Tamil  Reality Shows

Super Singer Season 4 (Vijay TV) (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 72

jaysvimal

Groupbie

jaysvimal

Posted: 28 August 2013 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Catch up of the last two days... Thought of writing.. but then found this on the Airtel Super Singer 4 Page... in the discussions. 
This is a review by Shriram S Murthy on Facebook.. Just thought of sharing it coz, it is completely tallying with my thoughts... word by word.. Thanks Shriram.. 

August 26th - Pettai Songs Round

My(Shriram's) review for 8/26 performances (pEttai songs round):

Sharath Santhosh: Appadi pOdu
++++
Good attitude - managed breath control very well. Charanam - improv was bold and nice. Very entertaining performance. Brought in great attitude.
--
Pallavi: Voice sounded a little soft for this song. His mic volume could have been a little bit higher. Music was overpowering. He also held mic a little far. 
Charanam: o..o.. Was a bit feeble. Word diction & pronunciation needs to improve. En usirile - tempo could have been tighter. He sang the latter portion softly rather than providing the punch and throw needed for the song. A couple places pitchy... with the noise level - it is understandable.

Nirjhari - dOra dummunnu
++|
Good energy and attitude she brought forth. Some parts she sang well - esp. charanam - sandhana kallu... first two lines. Good talent - with continued focus and proper training can become a much improved singer.
--|
Start - harmony sounded off. Pallavi - landing note could have been clearer and perfect on shruti. ippO illaatti eppO, thorathurathum phrases - pitchy.
nikkuREn, solluREn - portions sangathis slipped. After nikkuREn, she messed up the lyric in next line even with looking at her notes in the hand. Pronunciation and diction (thandOrA, paadalAm) needs improved.
Return pallavi - lost breath and steam and so, sangathis and notes did not land correctly. She must have avoided dancing before she finished the pallavi to retain the energy needed. DZ performance. 

What constructive feedback is there in Ananth-sir's statement: "ingE orchestra-la vaasikkaRavALa paaru - enna size... neeyum nArayanan size-ukku voice-ai koNdu varalaam"... Is this meant to be coaching??? I'm puzzled. 

Sai Vignesh: kalakkuvEn kalakkuvEn
++++|
What pitching and beautiful sangathis... minute details came out nicely. Great energy and punch. Very Impressed. Pallavis were amazing. Consistently pitch perfect performances - despite the noise levels. Outstanding and Top class performances!
-
Charanam - innum konjam throw and mic volume could have made it even powerful. Lower portion - innum lung power use paNNalAm and sing from gut to generate the energy needed. He could try some creative improvization phrases.

Ganesh: oyya oyya oyyAlE
+++
Great voice, energy, and punch for this song. He used his voice to his best and tried to bring his own flavour to the song - which is good.
-|
Pallavi: uLLaara, anganga, maaman, aasai - glides went outside the scale slightly. He modified the phrasing - hence it sounded like that to me.
Charanam: naa...ttu, aa...ttam - the breaks he gave sounded a little awkward. It would have sounded nicer had he bridged them with a nice swell (like he did ""sElai, sEEvi"") instead of the way he rendered. 
To take it to the next level - he has to delve into the song to bring the spirit of every song alive (from the current focus on perfect rendition).

One of the best parts I liked today was the creativity of the tune by each contestant and their singing of the four lines that makapa gave to the contestants.. Well prepared and refreshing it was, despite the lyrics!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

~*Thamizhan*~nithyamkvkrithikas

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Super Singer Season 4 (Vijay TV) (Page 6)" in Tamil Reality Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jaysvimal

Groupbie

jaysvimal

Posted: 28 August 2013 at 9:17am | IP Logged
For Tuesday August 27th
Review posted by Shriram S Murthy on Facebook. 
My(Shriram's) review of performances on 8/27 (Pettai songs round) :

"DISCLAIMER: Soundarya and her ardent fans - PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS. This could be a strong review - my intention is to express my assessment on her today's performance and not to insult or hurt Soundarya. 

