Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

What's actually driving out the trp audience ? (Page 3)

dvs_smiRK IF-Dazzler
dvs_smiRK
dvs_smiRK

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 4:18am | IP Logged
Bang on post excellently analysing the deterioration of our show. Thumbs UpClap hitting every nail on its head. Everything was going fine until that fateful day Madhu wandered off into the jungle. I have watched this show from the beginning and that too for Rishbala only, the lead couple, their ishq, their junoon their angst. The channel tried to shove a triangle at us with the entry of a diabolical and now outright disgusting character, stupid polls were made on their website, pathetic articles were written on this. The PH didn't help the cause either. If they thought this would do anything less than infuriate and deter a hardcore fanbase, then they really were deluded, delusional and down right disorientated. The lack of morality and social etiquette shown through the current track, which further evokes disgust in us; just goes to further demonstrate the CVs failure to connect with its core audience, and thus driving them away. Once again great post Smile     

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

HoTSHeLL4leelaa9

..sairat.. IF-Sizzlerz
..sairat..
..sairat..

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 4:38am | IP Logged
Fab post Sayu

Simple reason for low TRP is Bhai n his sob stories and his rang badalate characters Stern Smile Dead
see after Bhai's fake death TRP were increasing episode-wise...but after his re-entry TRP Thumbs Down

and most of the audience like to see Rishbala in one frame be it hate or love but without interruption of you know who
just by copying RK...the other guy cant be RK Dead

Edited by taraka2005 - 17 August 2013 at 4:40am

HoTSHeLL4leelaa9

kahkashansakina IF-Sizzlerz
kahkashansakina
kahkashansakina

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 4:40am | IP Logged
Bang on post excellently analysing the deterioration of our show.

.Lonewalker. IF-Sizzlerz
.Lonewalker.
.Lonewalker.

Crazy Creative Junior

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 4:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mm990

" There were some sensible & logical posts & as well as some funny ones too claimimg Rishbala's "PDA" losing Bhai ka "Mehnat se kamayi hui" trp Shocked,ROFL "

What the hell? For real? PM me the link pleaseTongue

The question first came in my mind what does trp audience watch a show for ? Audience watch any show for the LEAD COUPLE mainly . No place of arguements here . Audience enjoyes the lead couple interacting with each other, be it fighting , hating , loving or as some ppl named it , doing "PDA" . Doesn matter what some handful of ppl think , the truth will be this only . Audience enjoyes the tracks where the leads r falling in love with each other or against any odd standing together as a strong bond & in leisure time do "PDA" . This is the main reason behind the high trp of any show which is showing the lead couple standing with each other in every situation , bounded by a strong vow of love . & thats what explains the 4+ trp MEIEJ used to fetch once . If we see the whole journey of MEIEJ till now we can see some specific periods in term of trps 

Couldn't agree more!! Supporting characters do just that.. support the story line.. The main reason is obviously the leads for whom the audience watches the show!!Smile

1st - Agree again!! Everyone knew by the promos that were aired even before the show aired that Vivian and Drashti are the leads of the show, and it will be their story, so people watched in anticipation of that. They got bored because they knew story won't go anywhere until Madhubala shares the frame with RK and their story can begin! However, I believe the 4 phere wedding should have been on cards already.. They just wanted Madhu to get engaged with Mukund so that RK can get one more thing to snatch away from her and their hatred can have more passion. Note that they never made Madhu fall for Mukund, they always intended to make RK Madhu's one and only epic love! However, they did a poor job with Mukund as it lacked logic.. it would have been better if he were engaged to Madhu for an arranged marriage before the accident happened. Would have made Madhu's fight with RK a little sensible at least. 

