Frequent Posters

migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Thursday

Vaijayanthi - Roja poo aadi vandhadhu

it was ok  not that great.

Niranjana - Om nama sivaya
Fantastic - only they were saying just let go when singing high notes. I felt it was wonderful.

Madumita: Malare Mounama
Slow and low notes. She sang ogbut judges didn't give good cooments

Dipti Suresh
Kaatril endhan Geetham
Not bad - but there are slips here and there. 
Janaki amma said need modulations 
Sujata said dynamics and high note problem

Appa Janaki Amma sang and I don't know if it is rubber voice don't know how she does it

Had trouble in high portions. 

Janaki Amma talked in baby voice and male voice WOW 

Junior girls Priyanka, Yazhini, Danyasree and one more sang Janaki Amma melodies.

Priyanka voice amazing.

Wonderful episode again.
jaysvimal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
True.. It was amazing to hear Janaki amma... could be the high notes sounding hard because of her age.. but she rocks :)
That was Nithyashree (Vaijayanthi's younger sister) and Srinisha.. Is it the editing or something, I didnt hear a solo from Yazhini.. :( 

Priyanka was always mesmerizing, I can't forget her Oo.. Priya Priya with Kaushik in T20.. 

http://www.priyankasinger.com/home.html

Also, I thought Janaki Amma wanted to say something after they sang, but Vishnu cut her off :grrr
mellisai thumbnail
Best performer: Sonia
Danger zone Vaijeyanthy, Shenbagaraj. Madhumitha, Sanjay, Azhagesan
NO ELIMINATION today... during the next 3 weeks 5 participants will be eliminated so there will be 2 eliminations in 2 weeks. 😉

Surprised to see Madhumitha in the danger zone... 

Wonderfullife thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ~*Thamizhan*~

Best performer: Sonia

Danger zone Vaijeyanthy, Shenbagaraj. Madhumitha, Sanjay, Azhagesan
NO ELIMINATION today... during the next 3 weeks 5 participants will be eliminated so there will be 2 eliminations in 2 weeks. 😉

Surprised to see Madhumitha in the danger zone... 

Madhumita in danger zone a..😲 she sand the duet so beaiutifully.. sorry to say i didnt like Sujatha's comments.. Madhumita though being a budding singer gave her best ..how can it be compared to original song..😒

If vyjayanthi comes in danger zone ..then there is no  elimination.. how many times the judges will save her,.👎🏼
jaysvimal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: krithikas

Madhumita in danger zone a..😲 she sand the duet so beaiutifully.. sorry to say i didnt like Sujatha's comments.. Madhumita though being a budding singer gave her best ..how can it be compared to original song..😒

If vyjayanthi comes in danger zone ..then there is no  elimination.. how many times the judges will save her,.👎🏼

True.. Looks like Vyjayanthi being kept in because their family is celebrated as the Super singer family - Amma Appa Akka Thangai :) they keep bringing back Nithyashree to perform and how do we think they can eliminate the akka when the thangai is so great a star of their channel ! Nonsense!

I can't handle Sujatha's comments too. She picks on what the guest judges says and relates it in an altogether harsh way for her non-favorites. Had Janaki amma said something to Soundarya, Parvathi or Sonia the same way, she would have not made it big at all. I dont say Parvathi or Sonia are ever bad, but its just that I see a partiality in Sujatha's comments to Malayali singers which I desist. I truly think, by the way these channel politics grow, they will soon eliminate Madhumitha (like Vaishali and Shirley), but keep Alagesan just for TRP. No offense meant to the senior. In fact I was a big fan of him during the auditions. But now, it feels monotonous as his voice doesnt suit all genres and he really is not great at all of them when compared to those they have to eliminate to keep him in the show. 

He has proved his point to be in Top 20, may be its time to keep only the strongest contenders in the show. I sincerely hope they dont oust Shenbagaraj coz he is really good, except say few slips at times like this week. Otherwise he is a seasoned professional. So those in Danger zone have been relatively been there more number of times. Guess they are closer to the door than others, unless someone of the rest 15 really mess up big time. 

