Balika Vadhu

BV WU Aug 17/13 - Ganga Going & Jagya Gayab - Page 3

kate-nic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
@hooked ..no body wants to hear Sanchi's crap , or Udaipur nonsense Just if she would written dialogues of JaGan at least people like me would have understood This is the issue for people here There are people interested in them rest who cares ? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: kate-nic

i agree i have a language barrier too in my country  BV is way behind  with dubbing than the telecast in India i see it on line and updating is my only way to understand what characters are saying here logged on and saw what ?This is update ๐Ÿ˜•Every saturday i get disappointed reading update 

The updaters like mahi, kikyo , andv  do it so well i don't want to do comparison but this is  sort of strange update and name calling 

I hope Anjana you don't mind either change your way of updating or either give the place to someone else 

Update is summary of episode.  I covered the content of the episode including key dialogues.  It was an epi full of flashbacks and a hodge podge of scenes.  You are welcome to ask the mods and takeover ๐Ÿ˜Š
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail

@hooked ..no body wants to hear Sanchi's crap , or Udaipur nonsense Just if she would written dialogues of JaGan at least people like me would have understood This is the issue for people here There are people interested in them rest who cares ? 

JaGan didn't have dialogues with each other.  G remembered J and J remember G with flashbaks. I can't make up content to make you content.  

As for analogies/names re any character - the correct name i.e. Sumi is always included for the clueless
Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 10 years ago
kate-nic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: AnjanaYYZ

JaGan didn't have dialogues with each other.  G remembered J and J remember G with flashbaks. I can't make up content to make you content.  

As for analogies/names re any character - the correct name i.e. Sumi is always included for the clueless

Today you wrote names for analogies does not mean you always write that you must know too can show you your updates for proofs and second you don't need to make up content to content me  but at least write the content shown in serial  I guess G was talking something to his chair wanted to know what that was ? if one word thanking him you would have written that would have been enough you have written talking to  his chair what ? what she was talking I am sorry , thank you for what you did for me  You just wrote talking to his chair ? that's it That's the summary ? I am not only one who has issues The other members too

They did have dialogues today not only remembering part which you very well  removed Proof talking to his chair Not saying to you give one one word detail to me but at least complete the summary Give a gist

I cannot do updates Hindi is not my mother tongue neither want to run to mods You volunteered not according to my wish but to do a work for us people we rely on you for this so be fair  I don't think its too much to ask for ?

Edited by kate-nic - 10 years ago
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail

Today you wrote names for analogies does not mean you always write that you must know too can show you your updates for proofs and second you don't need to make up content to content me  but at least write the content shown in serial  I guess G was talking something to his chair wanted to know what that was ? if one word thanking him you would have written that would have been enough you have written talking to  his chair what ? what she was talking I am sorry , thank you for what you did for me  You just wrote talking to his chair ? that's it That's the summary ? I am not only one who has issues The other members too

They did have dialogues today not only remembering part which you very well  removed Proof talking to his chair Not saying to you give one one word detail to me but at least complete the summary Give a gist

I cannot do updates Hindi is not my mother tongue neither want to run to mods You volunteered not according to my wish but to do a work for us people we rely on you for this so be fair  I don't think its too much to ask for ?

Yes. I volunteered to summarize the episode not to re-hash it word for word.    

Feel free to  pm me where you did not understand a nickname - am not claiming perfection, but as standard practice I always read through every written update to make sure its apparent which character I am actually speaking of.  Still you can pm if you can't make it out.  

Talking to a chair is symbolic - its saying farewell to a person in their absence like taking to a photo.  Its emotion beyond words.  As such I described the gesture that captures the essence aired - missing someone.  Not whether Ganga gripped the chair... touched it...said hello how r u or thank you to it.  

P.S. I know some Jagya fans like to pick on me as they think I am mean to their favorite...but that is their issue not mine.   I "blah blah blah" non-sensical (incoherent stream of consciousness rambling) dialogues of Mahi about Ashima not giving him a chance and VO not JG. The key events in the episode was Ganga leaving and J going after her - which is encapsulated in the title.  Still all welcome to their own perceptions
sectoreight thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: redapple1

I really feel bad for written update volunteers. I have the luxury for not watching crappy episodes. They have to still watch and write. This is volunteering work right. No one gets paid for doing this painful  job.

The fact that it is volunteer work and not paid work does not make it okay to lessen the standards for a written update.  When people volunteer they must volunteer only because they have commitment and passion.  I volunteer at a hospital. That does not mean that I take my tasks any less seriously simply because I am not paid for them.  There are individuals who volunteer to mentor children. That does not mean that they take their tasks any less seriously. Nor should they.

It is precisely because they have volunteered that one assumes they have a willingness to do the activity.  Nobody has imposed it on the updater and nobody has inflicted it on them.  It is volunteer work simply because it is 'voluntary'.   It is not involuntary.

Responsibility is responsibility.  And if one cannot nibhao the responsibility, then no need to take it up in the first place.  The fact that it is not paid work need not be a rationalization for giving the responsibilities and duties of the work short shrift. 

Volunteer work also should be handled with equal grace and commitment as paid work.

AnjanaYYZ can simply step down if she feels that volunteer work is beneath her.  

And judgements about whether the storyline was crappy or not in an episode should be left out of the updaters written update.  It should just be a transcript of the episode.

AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sectoreight

The fact that it is volunteer work and not paid work does not make it okay to lessen the standards for a written update.  When people volunteer they must volunteer only because they have commitment and passion.  I volunteer at a hospital. That does not mean that I take my tasks any less seriously simply because I am not paid for them.  There are individuals who volunteer to mentor children. That does not mean that they take their tasks any less seriously. Nor should they.

It is precisely because they have volunteered that one assumes they have a willingness to do the activity.  Nobody has imposed it on the updater and nobody has inflicted it on them.  It is volunteer work simply because it is 'voluntary'.   It is not involuntary.

Responsibility is responsibility.  And if one cannot nibhao the responsibility, then no need to take it up in the first place.  The fact that it is not paid work need not be a rationalization for giving the responsibilities and duties of the work short shrift. 

Volunteer work also should be handled with equal grace and commitment as paid work.

AnjanaYYZ can simply step down if she feels that volunteer work is beneath her.  

And judgements about whether the storyline was crappy or not in an episode should be left out of the updaters written update.  It should just be a transcript of the episode.

Thank you for your articulate opinion.  

Firstly, if I did not take the responsibility seriously than I would not routinely expend an hour of my day or more every week doing the update.  When am unable to do so in a given weekend then I do ask others to do the task.  Also, am not the kind of person who thinks tasks are beneath me.  I may do it differently than others and more succinctly, but we are all entitled to our own stylistic preferences.  

Secondly, I did not make a judgment on the content of the episode. I summarized the content utilizing my judgment as to what was the relevant event/essence/gist of each scene.  The purpose of an update is summary its not verbatim transcript.  Am an updater not a transcriber of dialogues. Nor are written updates meant to provide translation for those unfamiliar with Hindi.  For each scene I had summary of what occurred, the key characters, and setting.   No scenes were skipped.  
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Thanks much for the wu, dear! ๐Ÿ˜Š
RainbowSun thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for the update Anjana- Loved it - helped me to skip all those FB and blah blah-
HemaG thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
i missed the epi..

its worth the miss...

all sachi sumi nonsense...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

TFS...for the hilarious update...โค๏ธ