over. "Ok there!" Manav exclaimed. "Just keep him in for a little bit longer," he said nervously as he started driving.

Chhanchhan broke out into a laugh through all her pain. "How could you forget?! We only had Meera over a year ago! This pain is nothing than what it will be and usually, it lasts for several hours."

"Look I'm freaking out as much as you are. Just because we've already had one baby does not mean I'm on a rainbow now," he said and Chhanchhan rolled her eyes. She was sure of it, he would break down in tears during her labour…again.

"He has your nose," Manav quietly said to Chhanchhan as she held the sleeping new born in her arms. "And he has your chin," she pointed out.

"And he has your chunky cheeks," he said, placing a kiss on hers.

"What are we going to name him?" She asked.

"I've thought of it for months! It should be Maneesh," he said and Chhanchhan's mouth formed a straight line. "Seriously? You're really still sticking to the M names?"

"Of course! All my siblings have a name starting with an M."

"Well no! I want my baby's name to start with a C, like…Chulbul," she sit down on her lip for coming up with the worst example. Of course Manav was laughing hysterically. "Chulbul? Are you seriously telling me that Chulbul is better than Maneesh?"

"Oh stop it, Manav! No more M names. I want to name him…Prem." A wide grin spread on her face.

"Why?"

"Because he's my Prem – simple as that!"

Manav gazed at the side of her face and admired the glow that was coming off her. She was the mother of his children and he couldn't be more grateful. She was perfect and there was no denying that. He brushed away her bang that kept coming in front of her eyes. He carefully wrapped his arms around her as he lovingly kissed her face. "Ready for another one?" He teased and her eyes grew wide before she shrugged him off.

After spending two days in the hospital, Chhanchhan and Manav prepared to go home. Manav carefully placed the new born in the car seat and placed him in the car before turning to Chhanchhan who was just waiting by the car. Dressed in a cute purple cotton dress, she bobbed her eyebrows at him. "Ready to go home?"

"Like never before," she said.

They walked in through the double doors to find Umaben stretched out on the floor with Meera sitting by her head as they played with stuffed animals. Chhanchhan tried to suppress a laugh while Manav gaped at his mother – who was too busy to notice the door open,

"Will you give any love to your grandson, or is it reserved only for Meera?" He called out and she got up abruptly as she rushed towards them. She looked in the car seat and brought her hand to her chest as she saw the precious little one. "I'm glad you're finally home," she said to Chhanchhan and stroked her head.

"Come inside!" She said and held on to the other side of the car seat as they walked in towards the living room. "Bahuon!" She called out and within seconds, everyone spilled into the living room to greet to new little guy. Everyone crowded around the new baby but Umaben was adamant on getting to hold the baby first. "He's my grandson!" She said and finally picked him up.

"Oh…" she cooed lovingly. "Mera Mohit," she said and Chhanchhan's eyes widened. Another M name?!

"Mummiji, I was thinking of Prem, because he's so…loving," Chhanchhan said hesitantly and saw Umaben's expression to change to a stern one before she broke out into a smile. "You've taught us that change isn't a bad thing so if you'd like, go ahead and name him Prem."

"Everyone out of the way! Big sister Meera is here to see her brother," Manav said as he came through with his daughter in his arms. "Meera," he said to her as her eyes were fixated on the cute little bundle in front of her. "This is your brother," Manav explained and took her little chubby hand to softly graze it against the baby's cheek. But Meera wasn't yet that interested. She turned her head away to look at her mother as she stretched her arms for her.

Chhanchhan took her and kissed her madly for having to be away from her daughter for two days. "Meera…your brother is here. Prem. That's his name. Can you say it?"

"Mmm…" Meera mumbled making Chhanchhan laugh at how M names really ran deep in the family. But she knew that Prem was the name for her son. Who knows? Maybe that would become the new tradition? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope ya'll like this! Actually, I wrote this based on my own happiness. Yesterday my brother's wife gave birth to a baby girl and she was just the cutest thing ever! This isn't exactly new for me since I already have 6 nephews and one other niece, but this little one was born after 5 years of the last grandchild so we're all just ecstatic. 

I really hope others start to write more stories about ChanMan! And again, hope you liked this one (but it may have sucked a bit. lol)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MeeraHK thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Very gd dear..saw ur pm ..anted to reply here very verty good keep it up...👏⭐️
MeeraHK thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for using my name...😆
mpat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Enjoyed it. Very nice. 👍🏼
golpokobita thumbnail
enjoyed reading the story..
thanks!
LuvArnavKhushi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Meera...

Thanks for using my name...😆

Aha it was pure coincidental. 😉 Had to get a name with an M na. lol
kbtr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

I loved the OS. When I began reading, i was thinking, holy! They have only been married for months and already a kid. But it was so beautiful. And then your note. So kinda made sense.
Thanks.
MadhuO thumbnail
This is so sweet. Enjoyed it a lot.
Very well written.
👍🏼
sarita_barun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
This was amazing!!!
😊 Loved Chanman's interaction with their daughter, Meera and their newest addition, Prem
dimple288 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Cute os. The perfect family