For all we know, they might eliminate their chosen winner before their weakest genre round, (Say like Aajeedh before the Carnatic round, or even Sai Charan) and bring them back for the Wildcard. By that time, the other finalists are already selected and go into a resting mode when the wildcard rounds are going on. By the time the wildcard is over they start voting, People start remembering only the last performances in the wildcard and the channel ensures their chosen winner is declared to have won the wildcard and will enter the finals. By the time the finals comes up, the whole public is behind some mesmerizing performances by the wildcard winner and would have forgotten the best performances of the other finalists who won the finals position rightfully. So VTV has got their winner the way they wanted right from the auditions. :) My bad too, I started watching junior only from July or August or so, and didnt realize the potential of the likes of Yazhini or Rakshitha or Anu. I kept voting for Aajeedh from Wildcard and ultimately on the final day, Pragathi proved me wrong :( She was awesome. but I didnt vote for her, coz of her back door entrance to Top 30 when everyone fought their way in. That doesnt say I dont like Aajeedh. I still love him, but Yazhini is a real mass of talent.. The same VTV politics happened with Sathya losing out to the Wildcard winner Sai Charan. Guess Soundarya's re-entry was based on Sai's idea that you lose in one year (say he lost in Junior, but won when People remembered seeing him before), you can win the second entry.. Or even VTV's own game plan to make use of her antics from T20 and last season to mark her the winner.. 

I sincerely wish these folks learn from Indian Idol the way they introduced wildcard entrant right with the Top 10 (wildcard was from those who didnt make it to Top 10 but missed it narrowly). Then left all the contestants and wildcard play on a level battle field. :( For all I know, Alagesan will be eliminated at Top11 position, brought back for Wildcard, all judges standup with respect when he sings songs not even known to his age and he comes back to finals skipping all the tough rounds of carnatic and others :)  Or do anyone know the weakest genre of Soundarya, we may lose her before that so she can come back in Wildcard to win :) Isnt it true?

Sorry for my rather long rant in frustration. :)

Edited by jaysvimal - 10 years ago
swash2 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hi jay, agree with you 100%, yes, they have a chosen winner and do eliminate him before their weakest genre before bringing them back during wildcard rounds. like they did for Ajeedh before classical, which was his weakest. though I liked the little champ, he got away with vandhE maatharam, a crowd puller and patriotic to the core, to sway votes in his favor in the finals.
a winner has to be versatile and prove his/her worth in every genre. but that is not the case.
Sathyaprakash was definitely a better contestant than SaiCharan IMO. and in the same manner, Srinivas should not have been eliminated.

here AlGates is kept only for TRP ratings and the judges, regular and guest are so damn patronizing and he doesn;t realize that.

the same with Rizwan. so what if he is physically challenged? we need to applaud him in our minds and not talk abt it in the open, acknowledging his accomplishments inspte of the fact he is like this...not my words...but Srinivasas', multitude times. why garner pity and why talk abt his challenge at all? just treat him like others and that will be the most welcome gesture.

but all said and done, i liked Sonia's performance today. was awesome.

i think Soundarya did a decent job and Parvathy was at her usual best, excelling in soft songs wtih lots of sangathis.
migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Exactly well said both Jay and Swash.
I totally agree about bringing kids in wildcard round.

Shenbagaraj and Madumitha are strong and definitely don't want to see them in danger zone.

Soundarya should have been there.

I feel the 5 need to be eliminated are Azhagesan sir, Sanjay, Vaijayanthi, Rizwan. 

But again Vijay TV has politics. Lets see what they decide to do.
Smiles-20 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
This week there is L.R. Eshwari coming. 

In danger zone its Parvathy and another female contestant. 
hopper_ocean thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
LR Eshwari .. thanks smiles for letting us know.

mellisai thumbnail
last week madhumitha & this week parvathy...??? thanks smiles.