Diya Aur Baati Hum

India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

SBC time/date BLOOPER (aka time moves weirdly in DABH!)

A-A-S Goldie
A-A-S
A-A-S

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 7:51am | IP Logged
Hello people!

I just sat down and caught up on this week's DABH episodes online, and I noticed a time blooper!

So in DABH, the semi-final round of the "Sabse Bada Champion" competition was held on the 8th of August 2013. We know this because the answer for the semi-final round (the entry code for the safe), which was named "Aaj nahi to kabhi nahi" was the date of that day. And the answer was 08082013, thus 8th of August 2013.

Then, the host Abhimanyu made it very clear that the final round was being held on the next day, which also happened to be Sandhya's birthday. So this should have been 9th August 2013.

Then, when Sandhya received her winners cheque, the date on it is 13-08-2013, i.e. 13th August 2013!

Last time I checked, 9 comes after 8, not 13! LOL So, in the DABH universe either the cheque time-travelled back from 13/8/13 to 9/8/13, or time moves at warp speed, or dates don't necessarily work in the same way as they do in our real universe! ROFL

I know, I know, I'm being silly! (And that I come up with some random weird topics these days! You guys might be thinking that "Arti is certainly off her rocker now!" Wink)

Really, there is a blooper with the date here that wouldn't normally be of any consequence, but here they should actually have been very careful about it as they specifically mentioned the date of the semi-final and that the final was the day after that! 

Of course the date/day of happenings in the show may be different to the date/day the actually aired, and that is fine because some times several episodes cover only one day while at other times several days are covered in a single episode or are skipped over/not actually seen, as required by the story. The final SBC round was seen in the episodes of 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th August, so I wonder what made them specifically pick 13th August 2013 for the date on the cheque even though it doesn't make sense in terms of what they had shown previously.

Just my two cents! I thought the date blooper was really funny! The one thing that would make me laugh more is if we see Sandhya's cheque again and the date on it changes! 

Edited by A-A-S - 22 August 2013 at 8:20am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

slodkagila.NJ.jhemathala

slodkagila IF-Dazzler
slodkagila
slodkagila

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 7:58am | IP Logged
Also there will be another blooper which we will be seeing... On the same date (Sandy's b day 13.08.13) SurYa will leave the house & the very next day they will celebrate the independence day ie., on 14.08.13... Hay maara Ramji... It seems Kal means two days or three days after in DABH language...D'ohAt least they could have left this as it is.. without any date... What if they take a leapConfused Will they take us to 2016 or so (four yrs the articles mentioned) straight away??? oh no...

It is there is all the serials...Ouch

Edited by shobhana_dabh - 17 August 2013 at 8:00am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

A-A-S.NJ.thala

A-A-S Goldie
A-A-S
A-A-S

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 8:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shobhana_dabh

Also there will be another blooper which we will be seeing... On the same date (Sandy's b day 13.08.13) SurYa will leave the house & the very next day they will celebrate the independence day ie., on 14.08.13... Hay maara Ramji... It seems Kal means two days or three days after in DABH language...D'oh

In that case, if they knew that they wanted to have Sooraj and Sandhya celebrate Independence Day in the camp with cadets (i.e. 15th August) and that they wanted that to be their first day out of the Rathi house, then the CVs should have simply made the final and Sandhya's birthday be on 14th August, and the semi-final be on 13th August. The number clues they gave for the semi-final answer were 0, 8, 2, 1, and 3, so they still could have made 13-08-2013 out of those clues if that was the date/day of the challenge.

By the way, what AWESOME timing for Sooraj and Sandhya to leave the Rathi house! Independence Day has an all new and AWESOME meaning for them - their Independence from the rest of the family! This timing I applaud! Clap

If they do take a leap of a few years at any point then from then onwards they should simply leave off the year for any more dates. Or they could use 2016 or whenever, as long as they stay consistent from then onwards.

Edited by A-A-S - 17 August 2013 at 8:09am

slodkagila.NJ.thala

jhema IF-Sizzlerz
jhema
jhema

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 8:30am | IP Logged
DABH is always following a weird time cycle isn't.
We've already discussed abt sandhya's age.
As She is married in her 19 years and suddenly now she is 22 yrs.
In the same way 
Semifinals - 8th August
Finals - 13th August.
If we consider it as post dated cheque. The next day of Surya leaving RP is independence day.
So it can't be a post dated cheque.Confused
still confusing.
I think we should not bother about the dates.Sleepy

A-A-S.NJ.thala

A-A-S Goldie
A-A-S
A-A-S

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 8:46am | IP Logged
^^ Yes, DABH does seem to get stuck with time quite a bit.

I also thought it was weird that Sandhya has now turned 22 when she supposedly got married at age 19, and has supposedly only had one wedding anniversary in the story (and God knows how long we waited for this "one year anniversary" to materialise!). Keeping that in mind, Sooraj and Sandhya have seemingly been married for about one-and-a-half years now, so she could have had a birthday early in the marriage (even though it wasn't mentioned), making her 20 at that point, and now this birthday would make her 21.

So they could have had her turn 21 now, but then this would make her younger than Emily, who they specifically mentioned was born in January 1992, making her 21 already at the time of her marriage and before Sandhya's birthday. I guess they didn't want to have Sandhya younger than Emily and so made Sandhya turn 22 now.

Yes, there are LOTS of time bloopers in DABH and other shows and its usually really not of much consequence. The SBC one was just extremely funny for me, so I made this post. Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

thala

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top