2nd- Couldn't agree more!!! It was truly the magical era of MEIEJ!! I so wish we get it back.. and soon!!! Cry

3rd- GOD!!! The worst phase of MEIEJ began!!! The clunkiest and the most lame characterization I have ever read or seen, when gets combined with an untimely entry and poor portrayal of the character, what can you expect will happen?? Obviously, the show lost all logic and charm!! Then butchering the titular  character of the show so that the clunky character can stay in the show  was height of senselessness!!! When CVs got RishBala married, so that an enraged and disgusted audience will know that RishBala are meant to be together, it was the perfect time to trash the pile of clunk for good.. but no!!! It got worse!!! The International don who fell in love with a married woman actually turned out to be the long lost brother of the woman's husband who was.. wait for it... a Bollywood Superstar!! ClapDead ... LAME!!!Thumbs Down ,, Audience questioned their sanity and many people changed their channels as advised by GH! So, then CVs thought of giving this pile of clunk another last try and painted him black!! But ooppss.. once a dumb person always a dumb person! They couldn't make him intelligent so had to make everyone else dumb and hence started the butchering of the leads yet again! 

I know for sure this track will end with Sultan's doom.. but still this is unbearable torture which needs to be stopped right away!! CVs better redeem our leads in the best way possible and kill this creep of a character in the worst way possible!! Enough is enough!!AngryAngryAngry

Yeah when a married couple display affection for each other even while they are alone it is boring PDA.. but when a peeping tom stares them creepily while becoming tandoori chicken in jealousy.. it's just amazing!! Dead And when that creepy person forces himself on a woman.. it's HAWT! Dead

Awesome post, Sayu!! Sorry for such a long reply!!TongueEmbarrassed

No problem Embarrassed u know I love read & write long comments LOL

@Red Haan ji ROFL For real ROFL . I hv to search the forum again to get those posts , but wl surely pm u once I get them Embarrassed may b raat ko Tongue

@Purple - Yup ! that's why they r called supporting characters . they r their just to support the story , but the story is meant for the leads only & ppl too enjoyes watching the leads mainly . As we all know if in any show a full episode is dragged without a glimpse of any of the leads , we say "kya boring epi tha yaar !" even if the sidekicks do any extra ordinary thing in the very same epi LOL That's the mentality of 99.9 % viewers .

@ your 1st point , well I don have much objection in that track . I know if they hv shown Madhu already emgaged to Muku it would have made more ense . But perhaps that's how they wanted to portray Madhu as ? too much idealistic ?? Doesn matter if the wounded is her relative or just a stranger , she will fight for justice in every case ?
& that's why her sudden 180 degree turn & being the support system of a hardcore criminal looked more disgusting Dead

@ your 2nd point , isme to koi bhi disagree nahi karega . That was the golden era of MEIEJ & 90.9% of us want that MEIEJ back ! But to be honest after all these mess that doesn look much possible Ouch

@your 3rd point , u know how much I agree with them ! Everything related to that character is just full of clunks ! Right from his entry to every nanosecond consuming mutations he went through ...everything is just ILLOGICAL utter crap Dead whatever the cvs tried with him , he never managed to attract audience . he always just drove away the viewers . At first ried to sell him openly , he couldn sell his story . then tried to sell him trough Madhu & RK respectively , he again proved himself a failure , then they tried to sell his sob stories under the wrapping of Rishbala marriage , again Mr. no-one-buys-me-coz-am-unsellable got proved as a failure ...then they tried to sell him as RK's step brother , even there too he disgusted off the audience & now the final try with full black paint & again only failure Ouch I don't think in any serial a continuously failing  character has been given so many chances(though he fails to do justice to those chances every time) yet , but bhai is being dragged dragged & dreagged like a kuggage with Rishbala & that annoyed the hell outta maximum viewers Sleepy

@ Pink said so right Clap why only leads ? u see the WHOLE WORLD has to become blind & dumb to enhance Bhai Sleepy
I just feel to bang the CVs head on hard wall , if that can pull them out of their Bhai love Angry

Valar.Morghulisleelaa9

leelaa9 IF-Addictz
leelaa9
leelaa9

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 5:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Saayaniz

Okk...as we can see as the trp chart is out there are numerous posts explaining why the trp is falling down . There were some sensible & logical posts & as well as some funny ones too claimimg Rishbala's "PDA" losing Bhai ka "Mehnat se kamayi hui" trp Shocked,ROFL U see an alag che opinion LOL So I was just thinking to pour 2 cents from my side too Tongue

