Tamil  Reality Shows

Super Singer Season 4 (Vijay TV) (Page 21)

Post Reply New Post

Page 21 of 72

Smiles-20

IF-Rockerz

Smiles-20

Posted: 05 October 2013 at 9:36pm | IP Logged

Promo for this week :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GCpNHPD2tU

Edited by Smiles-20 - 05 October 2013 at 9:35pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jaysvimal

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Super Singer Season 4 (Vijay TV) (Page 21)" in Tamil Reality Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ShriramSMurthy

ShriramSMurthy

Posted: 08 October 2013 at 5:06am | IP Logged
"For my friends who like detailed reviews on the day's show, here it is - as published in Vijay TV - Airtel Super Singer 4 FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vijay-TV-Airtel-Super-Singer-4/156259331210780?hc_location=stream&filter=2

My reviews for Melody Solos round - day 1 (10/7):

I intend to step up criticality in my reviews starting today to enhance the aspects that contestants need to work on to take them far into the top stages. My only intention is to offer pointers that could help them focus on what could be improved to progress further.

Ganesh: Ninaithu ninaithu paarthEn
(A-)
+ "Excellent song choice! Appreciate going out of his comfort zone. Bold attempt on start humming modification. From charaNam, the feel was very nice and he was into groove. He got into the song and performed beautifully rather than shouting... perfect and porvided required dynamics in charaNam.
Excellent comeback from last week."
- "Pallavi: varuvEn... sangathis - could have been clearer. Unnil indRu ennai paarkkiREn.. Finish portions feeble and dynamics could be better.

Thiruttu pOna thadayam paarthEn.. Perfect singing - but mic should be pulled away for this section to provide the yEkkam feel. Last line aesthetics could have been better.
Last pallavi.. o..o..o.. portion improvizations didnt click as he wanted. Bold attempt though. I'd say for numerous weeks to come DO NOT ADD YOUR CREATIVITY OR IMPROVS. You have done that so much, that there is a doubt in the minds of viewers and judges whether you can reproduce the song accurately. Focus & reproduce like original sangathis for the upcoming weeks.

Excellent orchestration throughout the day. This song, Pradeep's Mandolin esp. was amazing."

Deepthi: EvanO oruvan
Super Singer Deepthi Suresh
(A-)
+ Good start and got into the feel of the song. Why same song repeat in two weeks. Good feel and involvement. uLLe uRangum yEkkathilE - improv and some improvs in last pallavi were sweet. Mic balance was fantastic. Much better performance in recent past and one of her top scoring one too.
- adhai "thavaNai" muRaiyil nEsikkiREn.. Not "thavaLai". vaasikkirAAn... last phrase clarity of notes were lacking. Avoid taking breath into mic and plan your breaths. Should not break between evanO and oruvan... for eg. Avoid doing overstretching of phrases which spoils the authenticity of mood... kuzhaleee... for eg. Last pallavi - yOsikkiREn.. improv. could have been better. Last phrasing high portions oodhum ragasiyam... strained and didnt reach the exact note with smoothness.

Madhumitha: maalai nEram
(A+)
+ Excellent song choice. Amazing feel with appropriate Vibratos and dynamics. Smart improvs. Like "vaarthaai sonnAl yenna" in charaNam. What a throw and punch in the last line transition from charaNam - simply superb with awesome breath control. pOrvaaikkuLLE... kEtkiRadhE... thEdum bOthE tholaindhadhE... improvs. in last pallavi were superb. What a tender feeling in the bhavam... superb rendition! But for lower registers audibility, this would be another Statement performance.
- """jannal"", ""sendrAl"" - watch diction. It is very critical to work on correcting the l,L and n, N portions. Much improved but still needs work.
For these kind of songs, the Lower portions volume audibility should be increased and should come out more strongly. Ask for more mic output for these kind of songs in contrast with karuppu pErazhagaa or kotta paakkum where throw is more... you cannot keep the same volume output for different throw songs. Watch out!!! Echo Sujatha's statement on her versatility."

