Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Debater of the week #11: rahmona_pakswe; Note Pg9 (Page 10)

rahmona_pakswe IF-Sizzlerz
rahmona_pakswe
rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 6:10am | IP Logged
Sorry for disappearing. No I wasn't scared off I was rather dealing with a few things regarding my apartment (which is not solved yet) and the problems are time consuming and tiring. Will resume answering your questions as soon as possible. Thanks for being patient!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

MasterDisasterDiva-In-ArmorForever-KAnishu786OnepoundChic

rahmona_pakswe
rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 6:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

Congrats Mona :)

What do the below verse mean to you?

I worship not what you worship,
Nor do you worship Whom I worship,
Neither shall I worship what you worship,
Nor will you worship Whom I worship,
To you be your religion, and to me my religion.

In my opinion it means that you should maintain your own beliefs and not change them due to circumstances. Also the saying "agree on disagreeing" can be used here because it's not condemning other religions rather leaving everyone to believe whater they want to believe in.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nishu786

LovelyPlanet Goldie
LovelyPlanet
LovelyPlanet

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 7:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rahmona_pakswe

Sorry for disappearing. No I wasn't scared off I was rather dealing with a few things regarding my apartment (which is not solved yet) and the problems are time consuming and tiring. Will resume answering your questions as soon as possible. Thanks for being patient!
thanks for coming back Mona.. my apologies for my comment earlier if it helps in any way.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Forever-KArahmona_pakswe

rahmona_pakswe
rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 7:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nishu786

I am back with my second set of questions...well you are giving such amazing answers,i have to ask few more.

1) One guilty pleasure that you never wanna give up - 
Dark chocolate!  No matter how hard I try I can't give it u.

2) Describe friendship in your way - 
To be able to trust, to know they will be there for you but at the same time you will be there for them too. Have respect yet not to be afraid to criticise if it's needed. A good friendship should feel easy and light and not seem like a burdern.

3) Best compliment you ever got -
When someone told me how well I had managed balancing my two cultures. She thought I had managed to keep my Muslim ways yet blended in the Western society. It was a great compliment because it wasn't easy finding a balance. It was like mixing oil and water.

4) What you prefer? Lot of acquaintances or couple of close friends? Give reason -
I believe in quality and not in quantity so I prefer a few close friends.

5) What you prefer? Friends who say what's in their heart or friends who temper their words?
The first option. I prefer having friends being honest because I hate second guessing and not knowing what's going on in their hearts and minds. Be open and be honest but don't forget to do it with respect. Some subjects should be dealt deliactely.

6) One place you wanna visit with your daughter - 
Our homecountry Sweden. We both miss it very much. Hopefully soon enough we will visit again. Beside we both need to brush up our Swedish skills. LOL We both have lost some of the language as we've been living in UK for the past few years.

7) Two qualities that draw you to someone new - 
Wisdom and kindness

8) One weakness you wanna eliminate from your life - 
LOW SELF-ESTEEM! Seriously it's like a big fat roadblock in my life. Ugh!

9) Suppose if you could restore one broken relationship,which would it be? -
There are no relationship I would like to restore because the ones I have broken off with I don't want them in my life again.

10) Suppose you are not in talking terms with one of your close friend. You think he/she made some mistake,&your friend think you made some mistake. How difficult is it for you to forgive them who refuses to apologize or accept their mistake? - 
It's almost impossible because I can't stand people who refuses to admit their mistakes (even my daughter doesn't go away with that behaviour)!!! If I make mistake I will admit (eventually) and ask for forgiveness as I believe to be a mere human being who neither stands above or below anyone and should not walk around being an arrogant idiot. I think people who refuses to accept their mistakes are arrogant and see themselves above others and that bugs me to no end. Grrr!

On the other it could be that some people DO realise their mistakes but are too afraid to admit. That behaviour could be accidentally misunderstood as arrogance. God...human realtionships are complicated!

Edit - typo 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MasterDisasternishu786

rahmona_pakswe
rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lonely0planet

thanks for coming back Mona.. my apologies for my comment earlier if it helps in any way.
Of course it helps! Your apology means a lot. But I don't want similar behaviour like yours in my MOTW again. Feel free to ask questions and if I answer them and you don't agree then show disagreement respectfully and not by blowing things out of proportion.

I know I put you on the spot by mentioning your name however I say things like I feel they are. So either take my honesty or leave it. Once agian thanks for apologising.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

McNinjareturn_to_hadesChameli_billi

nishu786 IF-Sizzlerz
nishu786
nishu786

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 8:10am | IP Logged

Originally posted by nishu786

I am back with my second set of questions...well you are giving such amazing answers,i have to ask few more.

1) One guilty pleasure that you never wanna give up - 
Dark chocolate!  No matter how hard I try I can't give it u.

That's my wifey's weakness too LOL
2) Describe friendship in your way - 
To be able to trust, to know they will be there for you but at the same time you will be there for them too. Have respect yet not to be afraid to criticise if it's needed. A good friendship should feel easy and light and not seem like a burdern.

Agree,I need to learn little bit,at times i can get on my friend's nerves,specially if i am angry :P
3) Best compliment you ever got -
When someone told me how well I had managed balancing my two cultures. She thought I had managed to keep my Muslim ways yet blended in the Western society. It was a great compliment because it wasn't easy finding a balance. It was like mixing oil and water.

Ya, it can be really tough to balance between two cultures,Kudos to you for doing that :).

4) What you prefer? Lot of acquaintances or couple of close friends? Give reason -
I believe in quality and not in quantity so I prefer a few close friends.