The question first came in my mind what does trp audience watch a show for ? Audience watch any show for the LEAD COUPLE mainly . No place of arguements here . Audience enjoyes the lead couple interacting with each other, be it fighting , hating , loving or as some ppl named it , doing "PDA" . Doesn matter what some handful of ppl think , the truth will be this only . Audience enjoyes the tracks where the leads r falling in love with each other or against any odd standing together as a strong bond & in leisure time do "PDA" . This is the main reason behind the high trp of any show which is showing the lead couple standing with each other in every situation , bounded by a strong vow of love . & thats what explains the 4+ trp MEIEJ used to fetch once . If we see the whole journey of MEIEJ till now we can see some specific periods in term of trps .

1st . The Madhu-Mukku period .
At first Madhu-Mukku story too failed to fetch trp - reason is simple that time track wasn't revolving around the lead couple Rishbala .

To save the sinking ship CVs got Rishbala married by those epic 4 pheras & then the storyline started to revolve totally around Rishbala & see the magic it did !

2. Rishbala post 4 phera wedding period

Not only according to me , but according to trp charts too this was the golden era of MEIEJ . The story focused on the lead couple only & no doubt audience loved those Rishbalalicious episodes EmbarrassedBe it RK & Madhu bajaoing ek duje ka band LOL or starting to feel for each other post Ganpati visarjan Embarrassed or be it their whole episode long "PDA" post KC night Blushing . Audience NEVER got bored of Rishbala . Till the story highlights the lead couple audience remain glued to the show . Even that absurd villege track got good trp though there was nothing but Rishbala's "PDA" only . Even after unwedding drama everyone just peeped in to see what's in store for their lead couple now . & if I'm not wrong the drunk confession night at studio too fetched 4+ trp . That's where the audience's interest lies . Again & once again a track revolving around their lead couple only .

3. Post Sultan entry period .
Everything was going fine , viewers were still watching the show in a hope their Rishbala will soon reunite , but just then CVs introduced a character announcing him to be a "third angle" & half of the viewers lost interest , as it was a clear indication no Rishbala story, as they wanted, waiting for them. Sullu Miyaan jumped IN the show from his epic pond & audience's interest flew OUT through open window . & with it the poorly written & portrayed character , which is nothing but full of clunks Sleepy The criminal but "golden hearted" concept itself was a self contradicting absurd disaster. & to accomodate him , the leads got butchered like hell . The idealistic , justice favoring Madhu suddenly started to save a gangster from law & his well deserved punishments just bcoz he has a stammering child Stern Smile & so that Sullu can deliver all women ki izzat & all bla bla dialogue , the witty , smart , intelligent RK was suddenly demoted to a mere psycho Sleepy Audience does not like to see any side kick in more light than the lead couple . Period ! & thats what happened with MEIEJ . When the so called "third angle" was desperately being presented as a "golden hearted" man & the leads as dumb & psycho audience couldn take it anymore . They just gave up . Then again to save the sinking ship CVs clutched Rishbala & tried to get back the audience with their true confession & wedding . They promoted ONLY RISHBALA WEDDING through every possible means , promo , precap , fb status , tweets...everywhere only RISHBALA , Coz thats what can attract the viewers . Well viewers came back , wedding track got 3+ trp , but again CVs bewakufi spoilt the cake . Its true everywhere Rishbala wedding promos got a good number of viewers back , but cvs squeezed in Sullu's sob stories in between Rishbala moments & again irritated the hell outta audience . Result ? As soon as marriage track over they again lost a good number of viewers , trp dropped from 3+ to again 2point something LOL . Koi mane ya na mane everytime in every show its observed audience watch the show for the LEAD COUPLE only , they aren't interested in any side kick's sob story Sleepy & when the side kick's character is enhanced more & more ignoring the leads it annoyes the audience . Even now too though by tweets , fb statuses cvs r trying to convince this track is about Rishbala's love , will their love win over or not...when we open tv we get to see a dump & cry bucket Madhu , a brainless devdas RK & a triumphing Sultan &...we switch off the tv . Audience never like any character to be given more importance than the leads & thats the answer why the current track disgusting them . If now the track changes & the leads get their deserved importance back , if the leads triumph over the "third angle" audience will come back to the show for sure . I seriously don get why this track is being streached like elastic to show Sullu is smarter than Rishbala even though its getting proved to be a disastar Sleepy ? Just end this torture & then wait for audience's response .