Narayanan: poovE semboovE
(C)
+ "One of my all-time favorites and an evergreen song. It is in most people's fresh memory - appreciate the song selection. But also puts you at risk when you deviate from original from this classic.
Honest effort."
- "neethan oru pooovin madal - portion and sempooove... creativity - sorry was not adding value to the song.. In fact brought down the natural beauty.
CharaNam - feel changed to complete sadness... Original does not have that feel - itself
naan vaazhum vaazhvE.. notes changed the shruti till ennALum ...
pullAnguzhal , vaasam, sempooovE...- stretch sorry didnt click. Truly you are putting an effort to bring in creativity - but instead of complimenting it is counteracting. Watch out.. these are dangerous treads.
Voice adaptation for this song should be such that the voice should come more lung power with slightly closed mouth singing and not such open throated singing. The feel itself changes.
Definite DZ performance!
I sympathize with him - that it looks like he is lacking proper guidance. Very glad that judges' comments were bang on with what I captured pausing right after his singing."

Krishnan: thoda thoda malarndha dhenna
(A)
+ "Amazing song... again a repeat selection. spariisangaL pudhithaa - sangathis improv was sweet. High portions sounded very good and was devoid of huskiness.
Yaar azhithaaar... improv. Was WOW!!! Feel was very nice and tried to his level... I still would say that Ramesh had nailed the feel factor in his rendition this season.
Excellent orchestration - amazing bass runs..."
- "First phrases of pallavi - thoda thoda - notes sounded different.
CharaNam... mudhar poovaai yaar paRithAr - did not complete the finish properly... Kaadhalan.. theendAtha ... Last two lines - not satisfied with clarity of sangathis and details. Vocal dynamics and expressions have to improve a lot. Pronunciation - watch out to avoid accent."

Thanks
Shriram S Murthy

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

jaysvimalswash2~*Thamizhan*~hopper_ocean

jaysvimal

Groupbie

jaysvimal

Posted: 08 October 2013 at 9:50am | IP Logged
Thanks and welcome Shriram. I have followed yours posts on FB and have shared a few earlier in this forum too. Glad to see you here.

swash2

migan

Cool Viewbie

migan

Posted: 08 October 2013 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Thanks.

It was too funny yesterday when they were questioning Krishnan and about his love interest.

Girl in India or ouside and Sujatha couls not hold up asking Kerala va Tamil nada.. Lols. Pavam Krishnan Lols.

jaysvimal

ZEESXY

ZEESXY

Posted: 08 October 2013 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
I feel Sujatha is supporting more of Kerala speaking participants. 
It just my opinon.

jaysvimal

migan

Cool Viewbie

migan

Posted: 09 October 2013 at 12:29am | IP Logged
Today Diwakar was the only one good singing vennilave veilave . Rest not upto the mark including Paravthy(mannippaya)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jaysvimalswash2hopper_ocean

hopper_ocean

Viewbie

hopper_ocean

Posted: 10 October 2013 at 7:48am | IP Logged
Today's show .. 10.10.2013

Fast Duet round Wink seriously the 4 musicians are amazing Star this time after each couple sings they need to mimicry or something about the other participants .. it was funny and cute LOL

Madhumita & arvin - Machakari Machakari from sillendru oru kadhal .. teriyalae ennamo no kick madhiri i felt lolz.

Ranjana & Narayanan - gopala gopala from Kadhalan - it was good. I enjoyed lot Embarrassed Narayanan singing that word gopala gopala the cartoon voice LOL judges were impressed.

Diwakar & soundarya - Mukala mukapala from Kadhalan - felt little down also. the kick was not there madhiri Tongue Loved the way soundarya mimicry niranjana LOL funny and cute

Ganesh & Syed - Arabic kadal oram from Bombay - good both of them

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

miganswash2krithikas

swash2

Goldie

swash2

Posted: 10 October 2013 at 8:43am | IP Logged
shriram, excellent analysis and expert comments are a pleasure to read, thanks.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top