Bingo...

5) What you prefer? Friends who say what's in their heart or friends who temper their words?
The first option. I prefer having friends being honest because I hate second guessing and not knowing what's going on in their hearts and minds. Be open and be honest but don't forget to do it with respect. Some subjects should be dealt deliactely.

Ya,specially if they are close friends,then one need them to be honest.
6) One place you wanna visit with your daughter - 
Our homecountry Sweden. We both miss it very much. Hopefully soon enough we will visit again. Beside we both need to brush up our Swedish skills. LOL We both have lost some of the language as we've been living in UK for the past few years.

Aah, You need to tell me some nice places in Sweden to visit. I still need to explore that country.
7) Two qualities that draw you to someone new - 
Wisdom and kindness

Good choice...

8) One weakness you wanna eliminate from your life - 
LOW SELF-ESTEEM! Seriously it's like a big fat roadblock in my life. Ugh!

9) Suppose if you could restore one broken relationship,which would it be? -
There are no relationship I would like to restore because the ones I have broken off with I don't want them in my life again.

10) Suppose you are not in talking terms with one of your close friend. You think he/she made some mistake,&your friend think you made some mistake. How difficult is it for you to forgive them who refuses to apologize or accept their mistake? - 
It's almost impossible because I can't stand people who refuses to admit their mistakes (even my daughter doesn't go away with that behaviour)!!! If I make mistake I will admit (eventually) and ask for forgiveness as I believe to be a mere human being who neither stands above or below anyone and should not walk around being an arrogant idiot. I think people who refuses to accept their mistakes are arrogant and see themselves above others and that bugs me to no end. Grrr!

On the other it could be that some people DO realise their mistakes but are too afraid to admit. That behaviour could be accidentally misunderstood as arrogance. God...human realtionships are complicated!

That's the answer i was looking for.

Edit - typo 

My replies are in Pink.

Thanks for replying Mona...really liked all your replies. 

rahmona_pakswe

LovelyPlanet Goldie
LovelyPlanet
LovelyPlanet

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 8:27am | IP Logged

Originally posted by lonely0planet

Of course it helps! Your apology means a lot. But I don't want similar behaviour like yours in my MOTW again. Feel free to ask questions and if I answer them and you don't agree then show disagreement respectfully and not by blowing things out of proportion.

I know I put you on the spot by mentioning your name however I say things like I feel they are. So either take my honesty or leave it. Once agian thanks for apologising.
i am glad i did then.. but i am not happy with your comment either whether honest or not.. i dont think i got on your nerves by creating a thread where i was being honest.
Anyway contrary to Tanni/LN Radha and Aahana agree with me MOTW should not pass negative comments about members and people should now ask negative questions involving members. So either you take it off or i am requesting Radha again.

Forever-KA

rahmona_pakswe
rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 23 August 2013 at 8:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

Aren't you just killing it already, Mona! Good goingClap!

Promise this lot would be fun and easy!

ManU/ Real Madrid/ Barca
I have no clue because I haven't watched any of them play in a long time. I've stopped following clubs and only concentrate on FIFA Worldcup or European Cup.

Messi / C. Ronaldo
Messi

Spain /Germany /Brazil ( foot play ofcourse )
Brazil because their footboll is fun to watch. For a long time Germany was like their cars, efficient yet boring (please German supporters don't kill meLOL) however for the past few years they have added elemen of entertainment in the way they play. Spanish clubs have always been successful but as a nation they just recently succeded. They do play good footboll but there's something special with Brazil.

Lets give you the power of planning a week just for yourself, get down and mention all the crazies you would do?
First of all I would do parkour the entire week. Only the beginners level of course. No way I'm jumping between houses yet. LOL The idea of parkour is so tempting and I wish there was a way I could pursue it. Already when I go out I have to force myself not to jump over stuff or do other crazy things (still young at heart).

Go karting sounds fun and I would most definitely do it. On one of the days I would go to Harrods and behave like a pure utter snob. Try out different clothes, look at different items, wrinkle my nose and walk out like everything is below me. LOL

Sorry that's all I can think of. I'm not a very adventerous person.

A image that has stayed with you till now?
When I went to High School in Sweden we used to have a group of students who had Cerebral Palsy. One of the students used to ride around a bike with three wheels (very similar to the bikes used in special Olympics). He used to scream and shout of pure happiness while cycling around in the halls. I don't know where he is now or even alive but I'll never forget how much he enjoyed his breaks.

If you were a DMG character , who would you be and why?
Dr Muskaan. She's so funny!!!

Fav. Cartoon
Back in the days it used to be Transformers. Now it's Burka Avengers.

Fav junk food
Anything fried. Stick anything in the fryer and I'll eat it. I love crunchy crispy food.

The most silliest thing you would love to do.
I already do small silly things. Sometimes to annoy and embarass the hell of my daughter I can start making silly faces or speak in funny noises in public. And then she dies of shame! ROFL Nowadays I don't have to do that much anyway. She's at a stage where she thinks anything I do is embarrassing and I take full advantage of it. Evil Smile ROFL What?! She used to embarrass me when she was a toddler. I've probably died of shame more than her. Revenge is sweet! Evil Smile

A dance form you want to learn.
Hip-Hop

If you were a bird where will you fly?
Korea. Only because I'm suffering from K-drama fever and anything related to Korea is interesting at the moment.

Now, keep that smile and give yourself a pat in the back, you are doing awesome!
Thank you!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

MasterDisasterDiva-In-ArmorMcNinjaForever-KAnishu786OnepoundChiccharminggenie

Go to top