Soundarya: thaga thaga thagavena aadavaa
?????
Start pallavi - tempo did not sync well. It was just shouting and the worst vocal production I've heard in her voice modulation. She is damaging her vocal cords trying to imitate a heavy bass effect of the original. 
Sounds even shrill and feeble.Voice was changed to make it sound heavy - pitchy... kuralukku yenna aachu??? pOttu thaakku - vanga kadal - pitch and breath pOchu - till the end of pallavi - quite pitchy. 
Shouting for Ramesh - heard as if someone else was speaking - continued with the haiyaiyO... portion - musical melody was completely lost.
Charanam - lower portions - shruti-la varalai notes. higher portions sounded strained and screechy... the voice change she attempted absolutely did not help her in bringing stability in notes.. throughout it was pitchy. End line - tempo pOchu.. just shouted the lines... with no pitch control.
End lines and dance with Ananth sir - it was literally like someone who is ""not in self-control and possessed"" Sorry, in my personal opinion, this is absolutely a wrong example for any future contestant.
I'd call this a DIRECT DISQUALIFICATION rather than elimination even. This is the WORST I've ever heard in this program by anyone (including the auditions this season). 
I've appreciated her many times for taking risky songs - but today this kind of risk absolutely damaged the reputation she earned... The person who sung "unnai vida" in her natural tone (T20) which had such "soundaryam" - what has happened to her that she is completely become full of "sound"arya instead!!! 

Sonia - Karuppu thaan enakku
+++|
+ Great match for her voice. Lot of musicality was there. There was a nice flow and smoothness in certain portions. Right amount of attitude and feel for the song.
- Pronunciation: "thavvusand", "coloRRRu", "rejinigaanth". Karupputhaan - last note both times was a little flat.
Charanam - long phrase innum konjam tempo. Pothi vachirukkum - pullai pathum - high notes again didn't hit the right note. Slightly flat.
When she sings completely from her head voice, she needs to focus on pitching a little bit better. She can use more body by bringing lot more energy from the gut.

Madhumitha - Karuppu kannazhagaa
+++++
+ "THIS IS PERFORMANCE! Elegant including her dance moves. What musicality, attitude, energy, throw, vocal dynamics, clarity and aesthetics of sangathis, breath control - Bhavam and creativity. SIMPLY OUTSTANDING!!! This is by far, the BEST EVER (highest ever score by anyone). She thorougly owned it and gave it such life that one could be drawn into her performance. Very graceful, enjoyable performance. MADHU HAS GOT TO BE THE PERFORMER OF THE WEEK! Tough to surpas this one.
I've heard this song only a couple of times before and was never that drawn into it. But after this rendition, I can guarantee for ages, people are going to refer to this rendition (when many others start to do this going forward) and say how Madhu had nailed it!! It is a DREAM performance. Well deserved STANDING OVATION!!! 
- Very minor issues: "C'mon move your body", "udambellAm" glide - one note off key. 

Rizwan - Thiruppathi Ezhu malai
++++
+ What a beautiful rendition - with nice throw, attitude, and dynamics. Many places were so good in his voice. Esp. CharaNam first two lines - "Kaathavaraayan kaadhalichaa". "ketti mELam kottiduchunnA".
- Kaattu lesaa - needed a little more sustain. A couple spots innum konjam steadiness vanthirukkalAm.. Again very minor issue.

Sanjay - Aal thOtta boopathi
+++
+ Energy and breath control was good. Good throw and attitude. Decent attempt - could have done much better. Amazing percussion.
- "Started early before the roll was complete. ""matthaazham"", ""kalyAnathE"". Pallavi - he was having difficulty in keeping up the tempo. He kind of adapts his voice differently for each song and that does not help in my opinion. He should sing with his natural voice.
CharaNam - first two lines very tentative. He did not fall into the groove till later part of charaNam. paarvaiyaalE - sangathis slip.

Really outstanding mimicry - Deserves a standing ovation for his LR Eswari amma mimicry. Fabulous!

Today enjoyed an OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE by Madhumitha

Edited by jaysvimal - 28 August 2013 at 9:17am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

~*Thamizhan*~nithyamkvkrithikas

~*Thamizhan*~

Viewbie

~*Thamizhan*~

Posted: 28 August 2013 at 9:48am | IP Logged
jaysvimal, thanks for sharing the review.
I only watch/ listen to Ramesh, Madhu & Parvathy... Madhu's karuppu kannazhagaa was outstanding (esp. middle & end portion). Her attitude, modulation & involvement with the lyrics is class above all the other contestants. Clap Madhu always had the talent (SMY days) but now she's really coming out... can't wait to see more of her!

You can find all of Madhu's performances here (from SMY to Super Singer): http://www.youtube.com/user/shankraj61?feature=watch

Edited by ~*Thamizhan*~ - 28 August 2013 at 9:53am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jaysvimalkrithikas

migan

Cool Viewbie

migan

Posted: 28 August 2013 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
Thanks Jay.
Madumitha was awesome. I also liked Sarath Santosh. 

Sanjay was lacking confidence looked like he was scared.

Yeah his mimicry was totally cool. 

Nirjari - also some times recited the words instead of singing. Soundarya screaming too much.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jaysvimal

migan

Cool Viewbie

migan

Posted: 28 August 2013 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Which is the right Facebook page????

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jaysvimal

jaysvimal

Groupbie

jaysvimal