P.S - Just a random question popped in my immature mind LOL. When a legally married couple romance each other in their own bedroom or any other empty places where no one except than them is present , can it be called "PDA" ?? Isn't the full form of PDA is "Public" display affection Ermm ?? I'm too immature u see , so just confused Unhappy

P.P.S - while commenting please don't bash anyone . All thanx to that special person that name itself has become an insulting word now a days Sleepy

What's actually driving out the trp audience ?

Superb post, Sayu.StarClap
TuMeri IF-Rockerz
TuMeri
TuMeri

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 5:09am | IP Logged
OMG!! completely bang on
u explained so beautiful...cvs experimental thought that bhai bring more spice in the show to reach more TRP..but eshse audience ko tikhi mirchi lag gayi hai...it became tasteless without leads proper action...

Pls @TM give this link ST,AS,GH n RS
.Lonewalker. IF-Sizzlerz
.Lonewalker.
.Lonewalker.

Crazy Creative Junior

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 5:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bahnni.mj

tho i initially thought that sultan's entry will give a new boost to the show...his characterisation and poor execution of an already feeble track drove the audience away from MB in hordes...it is clear that people don't want a 3rd angle in rishbala's story cos the show will always remain about them.i think the audience in general wouldn't be opposed to a temporary separation between this beloved couple...cos lets face it,its a daily soap and they have to showcase highs and lows in the life of the lead couple.

You mentioned in your post that even post unwedding..the TRPs reached 4+ cos the audience wanted to see what's in store for this couple.I now think had the CVs concentrated the track on RK gradually realising Madhu's value in his life and working to earn her love and respect and the track culminating in their grand wedding would have appealed to the audience much more than what has been shown in the past 3 months or so.

I know there are members who like to argue over the fact that rishbala 'PDA' doesn't fetch TRPs...rightly so...the audience just doesn't want to see them romance all day long but what the viewers have proved beyond ANY doubt is that romance or no romance the story has to focus on RISHBALA and RISHBALA ALONE.

@Red Thats the main point ! When a couple gets too much popular , a wide range of viewers fall in love with their lovestory , the entry of any "third angle" doesn please the audience at all . Yes ! for the show to continue there must be ups & downs in the leads' life & there might be separation too , BUT a separation or ups & downs does NOT always mean falling in love with some third person , specially if the third person posses such creep , nasty mindset & exhibits too disgusting to bear sleazy sdakchapish behavior viewers never ever accept that character or any possibility where the female lead might end up in a relationship with him Dead

@Blue take a bow ! u spoke up 90.9% viewers' heart content ! Even I too seriously feel proper redemption & realization of RK would have attracted more viewers than Bhai's women ki izzat & all bla bla dialogue Sleepy

@Pink this is the main reason why people was watching the show . They wanted to watch a story on Rishbala , they wanted to see Rishbala's   story . a proper storyline should be dedicated to keep the focus on the leads only . Not 365 days sugary romance , the story must contain different elements & different characters to support up the story , but please only to support up . If u make a sidekick stronger , smarter , winner than the leads audience just don like it .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Blue_Scrubs

.Lonewalker. IF-Sizzlerz
.Lonewalker.
.Lonewalker.

Crazy Creative Junior

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 5:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by priyachand

wonderful post!!! wish cvs see this n take appropriate action in our serial!!! loyal fans are more worried than d PH as it seemed to have too many other shows n films to worry abt. 

thanx for commenting Embarrassed yaa...it looks like so Ouch...cvs r just concerned about a single character , in fact in so much concern about that character that for the sake of that they can send even their leads to hell Dead & don even bother if the show itself gets packed up . Lead couple ka L bhi rahe na rahe , show rahe na rahe bas Bhaijaan rehna chahie Angry I seriously don't get what so special in that clunky character Dead ??

Edited by Saayaniz - 17 August 2013 at 5:26am

Go to top